New Staff Members!
Just_Dream
post May 5 2008, 01:31 AM
Post #26

durian

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 3,860

QUOTE(Tungster @ May 4 2008, 11:25 PM) *
^ ey ey livee poorr skeetcumlite alonee..!!

..but moi wantt dat cookiee.!!!.tongue.gif

No wai. BTW I'm posting "a lot" now by posting in the introductions forum! lyk zomg i deserve admin status, mang!

Tung
post May 5 2008, 01:54 AM
Post #27

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Member No: 65,593

mightt..as well hirree dat grifffindor-gurl wile we at it.....stubborn.gif _unsure.gif tongue.gif

On a serious note. how manny got hired is beyond ridiculous. i thought someone like nicki or even maybe janette should be on there.

here's manny's post stats

Most active in
Forum Games
34 posts / 17% of this member's active posts

It says she has 1600 posts. but those are from comments on cbspace, and graphics/layouts. shes only actually made 200 posts on the forum itself, and they are in the sandbox. >_> 34/200 posts = 17%

*absinthe*
post May 5 2008, 02:15 AM
Post #28

lol, Tung.

I thought they would hire more. blink.gif

Manny-the-dino is Natalia, btw.

Congrats everyone! flowers.gif

DoubleJ
post May 5 2008, 02:17 AM
Post #29

The Resident Drunk

Group: Head Staff
Member No: 593,266

And my friend comes out from hiding!

datass
post May 5 2008, 06:43 AM
Post #30

(′ ・ω・`)

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 72,477

O_o

who's manny. sounds like some sort of fat woman's name ;x

tokyo-rose
post May 5 2008, 08:15 AM
Post #31

♡♡♡♡♡

Group: Head Staff
Member No: 108,478

Congratulations to all the new staffies. :)

Teesa
post May 5 2008, 10:10 AM
Post #32

crushed.

Member No: 20,026

congrats to everyone!! flowers.gif

to be completely honest, i thought manny would be hired as design staff because i really do like all the tutorials she's contributed. hmm.

mizzkewl06
post May 5 2008, 10:24 AM
Post #33

<(^_^<) DANCE!(>^_^)>

Group: Official Member
Member No: 586,621

congrats to everyone! _smile.gif
i may not know any of you, but i'm sure if you got to where you're at you deserve it.

IVIike
post May 5 2008, 02:37 PM
Post #34

Hey, I'm Mike

Member No: 406,241

Congrats guys _smile.gif

rnicron
post May 5 2008, 02:40 PM
Post #35

Member No: 171,080

Why does everyone say Nate is an obvious choice? Because he makes clear, coherent posts? All the support that goes towards Nate is just because he has well thought out, long posts. Wow.

ersatz
post May 5 2008, 03:41 PM
Post #36

Ms. Granger

Member No: 165,238

QUOTE(Tungster @ May 5 2008, 01:54 AM) *
mightt..as well hirree dat grifffindor-gurl wile we at it.....stubborn.gif _unsure.gif tongue.gif

On a serious note. how manny got hired is beyond ridiculous. i thought someone like nicki or even maybe janette should be on there.

here's manny's post stats

Most active in
Forum Games
34 posts / 17% of this member's active posts

It says she has 1600 posts. but those are from comments on cbspace, and graphics/layouts. shes only actually made 200 posts on the forum itself, and they are in the sandbox. >_> 34/200 posts = 17%

That's actually pretty funny, haha. 200 posts...and you get on staff...

synatribe
post May 5 2008, 04:16 PM
Post #37

AIDS at RAVES.

Member No: 598,878

anyway's congrats :] to EVERYONE :]

superstitious
post May 5 2008, 05:36 PM
Post #38

Tick tock, Bill

Group: Administrator
Member No: 333,948

Congratulations, everyone. Sorry I haven't been around as much to see all this come completely to fruition (and for the delays as well).

venti-anemoi
post May 5 2008, 05:43 PM
Post #39

torn

Member No: 55,718

manny-the-dino (whose real name isn't Manny, by the way <_< just like my real name isn't dreamstar) contributes a lot, and I mean A LOT, of tutorials. Have you seen the leaderboard? I mean, she's like five times ahead of anyone else. She also contributes a lot of graphics.

But for that reason, I was also surprised that she was hired for people staff; I thought she'd make a good design staff[er].

Elba
post May 5 2008, 05:45 PM
Post #40

Member No: 4,975

Contributing tutorials has nothing to do with your presence in the community center. No one knows her. All I know is that she has this annoying ass font, she doesn't seem very bright, and the mods tried really hard not to hire the better cantidates.

venti-anemoi
post May 5 2008, 05:47 PM
Post #41

torn

Member No: 55,718

QUOTE(Elba @ May 5 2008, 03:45 PM) *
Contributing tutorials has nothing to do with your presence in the community center. No one knows her.

Right, that's why I said I was surprised she was hired as people staff, not design staff. I think she's pretty well-known in the resource center; I see her posting a lot in graphic help.

stephinika
post May 5 2008, 05:59 PM
Post #42

Member No: 41,748

Wow. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty surprised too. Definitely not what I expected. Congrats to those who deserve it though.

NoSex
post May 5 2008, 06:01 PM
Post #43

in the reverb chamber.

Member No: 300,308

QUOTE(Elba @ May 5 2008, 05:45 PM) *
Contributing tutorials has nothing to do with your presence in the community center. No one knows her. All I know is that she has this annoying ass font, she doesn't seem very bright, and the mods tried really hard not to hire the better cantidates.

Caution to the wind: this is more of a general address, I'm not trying to pick on you Elba.

I think the staff tried really hard to seriously consider all candidates. Frankly, I think a lot of people are being a bit unfair about this whole hiring process. First off, sometimes, when something is being done right, things take a while. Three weeks isn't a stupidly offensive period of time to be taken for consideration. We can all learn to be bit more patient, maybe. Secondly, the choices of the staff here, to me at least, don't seem misinformed or especially faulty. There were a lot of nominations, and, although not all the people I had in mind were hired, a lot of them were. We have to understand that our best friends won't always make the best mods. Further, it's a good idea to get differing perspectives on staff - of course you won't agree with everyone placed on staff (you shouldn't). Lastly, we can't judge anything prematurely. We're all on probationary periods right now and no one can truly be sure of how this is all going to play out. Hopefully things will be exemplary. But, obviously, that's in an ideal situation. What is good is that staff is appropriately preparing (at least) for a transitional period. The hired persons you aren't happy with have sometime before they can actually validate that dubiosity.

Let's just be patient. Let's see how things work out during this probationary period. If you believe the mods you are unhappy with actually underperformed, then at that time it would be wholly appreciated and appropriate if you made your feelings explicit. However, right now, any judgment is a bit premature. Let's just assume, for now, that the staff deliberated and considered all points seriously. Let's just assume that these choices were made in all sincerity and confidence. And, when problems arise, we can address them. But, seriously, this just seems a bit premature.

(P.S. Can Nicki be on staff?)

manny-the-dino
post May 5 2008, 06:09 PM
Post #44

Group: Administrator
Member No: 498,468

first off, i'd like to say congrats to everyone! clap.gif
good job, guys! _smile.gif

and i'd like to address the comments people have been making about me & getting on people staff.
yes some of you probaby haven't even heard of me but maybe it's because you don't visit the "tutorials" section of cB that much to know that. i have about 70 photoshop tutorials. i also comment on new graphics i see get accepted on here. yes my total number of posts may be low as of right now but i am working on that. it does say that i am most active in forum games but that was a loooooooong time ago. i have stopped posting in the forum games. now i try & focus on the designer's cafe & graphics help sections. when i was posting in the forum games section of the forums, i did not have the intent to apply for staff. however, i was chosen & am happy & will therefore do my best to help out cB.

btw, my real name is not "manny" as stated in my username. it is Natalia. long story about how i chose my username. tongue.gif

Rachel
post May 5 2008, 06:13 PM
Post #45

i've never wanted anything rationale.

Member No: 19,045

QUOTE(Spencer @ May 5 2008, 12:40 PM) *
Why does everyone say Nate is an obvious choice? Because he makes clear, coherent posts? All the support that goes towards Nate is just because he has well thought out, long posts. Wow.

Because staff loooooooves him, thats why it was an obvious choice...

NoSex
post May 5 2008, 06:16 PM
Post #46

in the reverb chamber.

Member No: 300,308

QUOTE(Rachel @ May 5 2008, 06:13 PM) *
Because staff loooooooves him, thats why it was an obvious choice...

I am very huggable.

Elba
post May 5 2008, 06:21 PM
Post #47

Member No: 4,975

QUOTE(manny-the-dino @ May 5 2008, 04:09 PM) *
first off, i'd like to say congrats to everyone! clap.gif
good job, guys! _smile.gif

and i'd like to address the comments people have been making about me & getting on people staff.
yes some of you probaby haven't even heard of me but maybe it's because you don't visit the "tutorials" section of cB that much to know that. i have about 70 photoshop tutorials. i also comment on new graphics i see get accepted on here. yes my total number of posts may be low as of right now but i am working on that. it does say that i am most active in forum games but that was a loooooooong time ago. i have stopped posting in the forum games. now i try & focus on the designer's cafe & graphics help sections. when i was posting in the forum games section of the forums, i did not have the intent to apply for staff. however, i was chosen & am happy & will therefore do my best to help out cB.

btw, my real name is not "manny" as stated in my username. it is Natalia. long story about how i chose my username. tongue.gif

Again, nothing to do with the CC.

thefourpanedwind...
post May 5 2008, 06:22 PM
Post #48

Group: Member
Member No: 646,701

I know nothing of anyone in the past or that sorta thing...seeing as where I am a new member... It is just I find it ironic the person I dealt with is here on this new staff list. Hmm.

misoshiru
post May 5 2008, 06:27 PM
Post #49

yan lin♥

Member No: 13,627

who?

thefourpanedwind...
post May 5 2008, 06:31 PM
Post #50

Group: Member
Member No: 646,701

QUOTE(misoshiru @ May 5 2008, 04:27 PM) *
who?

Christy (highwayto4355)

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: