post Dec 9 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #1

Cornflakes :D

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 322,923

Hey Everyone,

The community guidelines have been updated with the following rules:
Making Multiple Accounts:

Creating multiple accounts without permission is NOT allowed. Depending on the severity of the situation, anyone who is caught doing this will receive punishment, which may include raised warning level, mod preview, disabled posting, or a banned account. All duplicate accounts will immediately be disabled.

Posting Pictures
If found posting pictures of other memebers in order to demean them, the image will be removed and you will have an increased warning and if needed put on mod preview.

A separate post should be give to explain spam. You can also find these definitions in the Forum Rules in the Lounge.
Spam is/are:
Spam in the Resource Center:
  • Anything not pertaining or contributing to the topic (i.e., "South Park is the bestest show ever, no?" in a topic about, say, Myspace codes)
  • Chatting --> Some is tolerated but personal conversations and chatspeak is in no way allowed. Use the chatroom. That's what it's there for.
  • Posting the same topic in more than one forum. Accidents happen but it's spam if it's done repeatedly. There is a place for everything.
  • N.B. It is fine if one or two word posts are made in response to yes or no questions but don't do this for the sake of being annoying.
Spam in the Community Center:
  • Anything not pertaining or contributing to the topic (i.e., "South Park is the bestest show ever, no?" in a topic about, say, Myspace codes)
  • Chatting --> Some is tolerated but personal conversations and chatspeak is in no way allowed. Use the chatroom. That's what it's there for.
  • Blatant ignorance of forum/topic rules (i.e., Member Photos: there's a rule that you must thumb pictures that stretch out the forums, and if you keep doing it after you're warned, it is considered spam, or warning-worthy)
  • Repetitive posts (i.e., in Introductions, copying and pasting "Welcome to cB, and enjoy your stay!" for each thread)
  • Posting the same topic in more than one forum. Accidents happen but it's spam if it's done repeatedly. There is a place for everything.
  • Double-posting --> Wait until someone makes a new post after yours before you make a reply in that same topic. If you wish to add on to your previous post, use the Edit link at the bottom of your reply.
Any rules and guidelines posted separately from the community guidelines (ie: pinned topics) are included as well.

Also please keep in mind that the By-laws have been removed.

Any questions please leave them here.

*jeanna*
post Dec 9 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #2

what if you're posting on the multiple accounts you've already made? is that acceptable?

Insurmountable
post Dec 9 2007, 10:50 PM
Post #3

Any multiple accounts made from this day on will have the punishment above.

Although if you are causing havoc or abusing your other accounts they will be deleted.

pandora
post Dec 9 2007, 11:36 PM
Post #4

i did your boyfriend

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 4,071

personally i think that we should give the multiple account users a choice of which one account they'd like to keep and then delete the rest. (unless they have a good reason to have a second or third account) We're not exactly punishing them for breaking a rule that we just created - we're just making everything conform to the guidelines.

Tung
post Dec 10 2007, 12:07 AM
Post #5

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Member No: 65,593

Can you transfer all of the posts from my other accounts to this one. So my post count can go up?

*jeanna*
post Dec 10 2007, 12:15 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(Insurmountable @ Dec 9 2007, 11:50 PM) *
Any multiple accounts made from this day on will have the punishment above.

Although if you are causing havoc or abusing your other accounts they will be deleted.

like posting penis pictures?

Tung
post Dec 10 2007, 12:17 AM
Post #7

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

QUOTE(jeanna @ Dec 9 2007, 09:15 PM) *

Better than posting halfass pics of yourself. thumbsup.gif

*jeanna*
post Dec 10 2007, 12:20 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(tungmyBANANA @ Dec 10 2007, 01:17 AM) *

halfass? as in nysocciian and the paper? or what

Tung
post Dec 10 2007, 12:22 AM
Post #9

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

QUOTE(jeanna @ Dec 9 2007, 09:20 PM) *
halfass? as in nysocciian and the paper? or what

I'll let you think about that one. wink.gif

Insurmountable
post Dec 10 2007, 12:30 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(tungmyBANANA @ Dec 10 2007, 12:17 AM) *

Tung quit the member bashing and the spamming around. Next time found making fun of other memebers or saying things that are offensive you will receive warnings.

Seriously replies guys, and Trish I understand that we could do that but its just going to be a big hassle for others at this point. I think if their smart enough then they will only use the other accounts for the right reasons and for now they know that if the abuse those other accounts their going to be deleted and they will receive a warning.

Tung, if you want your other posts from your other account added, sure. Although I need ever other account you have and I'm going through the posts, and if their all spam in the wrong forums you will not have the posts added.

Tung
post Dec 10 2007, 12:35 AM
Post #11

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

How was that member bashing? You assume I was talking about Jeanna in my post. Quit assuming. For all you know I meant posting pics of penises are better than posting halfass pictures. I'll state whatever the hell I want. Get outta here.

Insurmountable
post Dec 10 2007, 12:38 AM
Post #12

Tung this is my topic, its more or less you get out of my topic. If you have nothing to contribute what this topic was made for then don't reply at all. We can take this to the PM I already sent you if you have something further to say.

pandora
post Dec 10 2007, 12:44 AM
Post #13

i did your boyfriend

how is it gonna be a hassle?

Tung
post Dec 10 2007, 12:46 AM
Post #14

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

I guess Jeanna went to the superiors and ratted me out huh? How lame. Just like how Jeanna been sucking on her momma's titties for money, and can't argue for shit in the Money, Money, Money thread, she has to suck on the superiors titties. I don't know about you, but do you realize there are much more bashing in the Cute/Hot Girl thread, and Member's photos, than me alone? Don't target me, because I'm an easy target to pick on. I'm not going to snitch on other people who been constantly bashing other people, because I don't play that game. Fine, I'll take the fall for EVERYONE for member bashing the past two weeks. Kay. End.

Insurmountable
post Dec 10 2007, 12:49 AM
Post #15

Alright thank you Tung for being the bigger person.

Trish, because to search all the names and then to delete them is by far time consuming. If others really feel the need that they need their accounts deleted because they can't possibly help themselves from signing in on them, then fine. Leave all your multiple user names here and I'll be more than happy to delete the accounts.

pandora
post Dec 10 2007, 12:51 AM
Post #16

i did your boyfriend

how about instead of taking action when they "abuse" their secondary accounts, we take action if we catch them using them at all from this point on?

basically, no ones allowed to post on any secondary accounts if they dont have a good reason to have those accounts in the first place.

Insurmountable
post Dec 10 2007, 01:05 AM
Post #17

QUOTE(jeanna @ Dec 10 2007, 12:15 AM) *

Any posts, Why would someone need a secondary account when they can just post on their original account?

As I said, if any of you seriously need your accounts deleted because you can't help yourself from signing in on them then I'll be more than happy to delete them.

rnicron
post Dec 10 2007, 01:09 AM
Post #18

Member No: 171,080

Are.you.KIDDING?

Insurmountable
post Dec 10 2007, 01:12 AM
Post #19

No I am not.

rnicron
post Dec 10 2007, 01:14 AM
Post #20

That whole account thing is seriously the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Insurmountable
post Dec 10 2007, 01:15 AM
Post #21

Well personally I rather not go through another situation like Amber, or Liana, or anyone else that feels the need to make another account to look like a idiot on the internet.

Tung
post Dec 10 2007, 01:15 AM
Post #22

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

QUOTE(Spencer @ Dec 9 2007, 10:14 PM) *
That whole account thing is seriously the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

rnicron
post Dec 10 2007, 01:17 AM
Post #23

Wow, I'm glad we care about how dumb someone makes their own self look.

pandora
post Dec 10 2007, 01:17 AM
Post #24

i did your boyfriend

most of the time people get on their secondary accounts to post what you would complain as being pointless topics in the lounge, so you should really be happy.

we arent prohibiting secondary accounts; we're just asking for a good reason to have one.

rnicron
post Dec 10 2007, 01:19 AM
Post #25

I don't recall complaining about topics, or people using secondary accounts for that matter.

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: