Resource Center Links

This Month's Contests | Hosts Looking for Hostees | Hostees looking for Hosts | Big Book of Resources

Submission Guidelines

Reply to this topicStart new topic
i got a real request!
Smarmosaur
post Dec 28 2008, 12:34 AM
Post #1

AKA RockIt Studios

Group: Official Member
Member No: 421,809

so i'm just sitting here minding my own business, entering a contest, and i go to check my mail and BAM! i got a real request to design a div overlay for some organization's website.
i have no idea what to do. this is a good opportunity for me, and my first design for anybody else. what do i ask first? what are some questions i should ask? how can i be professional without being too uptight? i'm so freaking out right now. ermm.gif

technicolour
post Dec 28 2008, 12:45 AM
Post #2

show me a garden thats bursting to life

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 115,987

Ask for their ideas. Find out what they want first. If they are vague in answering what exactly they want, ask questions. Colors, font selections, alignment, size, etc etc. If they are not sure exactly, try and find examples if possible illustrating different things you can do and what is possible.

manny-the-dino
post Dec 28 2008, 05:20 PM
Post #3

Group: Administrator
Member No: 498,468

Yay! Congrats! I know you'll do fine. Make sure to post the layout when you're done so we can see. happy.gif

As far as your questions, I'd do what Kristina suggested. If they're still unsure, show them what you've done in the past so maybe they'll get ideas.

Smarmosaur
post Dec 28 2008, 10:15 PM
Post #4

AKA RockIt Studios

wow. he was actually really prepared to tell what he wants. he said to design it after my website, and he included a quick little image of what he sort of wanted. we've e-mailed a couple times today and he's really easy to work with. thanks you two, if you wouldn't have responded i probably would have just been like "what do you want?"
i'm really excited. =D

one thing, though. how should i send files and such so it's easy for him to upload? or do i ask him permission to his whatever he's using?

technicolour
post Dec 28 2008, 11:15 PM
Post #5

show me a garden thats bursting to life

Member No: 115,987

Find out whatever is easier. If it's easier for him to input things, then send the files to him. If he will let you access to the site, then you go ahead and do it.

Find out what type of files would work best for him.

Mikeplyts
post Dec 29 2008, 11:32 AM
Post #6

Mel Blanc was allergic to carrots.

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 676,291

You could also put the files into .zip file then upload it to your own site. After that, give him a link to your .zip file and it will ask him if he wants to open or save it. :)

digitalfragrance
post Dec 29 2008, 03:28 PM
Post #7

Adobe Addict

Member No: 113,043

Congratulations!
What kind of style is he going for?

Smarmosaur
post Dec 31 2008, 12:26 AM
Post #8

AKA RockIt Studios

he wants it like mine, but obviously different. there are going to be owls instead of the tree and so on...but same layout, etc.

what i have so far: http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php...=215229&hl=

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: