Reply to this topicStart new topic
Help Topic Titles
Insurmountable
post Nov 16 2007, 11:21 PM
Post #1

Cornflakes :D

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 322,923

Trish (tripvertigo) one of our design staff moderators has put together these new set of rules for us to be able to better help everyone _smile.gif You will find a new pinned topic in each support forum that we hope everyone takes the time to read before asking any questions, if not and your topic title or post is against the rules then it will be closed and moved to the appropriate forum afterwards. Here follows the content that you will find in the new pinned topics. Thank you Trish for taking out the time to make these flowers.gif

In order for us to help you, you must fulfill the following requirements and guidelines. Any topics made without the required information will be closed by a moderator.
  • Topic must be titled to reflect the question you are asking. This means you shouldn't title your topic "Help me" or "Confused" etc. (example: If you are asking about div positioning, title the topic "positioning your div" or "div positioning." We shouldnt have to guess what your topic is about.
  • Topic must include a screenshot or url AND any coding used. How do you expect anyone to help you if they can't see what you're talking about?
  • Please check your topic frequently. Your question may have been answered. If you do not respond within two weeks, your topic may be closed by a moderator and moved to the appropriate Resolved Topics forum if they decide that your question has been answered.
  • After your question has reached a solution, please post to acknowledge that your problem has been solved, so a moderator can close the topic and move it to the appropriate Resolved Topics forum.
  • No questions about any type of ad removal.
  • No rants/complaints/questions about why your layout submission to createblog was rejected by a moderator. PM the moderator directly if you have any concerns with their decision.
Other guidelines you may want to follow:
  • Check the Resolved Topics subforum, because your question may have been asked in the past.
  • Check the tutorials and scripts sections of createblog.
  • If you are asking about a particular layout provided by createblog, PM the designer that made it.
  • Be polite. No one will help you if you are being rude.

arcanum
post Nov 17 2007, 02:53 AM
Post #2

:)

Member No: 34,459

Amaaaazing! I'm so excited about this. haha

IVIike
post Nov 17 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #3

Hey, I'm Mike

Member No: 406,241

It's a good idea, but i don't this it needs to be the frontpage announcement pinch.gif

Uronacid
post Nov 18 2007, 01:53 PM
Post #4

Group: Official Member
Member No: 555,438

QUOTE(IVIike @ Nov 17 2007, 06:34 PM) *
It's a good idea, but i don't this it needs to be the frontpage announcement pinch.gif

Mike, just role with it...

arcanum
post Nov 19 2007, 02:17 PM
Post #5

:)

Member No: 34,459

^ Why not? It saves the Design Staff time (as well as members who want to help). I also think it will get a lot of topics faster replies, if the title is more specific.

pandora
post Nov 19 2007, 02:17 PM
Post #6

i did your boyfriend

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 4,071

we do :] your opinion might have mattered at this point if you had posted in the topic in feedback. maybe.

if we're going to help them, they have to help us. it doesnt make sense to have to go into every topic that says "HELP PLEASE" only to find out that you cant help them.

pandora
post Nov 19 2007, 02:29 PM
Post #7

i did your boyfriend

yes thomas, i meant we as a community - not just design staff. my point is we shouldnt have to GUESS what the topic is about. This was already discussed with the entire community in the feedback forum. if you felt that this was an unworthy cause, maybe you should have posted there, instead of rushing in after the new rule has been implemented.

they can always post the topic again with the required information.

and yes. that IS my only argument. if they want us to help them, they have to help us. that's pretty simple.

pandora
post Nov 19 2007, 04:55 PM
Post #8

i did your boyfriend

it seems to be working just fine, because people are reposting their topics with te required information after i've closed their original ones. kthx.

edit:// heres more food for thought:

do you seriously think every single person that posts in the help forums posts topics without the appropriate titles? no. I'd say it's less than a third. so no. we wont be "losing" any help topics. people are also welcomed to just repost the topic after they learn the rules. we arent stopping them from getting help, but we're not just going to help anyone just because they asked, and didnt even bother to read or respect a few simple rules.

Sandraaa
post Nov 20 2007, 03:26 PM
Post #9

Member No: 485,356

Thomas, this pattern saves a lot of time like Trish pointed out. It also helps avoid responding to repetitive topics. The title says it all. If you can put enough effort in asking for help, I don't see why you can't word your title properly. HELP PLEASE!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO?? Come on!

egroz
post Nov 24 2007, 08:56 PM
Post #10

bleh

Group: Member
Member No: 593,872

hey i like these rules. ive notice this go on around lots of forums, it gets annoying.

markmejia
post Nov 25 2007, 05:34 AM
Post #11

Member No: 423,396

Yess. Hopefully they'll catch on.

1angel3
post Nov 25 2007, 03:20 PM
Post #12

Naomi loves you. Y'all may call me NaNa

Member No: 427,774

These are great, I tired of asking can I see the code to show me a screen shot.

FoxLucky
post Dec 12 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #13

So um yeah

Member No: 459,873

QUOTE(1angel3 @ Nov 25 2007, 03:20 PM) *
These are great, I tired of asking can I see the code to show me a screen shot.

Same here, although how many noobs do you think read the rules?

pandora
post Dec 12 2007, 05:15 PM
Post #14

i did your boyfriend

who care? they'll read them after their topics are closed.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: