Tracker v2!
micron
post Jul 12 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #1

cb's #1 fan! =)

Group: Advisor
Member No: 1

Tracker v2!
Ok I think most of the bugs have been ironed out for me to be comfortable enough to officially announce the new tracker. Thanks everyone for your patience and support! =)

CB was one of the first websites to provide a tracker - way back during our Xangans.com days - sometime during 2003. Now we undoubtedly have the most powerful tracker once again. Here are the features of the new tracker:

- New and improved user interface
- See where your visitors are coming from
- Unlimited daily and monthly bar graphs
- 30 days of log details (individual hits)
- New measures to prevent hijacking
- In-depth IP information
- Supports all personal sites
- Tracks top visitors, destination and referer pages

If you find any bugs, please post in this topic. I shall get to them as soon as possible! =)

Frequently asked questions
I signed up for the tracker, why doesn't it work?
You need to make sure to place your tracker code on your page for tracker to begin tracking hits. IF you set your profile page to private, only users who are actually able to see your profile page will be tracked. In the future, I'll add support so that the tracker code will fit in Headlines (myspace) so that private pages will be tracked regardless.

I'm trying to sign up but it keeps on telling me that the site is already being tracked, why?
Most likely you signed up for your page using another createblog account. If you can't remember your original createblog account, pm me with the url you wish to track and I can reset this for you.

How do I hide the tracker button?
The tracker button is there to help promote our tracker. It's also there as a privacy precaution - we believe that if you choose to use a tracker, visitors have the right to know they are being tracked. In the future, I'm going to release code for official members to hide their button, so if you wish to take advantage of this feature, give back to the community and contribute! rolleyes.gif

My tracker stops tracking everyday after a while and restarts again the next day, why?
For regular members, the tracker will track only the first 500 hits to your page. After this limit is reached, all other hits are ignored for the day. For official members, this limit is 10x the amount and set at 5000 hits. If you're a regular member, contribute to our community so that you'll be eligible to become an official member. Once you are promoted, PM me and I can increase your daily alloted limit.

My tracker works but the time is all incorrect, why?
Make sure your timezone is correct. Click on 'edit settings' (found on the red panel underneath the daily bar graph) and select the correct timezone. Also make sure your profile page's timezone is also correct.

What is the prevent hi-jacking option?
Enabling this option will make sure that all your hits are coming from your profile page. In another words, even if someone else "steals" your tracker code and inserts it into their page, all their hits will be ignored by your tracker.

Why does everyone come up as "Anonymous"
The tracker only logs the IPs of your visitors. It's your responsibility to "label" these IPs to profiles. A little detective work usually does the trick. For example, if you have a hit at 12:01am and someone leaves you a comment at 12:02am, then most likely the commenter is the visitor. To label IPs, click on the IP (anonymous) and then "identify IP".

lisad8238
post Jul 13 2007, 12:09 AM
Post #2

Group: Member
Member No: 543,694

I didn't know where to post, so if I'm posting in the wrong forums, please let me know...

I have the CreateBlog's Myspace profile tracker, and I have a question about it. When you click to view who has been to your site, it gives a list of people. Then when you Click on one of the names, it shows another list of people. Is that a list of people the person has been to aswell, or just people in their friends that viewed my profile?

I'm hoping this question makes sense, I don't really know another way to explain it?

--Topic merged with Tracker v2 Announcement.

This post has been edited by superstitious: Jul 13 2007, 07:20 AM
Reason for edit: merged with Announcement topic

YourSuperior
post Jul 13 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #3

;)

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 99,124

I think it's just people that have visited your site too.

naturesearthchil...
post Jul 14 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #4

wooot wooot!!!

Member No: 518,807

I have a quick question. I put the tracker code on my page and went to it a couple of times to make sure it's working. It's logging me as living in Florida. I don't live in Flordia. Did I do something wrong when signing up for it or is it just a bug that will work itself out?

naturesearthchil...
post Jul 14 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #5

wooot wooot!!!

Sorry. Posted in the wrong forum.

naturesearthchil...
post Jul 14 2007, 06:14 PM
Post #6

wooot wooot!!!

Thanks! I always get confused about what should go where. lol. I'll eventually get the hang of it.

shomazta
post Jul 14 2007, 07:47 PM
Post #7

Member No: 514,315

aww man :( I gotta have like 1000+ posts just to use tracker v2 :(

queen
post Jul 15 2007, 10:28 AM
Post #8

‹(. .)›

Group: Official Member
Member No: 20,089

i still don't support the identifying IPs option. it's basically a clever way around the TOS. and i don't appreciate being 'identified' either.

nas
post Jul 15 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #9

samurai champloo!

Member No: 2

Haha, hey Ju Sun. Is this what you and Christian were umm.. discussing? Esp. that last post there huh.. Hope you're well, maybe I can visit Christian soon and play Mafia or something. Sorry for the personal post. tongue.gif

Relentless
post Jul 15 2007, 10:08 PM
Post #10

sang loves hayden.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 5,687

Awesome tracker. Works great. (=

meanapier
post Jul 16 2007, 01:46 AM
Post #11

Member No: 545,555

I'm not sure if I am doing this right.. So I'm sorry if not. I have a few questions about the tracker. What are the unique visitors? Why do they all say anonymous? I know we have the option to try to identify the IP address but how do we do that? They all say they are from some other state or some other town. Any advice or help that anyone can give me would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

micron
post Jul 16 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #12

cb's #1 fan! =)

Group: Advisor
Member No: 1

QUOTE(ThomasC @ Jul 12 2007, 08:26 PM) *
Friendster isn't supported for the identify tracker option.

In the future are you planning on letting cb pages be identified for the tracker? Since most people that use the cb tracker, are cb members.

friendster is now supported by the tracker. cheers! =)

QUOTE(lisad8238 @ Jul 13 2007, 01:09 AM) *
...When you click to view who has been to your site, it gives a list of people. Then when you Click on one of the names, it shows another list of people. Is that a list of people the person has been to aswell, or just people in their friends that viewed my profile?

I'm hoping this question makes sense, I don't really know another way to explain it?

--Topic merged with Tracker v2 Announcement.

if you click on an ip, you can see all the sites that particular ip visited (thats also being tracked by the tracker).

QUOTE(inyourfaceemma @ Jul 14 2007, 06:26 PM) *
I have a quick question. I put the tracker code on my page and went to it a couple of times to make sure it's working. It's logging me as living in Florida. I don't live in Flordia. Did I do something wrong when signing up for it or is it just a bug that will work itself out?

the geolocation is not 100% accurate. there are certain ISPs that isnt support, like AOL and MSN TV.

QUOTE(shomazta @ Jul 14 2007, 08:47 PM) *
aww man :( I gotta have like 1000+ posts just to use tracker v2 :(

nope not at all. with regular accounts, you can track up to 2 sites, with each site logging up to 500 hits per day.

QUOTE(nas @ Jul 15 2007, 03:12 PM) *
Haha, hey Ju Sun. Is this what you and Christian were umm.. discussing? Esp. that last post there huh.. Hope you're well, maybe I can visit Christian soon and play Mafia or something. Sorry for the personal post. tongue.gif

heyy long time! come visit us (Christian and I)! =)

QUOTE(meanapier @ Jul 16 2007, 02:46 AM) *
I'm not sure if I am doing this right.. So I'm sorry if not. I have a few questions about the tracker. What are the unique visitors? Why do they all say anonymous? I know we have the option to try to identify the IP address but how do we do that? They all say they are from some other state or some other town. Any advice or help that anyone can give me would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

unique visitors are people that actually went to your site. for example, say there are 10 people who visited your site. of these 10 people, 5 of them visited two times. your unique visitors will still be 10, but your page views will be 5 + 5 x 2, which is 15. get it?

also, the ips are anonymous until you "identify" them. this is entirely your responsibility, as the tracker only tracks the IP. =)

mynameisntdevin
post Jul 16 2007, 09:18 PM
Post #13

Member No: 546,078

ok i dont this thing. all it shows is the ip adress and the only link it gives is a link to my myspace. im working on a mac. i want to actually go to the persons site who viewed my profile. is this tracker supposed to do that?

joronamo888
post Jul 17 2007, 06:11 AM
Post #14

Member No: 544,249

hey i was just wondering, i accidentally identified an Ip incorrectly and was wondering hw i get it back to anonymous because i dont know whose Ip it belongs to so ye just wondering if u can cancel the ID on a n IP if its incorrect. also i was wondering if u fix the issue wer u can track ppl who reply to ur comments thru the comment back link instead of actually visiting ur profile to reply. and also another fix if u could make it sothe tracker ignores you visiting ur own profile cause its easier to view ur log without urself viewing ur own profile a million times :P.

hospitalhorror
post Jul 17 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #15

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 484,050

My tracker keeps saying that I'm from Florida, but I'm nowhere near Florida. Why is this?

sweeetanj
post Jul 17 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #16

Member No: 547,288

Any idea how to tell the difference between who's read my blog and who's visited my profile? I'm on MySpace...

joronamo888
post Jul 17 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #17

hey thomasc thanks for reply. i fixed the tracker settings so it wont track my own ip. but with regards to undoing an id on an ip, i hv no idea whose ip it is cause he/she never comments me. but ther must be a way to undo an id because its such a basic command. does anyone else know???????i hope the tracker master releases patches for this software cause it is easily the best tracker out ther. also could you please make it so the ttracker button is hidden on my profile. i dont want ppl seeing i track them, theyll think im a low-life weirdo lol. its a tracker not a profile layout generator, this is sneaky stuff and shudnt be advertised. i think its better if less ppl know about this tracker. after all its a non-profit service.

joronamo888
post Jul 18 2007, 04:47 AM
Post #18

ne1?

Greeneyed6541
post Jul 18 2007, 09:11 AM
Post #19

Member No: 440,705

Not sure if we're still supposed to click the link in red -- it's there, so I assumed so -- but I've clicked it every now and then the past couple days and I've always gotten the same response.
Busy Server

Please try again later, logs will be resumed once this step is finished.
If this error persists, please report in the feedback forum.

Or is this something I just need to wait out?

Racharnold78
post Jul 18 2007, 09:38 AM
Post #20

Member No: 441,844

I am having problems with my Blogger tracker. It's not tracking. I put it in, and nothing shows up for visitors. Anyone give me an idea? I didn't have a problem before the upgrade.

Racharnold78
post Jul 18 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #21

QUOTE(ThomasC @ Jul 18 2007, 11:13 AM) *
What is your link to your blogger?

Here you go
Let me know if there is any other info you need biggrin.gif

Racharnold78
post Jul 18 2007, 09:22 PM
Post #22

QUOTE(Racharnold78 @ Jul 18 2007, 01:34 PM) *
Here you go let me know if there is any other info you need biggrin.gif

I am still needing some help here. TIA

Racharnold78
post Jul 18 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(ThomasC @ Jul 18 2007, 08:40 PM) *
Racharnold78,

Did you set up your tracker correctly, with the correct username, and such

It looks like it. It is under the right account for the right blog.
It is still stumping me.

Racharnold78
post Jul 18 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #24

Well I just redid the code, and it is still not tracking.

Do you now of a better place in the forum to get some help? Is anyone else having problems with this?
I am going a little bonkers here. blink.gif

Racharnold78
post Jul 18 2007, 10:18 PM
Post #25

nothing showed up sad.gif

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: