Reply to this topicStart new topic
some advice puhlease? ):, boyfriend troubles
sharpandcuddly
post Dec 14 2005, 08:28 PM
Post #1

can't touch this

Group: Member
Member No: 323,184

Okay, here's the deal. I've been with a guy for about 11 months, which is such a record for me, and he's super sweet and everything, but wayyy too clingy. It's nice having someone to want you, but I've been noticing a lot of other guys now, and i've been noticing them noticing me too... I'm afraid of hurting this boy, but my interests are changing, and he seems like the type who would die if I left.
What do I do?

*iNyCxShoRT*
post Dec 14 2005, 08:31 PM
Post #2

Wait; so you want to break up with him? Well. Think about it, this guy is super sweet, 11 months would go to waste. One thing I'll always remember is never leave the one you love for the one you like. Keep that in mind, give it some time. It might be something you'll regret later on.

pinayprincess
post Dec 14 2005, 09:18 PM
Post #3

Member No: 81,808

well it seems like your getting bored with your relationship... honestly, you dont wanna tell him straight up that u wish he wasnt clingy.. i guess the best thing you can do is tell him to just chill out... DONT BREAK UP WITH THIS DUDE THOUGH... he seems cool; you dont wanna loose that kinda a guy

xmkaex
post Dec 14 2005, 09:30 PM
Post #4

Member No: 146,564

11 months is a long time. if both of you guys have a good relationship, u should tell him whats on ur mind and he should understand.

_sarcastic_
post Dec 14 2005, 09:57 PM
Post #5

<3

Member No: 64,493

11 months.. that's nearly a year. you shouldn't give up on such a good guy, it's hard to find guys like that. just tell him that he's a little to clingy, he'll understand. just wait for awhile if you're positive that you don't have feelings for him anymore then just break it off don't lead him on, that'd just hurt him more

Chii
post Dec 14 2005, 10:42 PM
Post #6

dakishimetainoni...

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 75,318

i'm sorry but 11 months is not that long. if you get married, 11 months is nothing.

if you think he's too clingy then tell him that he's too clingy. you're not being very fair to him, leaving him in the dark about things like this stubborn.gif

misoshiru
post Dec 15 2005, 05:28 AM
Post #7

yan lin♥

Member No: 13,627

talk to him about it. and like chii said, in truth, 11 months aren't that long.

Tribal J_Rome
post Dec 15 2005, 06:09 AM
Post #8

wut wut in the butt?

Group: Human
Member No: 227,723

QUOTE(Chii @ Dec 14 2005, 8:42 PM)
i'm sorry but 11 months is not that long. if you get married, 11 months is nothing.

if you think he's too clingy then tell him that he's too clingy. you're not being very fair to him, leaving him in the dark about things like this stubborn.gif

ur right about the telling him the truth part, but a teenage relationship isn't the same thing as marriage, they are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy different. and so is 11 months in either one.

but yah.....if u still love the guy, you shouldn't leave him just cuz ur attracted to some other guys. he might have/probably been attracted to other girls, but he's still with u._smile.gif you should try talking to him first.

NgocQuyen
post Dec 15 2005, 10:09 AM
Post #9

c[:

Member No: 2,876

hmm...do you love him? i never got that out of your statement clearly...i mean if you feel like you love him then just wait it out, but apparently (if you say you love him) you obviously don't because you're "noticing" other guys right? i mean i can't tell you how you're feeling or what not because if can be exactly as iNyCxShoRT said...i mean if you "love" him then stick with him, just talk to him about your issues. he might not know he's being too clingy. or theres always the fact that he's not being clingy and you just think he's being clingy because you're getting tired of him. ask yourself some questions... wink.gif

mzbbc
post Dec 15 2005, 10:41 AM
Post #10

you`re undeniable

Member No: 283,828

think about what type of relationship you two have. is it something you really want to end for some guy you just noticed?

if he's clingy then tell him that.

Rocker_Pixie_88
post Dec 15 2005, 10:57 AM
Post #11

Member No: 316,686

I HAVE BEEN GOING OUT WITH MY BOYFRIEND FOR 1 1/2 WEEKS AND HE ALREADY WANTS ME TO MOVE IN WITH HIM....WHAT ADVICE CAN YOU GIVE ME?????

mzbbc
post Dec 15 2005, 10:59 AM
Post #12

you`re undeniable

Member No: 283,828

^make a new topic. _smile.gif

but to answer your question here, say NO.

sharpandcuddly
post Dec 15 2005, 03:56 PM
Post #13

can't touch this

Member No: 323,184

thanks guys! <33 i guess ill just see how things work out. its prolly just a little infatuation, no biggy.
and yea, I do love him.

hulagurlie413
post Dec 15 2005, 09:30 PM
Post #14

hulagurlie413

Member No: 259,963

QUOTE(iNyCxShoRT @ Dec 14 2005, 9:31 PM)
Wait; so you want to break up with him? Well. Think about it, this guy is super sweet, 11 months would go to waste. One thing I'll always remember is never leave the one you love for the one you like. Keep that in mind, give it some time. It might be something you'll regret later on.

that's very true. last year i started dating my [current] bf a little over a year ago when i met this really hot italian guy sometime last december, through one of my friends and i was thinking of maybe leaving my bf for him, but in the end, i realized that i really love my bf. _smile.gif

LiLCUTiEFR0MDAYA...
post Dec 17 2005, 11:28 PM
Post #15

HIS PRINCESS & HIS BABYGURL

Member No: 308,547

heres a personal expierence..all of u listen and learn?

i had a bf who treated me (and still does like a princess). he was the best. but there was this boy.. he liked me a lot and i dont like rejecteding peopl. so we talked and one day without tellin me he says im outside (its 1in the morning by the way). and im like what? hes like come outside so i do thinkin nothin would happen and we ended up making out ( at the time my bf and i broke up for a few days) and then i felt bad. 2nd nite i snuck out again and the cop caught us and i got in trouble and confessed to my one and only. we both cried and i was sorry. i regret it it was so not worth it. but that was months ago and our anniversary is coming up and we're happy. i love him and always had and our anniversary is in 3 days from now. biggrin.gif

Chii
post Dec 18 2005, 12:00 AM
Post #16

dakishimetainoni...

Member No: 75,318

QUOTE(Tribal J_Rome @ Dec 15 2005, 6:09 AM)
ur right about the telling him the truth part, but a teenage relationship isn't the same thing as marriage, they are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy different. and so is 11 months in either one.

but yah.....if u still love the guy, you shouldn't leave him just cuz ur attracted to some other guys. he might have/probably been attracted to other girls, but he's still with u._smile.gif you should try talking to him first.

well, in case you're unaware, a relationship can turn into marriage and that's the real point of dating. not to just d**k around or to just have fun.

if you're going to be like "hmm it's been 11 months, i kind of want someone else but let me stick with this person because after all it's 11 months." then it turns into a year, then 3 years. you still love this person i suppose but your mind and heart want to wander elsewhere and see the world but hey, 3 years is a long time. then boom it's 5 years and since it's 5 years you should take the next step and get married. another year passes and you have a baby. then like 40 years pass and you have nothing to tell your grandchildren because you've been stuck with that person. then you wish you could have seen what it would have been like with those other people you wanted to be with but nope, you're stuck because of those 11 months. good work thumbsup.gif

Paradox of Life
post Dec 18 2005, 01:04 PM
Post #17

My name's Katt. Nice to meet you!

Member No: 93,674

Give it time. Eventually, he won't be so clingy. If he still doesn't change, break it to him softly and set some rules and boundaries. Tell him if he really cared about you, he'd listen to what you were saying and try to compromise.

topsyturvy
post Dec 18 2005, 08:15 PM
Post #18

naïvety

Group: Human
Member No: 488

QUOTE(sharpandcuddly @ Dec 16 2005, 3:56 AM)
and yea, I do love him.

Great, then stay with him and forget everyone else.

Babi3xFoOlish
post Dec 19 2005, 07:37 PM
Post #19

Member No: 324,352

in life, u cant always make everyone happy.
think for ur own happiness, though its gonna cost others.

HybridCountdown5
post Dec 27 2005, 01:23 AM
Post #20

Infinite's End

Member No: 193,597

do what YOU want, if you wanna chill with those other boys go for it! if you'd be fine with letting that boy get profoundly depressed or "die" then by all means!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: