3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
ATTENTION: Must have written permission
parttimelyts
post Mar 24 2008, 08:04 PM
Post #51

Group: Member
Member No: 594,274

no offense but anyone could simply make up a permission statement. anyway most of the people on createblog use photobucket, i can gurantee with putting this in effect will limit your layouts coming in. you should just ask everyone to provide a link for the images they use if it comes from deviantart, require them to ask permission.

freeflow
post Mar 24 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #52

t-t-t-toyaaa

Group: Official Member
Member No: 11,270

If it limits how many we get , what's wrong with that? It's better than us having to go back and delete tons of layout because people stole graphics/images . It's not a hard concept and if people stop submitting layouts over it , honestly that's not our problem. Not to mention, most layout designers should not have a problem with it. If you do that's you.

pandora
post Mar 24 2008, 10:42 PM
Post #53

i did your boyfriend

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 4,071

honestly most of the people that jock suck anyway, and we dont really need their submissions.

clarity
post Mar 25 2008, 12:22 AM
Post #54

vengeance.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 437,024

Haha damnnn CB is getting all "blah". ;x

I do find this new 'rule/requirement' highly reasonable. It`s annoying when people just take work. I've seen MANY layouts on here with just MANY images i`ve seem from DA. :\

res8zenith
post Mar 29 2008, 11:17 AM
Post #55

Member No: 569,515

well.. lets see, i normally give all the credits i can think of, i don't use photobucket images except from my own account, and as for deviantart! i save their images to my favorites, and ask them later on. that way they are like, hey! my image is famous in a layout too now! awesome :D whistling.gif stress off my back...some people are complaining to me saying that my layouts have too long credits, i'm thinking if they use my layout and delete the credits, do i get in trouble or do they?

-autumnsunsets,res8zenith

superstitious
post Mar 29 2008, 11:23 AM
Post #56

Tick tock, Bill

Group: Administrator
Member No: 333,948

QUOTE(parttimelyts @ Mar 24 2008, 08:04 PM) *
no offense but anyone could simply make up a permission statement. anyway most of the people on createblog use photobucket, i can gurantee with putting this in effect will limit your layouts coming in. you should just ask everyone to provide a link for the images they use if it comes from deviantart, require them to ask permission.

We can always email the person who supposedly gave permission. If there's doubt, we can ask for links as well.

I'd rather have less layouts than have a bunch of jocked ones.

res8zenith - Technically they would get in trouble, but since your the 'code' owner, it's up to you to keep the integrity of the original artist's wishes. Many designers ask that their coding doesn't get altered.

musesinspiration
post Apr 7 2008, 01:39 PM
Post #57

Member No: 638,519

QUOTE(pandora @ Feb 20 2008, 07:28 PM) *
I'm just going to say this once. Just because you cite credit to an artist for using their photos or graphic art does not give you permission to use it. You must submit written approval from the original artists before you use any of their work from now on. Quote them in your comments or send a PM to a design staff or something.

So what do you do in the case of this layout:

http://www.createblog.com/layouts/code.php?id=16068

The brushes used in this aren't even mentioned, let alone anything indicating that the artist has permission to use them. The brushes belong to: http://www.inobscuro.com

pandora
post Apr 7 2008, 01:42 PM
Post #58

i did your boyfriend

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 4,071

When someone offers resources like brushes for public use, i am fairly sure that it's okay for people to use them as they see fit. Offering brushes openly to the public constitutes as permission.

Again, stock resources do not have to be cited unless the owner states specifically that they want credit.

Assemblage
post Oct 24 2008, 10:56 AM
Post #59

Member No: 691,215

Good call on this post, as a contributer to both the payed and free world of stock photography and design... I know how it feels when I am asked permission for use and when I find poeple redistributing or even selling my work as their own! stubborn.gif

If it hasen't been mentioned a few good resources are:
Stock Exchange
www.sxc.hu
This is a free stock community with good caliber work- the usage restrictions are under the photo and range from free for website and non for profits to notifying the artist to getting their permission.

**Its always good to practice good manners and treat the work like it was your own- a thank you and I am using this comment goes a long way. People are generally understanding and will give their images away if you show them the beautiful art you have created with them to grace blog sites all over the internet!- biggrin.gif I know I am!

Another great free resource is Morge file
http://www.morguefile.com/
Same edicate when using their work- We want our work to be used- just remember to practice common courtesy:)

See a good list of free and shared work here:
http://www.photoshoptalent.com/photoshop-links/

Happy designing everyone
Hope this helps

AuFait00
post Oct 24 2008, 09:11 PM
Post #60

Member No: 589,126

QUOTE(miyashu @ Feb 20 2008, 07:23 PM) *
Otherwise, the graphic/layout will be rejected?

I'm tired of seeing layouts that use deviantart images when the designer probably didn't even ask for permission to use it. It's really a simple process.

(Guys, if the artist never replies to your email, take the hint and don't use the artwork/photo/whatever.)

I totally agree! Not only that I DO not like seeing people use backgrounds from photobucket. I mean come'on guys!

res8zenith
post May 12 2009, 06:54 PM
Post #61

Member No: 569,515

all i know is that every time i use something that ISN'T MINE but i'm still going to use it, i ask, comment, or message that person who DID create that graphic that i want to use. afterwards when i have used it, i credit it not only on the layout, but on my site credits under THANKS.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: