4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tracker v2!
joronamo888
post Aug 5 2007, 04:10 AM
Post #51

Group: Member
Member No: 544,249

ye all my old view n stuff got erased, i thought it was cause i accidentally deleted my tracker code, but other ppl are complaining so smthing is up. its working now thou but thers things wrong with it, today being the fifth, the chart bar for the 4th was increasing, then later that nite on the 5th, it then started charting a bar on the 5th...wtf. and also its not tracking every single visit i just got a visit then, and it hasnt reported it. and its not that 500 visit rule, sif id get that many hits each day. so ye sort this problem out asap. and iv just realised that most ppl have dynamic ips which means ther ip changes once a week, hence tracking them is a nightmare...

falsetigerlimbs
post Aug 6 2007, 04:16 PM
Post #52

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 330,617

QUOTE(bleiberg @ Aug 5 2007, 02:10 AM) *
and iv just realised that most ppl have dynamic ips which means ther ip changes once a week, hence tracking them is a nightmare...

That's not true, unless all of your friends use AOL. AOL IPs change constantly. Everyone else's should stay static for the most part.

joronamo888
post Aug 10 2007, 11:47 PM
Post #53

Member No: 544,249

nope most ppl use bigpond telstra down here in australia and everyones ip changes, hence tracking them is pointless. this tracker needs some tweaks...

carjac87
post Aug 22 2007, 10:05 AM
Post #54

Member No: 474,867

i kno u said that ur gonna put the code to hide the traker link... but when would that be?
is their anyway of knowing when ur gonna add that?

ladyrevlon
post Aug 24 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #55

Member No: 565,739

is there anyway to have a hidden tracker? whats the point of tracking someone when they see an icon on your page saying they have a tracker. they wont spy on u as much as they want to haha. ;P

elzippygirl
post Aug 25 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #56

Member No: 409,600

alright, I'm confused. I've been using createblog for... oh I don't know. over a year? I'm not sure.

Anyway, up until last night I have had not problems with my tracker being invisible. I've changed my background and used all kinds of code on my page for years now, and I've never once had a problem with the tracker not working.

Last night I was redoing my profile and I accidentally erased my tracker code. So, I went to regrab the code, and realized it wasn't invisible anymore. I deleted the first half that has the pictures. And of course, now my tracker doesn't work.

Is there any way to fix this? Anyone have an old code I can use so I can just switch out my userid?

86nicholas12
post Aug 26 2007, 01:40 PM
Post #57

Member No: 518,039

Do not remove any of the coding for the tracker.

Look at the coding and you will see two areas with width and height sizes make those 0 and it should hide the tracker.

Demimgc
post Sep 17 2007, 01:32 AM
Post #58

Member No: 389,504

Is there any way to use the tracker with the Xanga Theme editor, because my tracker was working perfectly with my Xanga site until I switched to the Themes editor and now it doesn't track anything.

Fleurtashious
post Sep 17 2007, 04:33 PM
Post #59

Member No: 63,840

Okay so I've been using the tracker to use on my myspace account for a long time. When the v2 came out, I switched and it worked like a charm until I accidentally deleted the code and had to put it back on my profile...now it's saying that I am only getting like 1 or 2 hits a day, and even some days 0. I know this is inaccurate, and I've tried to reinstall it, but nothing has changed. I know that I am seriously HTML and all things computer challenged, so forgive me... but can someone help me figure out what has happened or what I am doing wrong??

Fleurtashious
post Sep 17 2007, 04:34 PM
Post #60

Member No: 63,840

QUOTE(elzippygirl @ Aug 25 2007, 12:53 PM) *
alright, I'm confused. I've been using createblog for... oh I don't know. over a year? I'm not sure.

Anyway, up until last night I have had not problems with my tracker being invisible. I've changed my background and used all kinds of code on my page for years now, and I've never once had a problem with the tracker not working.

Last night I was redoing my profile and I accidentally erased my tracker code. So, I went to regrab the code, and realized it wasn't invisible anymore. I deleted the first half that has the pictures. And of course, now my tracker doesn't work.

Is there any way to fix this? Anyone have an old code I can use so I can just switch out my userid?

This is EXACTLY what happened to me!!!

y0urpreci0us
post Oct 2 2007, 10:50 PM
Post #61

Member No: 528,251

QUOTE(Demimgc @ Sep 17 2007, 02:32 AM) *
Is there any way to use the tracker with the Xanga Theme editor, because my tracker was working perfectly with my Xanga site until I switched to the Themes editor and now it doesn't track anything.

I think I'm having the same problem too. I choose one of the Xanga Themes because I'm too lazy to make my own layout right now and I installed the cb xanga tracker correctly but it doesn't track anything.
Does the xanga tracker no longer work or has xanga prohibited it? _unsure.gif

tristanlie
post Oct 7 2007, 12:02 PM
Post #62

Member No: 478,984

Is anybody else having a problem creating a tracker for their LiveJournal. Every time I try to create a tracker for my journal it says the site does not exist ...

*Insurmountable*
post Oct 8 2007, 02:08 PM
Post #63

^Keep in the mind that with the livejournal tracker it only seems to recognize Livejournal accounts using the S1 style system.

og88
post Oct 24 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #64

Member No: 583,494

I pasted the code onto my myspace a couple days ago and i'm pretty sure i did everything right. I've gotten a lot of page views since but the tracker isn't tracking anything. I got the tracker buttons on my page and signed up correctly yet it's not working. i already tried to re-paste the code but it still don't work. can someone help me out here?

another thing how come this site still has their tracker unbanned from myspace but like other sites like spyspace gets frequently banned and they are more low key?

clarity
post Oct 24 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #65

vengeance.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 437,024

^ Because those sites show WHO visited. CB's tracker only shows the IPs that were visited.

og88
post Oct 25 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #66

Member No: 583,494

^ i see. well any advice on getting the code to work? like the registration part i got down like it says "this code will only work for..." and the copy and paste the code directly to my "About Me" and "Blog" sections of my page and a little "CB Tracker" button/image appears in the 2 sections but it's not tracking anything. if anyone is willing to help but just don't wanna post a reply just message me i guess and i can send you link to my page and you can "view source" my code and figure it out if you want.

Demimgc
post Nov 3 2007, 05:44 PM
Post #67

Yeah, well, is there anyone that knows how to get the tracker to work on Xanga, if you're using the themes? Because it would be really great if someone could give me a solution.

dhmommy
post Nov 20 2007, 04:59 PM
Post #68

Member No: 592,857

How do you track myspace blog now?

tessa1121
post Jan 28 2008, 12:15 AM
Post #69

Member No: 615,517

Hi! Can someone help me setup the tracker for friendster? When it asked for the username, what do I put? I tried putting the name that comes w/ the url, you know when you personalize it, but it keeps saying it doesn't exist. If i put the number that comes w/ the url when somebody else look at my profile, it would say "use username not userid". So what exactly do i put? If i put the first name i used in friendster it would give me somebody else's profile.

heyo-captain-jac...
post Feb 3 2008, 10:58 PM
Post #70

/人◕‿‿◕人\

Member No: 602,927

QUOTE(Demimgc @ Sep 17 2007, 12:32 AM) *

not with the themes editor, btw is there any way to switch back? I hate the themes editor.

SharperMyspace
post Feb 4 2008, 09:31 PM
Post #71

Member No: 601,314

I wish it would tell you who the person is, instead of you having to lable them.

But I am glad that it is fixed.

Demimgc
post Aug 23 2008, 09:03 PM
Post #72

Well, I tried to be optimistic about the second version of this tracker, but I haven't checked it in MONTHS. Even today when I thought I'd take a look at it seeing as it's been awhile, there was nothing there and nothing has been tracked and that's just for myspace. I still haven't gotten a satisfactory answer to the whole xanga problem, but apparently it doesn't work with the themes editor so it can't track anything anyway.

I really don't want to say it, but I think I liked the first version of this tracker a lot more because this one has only given me problems. I hope they can be fixed in future versions, if there even are any future versions in the works.

tokyo-rose
post Aug 23 2008, 11:20 PM
Post #73

♡♡♡♡♡

Group: Head Staff
Member No: 108,478

QUOTE(Demimgc @ Aug 23 2008, 10:03 PM) *
Well, I tried to be optimistic about the second version of this tracker, but I haven't checked it in MONTHS. Even today when I thought I'd take a look at it seeing as it's been awhile, there was nothing there and nothing has been tracked and that's just for myspace.

Did you input your MySpace username correctly, and add the code to all the pages you want to track?

Amaranthus
post Sep 1 2008, 07:20 PM
Post #74

Fellatio.

Member No: 511,775

Why is it that evertime I try to track my CB, it says "Site does not exist"?

synatribe
post Sep 1 2008, 07:22 PM
Post #75

AIDS at RAVES.

Member No: 598,878

did you either take out the extra http://www.
or was it that you need to add it? I forget :]

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: