I want to buy createblog.com
none345678
post Aug 3 2010, 03:07 PM
Post #26

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

Group: People Staff
Member No: 596,480

QUOTE(mipadi @ Aug 3 2010, 12:35 PM) *
I think you best bet would be to get something up and running on a different domain (hell, I'd even lend a hand with writing the web app component of it). Once you have something cool built, see if you could buy the domain createblog.com from him and redirect the traffic to your new site.

I'd say this is your best shot, and I am sure you will find a few people who would gladly be of help. That or like Juna said spill your guts, because the people who are here now have been on here for quite sometime and want to know what's going to go down.

Tomates
post Aug 3 2010, 03:42 PM
Post #27

poison

Group: Official Member
Member No: 629,020

QUOTE(ArjunaCapulong @ Aug 3 2010, 02:08 PM) *
didn't tung beg cb for money and food once
LJ, as you can see, although createblog.com, as a resource, may not be what it was 3 years ago, the community has always been closely-knit and doesn't take to random veterans returning from 2 year hiatuses trying to take over cB very well.

I understand why you wouldn't want to tell anyone your new "business plan," but if you really get anywhere near purchasing createBlog, I don't think there's anyway you'll get the community to participate and help you unless you spill your new site model. Otherwise, if you want no attachments with the community, like people have said before, might as well just start a new website.

goneagain
post Aug 3 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #28

Group: Human
Member No: 762,696

Okay sorry guys I didn't explain more, I will try again.

I don't want to spill out my plans because if someone else
were to see them, they might steal my ideas and buy Createblog from Jusun.
(It happened before).

On the font page CB say's this:

"CreateBlog.com is a resource website run by webmasters, web designers, and web developers. We are a community effort made possible by people like you who contribute"

Lets build around that and create a whole new home & community for Webmasters, Web Designers, and Web devolopers and also Social Media. Because
Social Media is getting even bigger on the web, it's a good idea to take advantage of that. We would still have a place for Myspace, (You know they've launce Myspace 3.0 already?) and the others we've had (Maybe not all of them) and throw in something new.

If that doesn't explain much then ill try again. I want everybody to not be afraid of what would happen to CB if I bought it.

Also I got the information about how long it'll last by Whois. Createblog was updated on 2008 and it'll expire in 2014.

You guys really think creating a whole new website is better then buying CB? I would do that with over half a million I was gonna buy CB with. ( CB will be a very expensive to buy ) We can start talking soon if thats the case.

@ArjunaCapulong I know, I seem like some stranger but I promise ill be a good admin. I also been on CB since 2005 and left in late 2007 due to finding the love of my life. So I only missed 4 years?

Anymore questions please ask.

Simba
post Aug 3 2010, 08:59 PM
Post #29

Photoartist

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 399,390

QUOTE(kawohi @ Aug 3 2010, 09:37 PM) *
@ArjunaCapulong I know, I seem like some stranger but I promise ill be a good admin. I also been on CB since 2005 and left in late 2007 due to finding the love of my life. So I only missed 4 years?
Nothing personal, but the last person who said they'd be a good admin deleted the entire website, and Jusun had to come back and restore everything. Which is why admins have virtually no power now.

Four years is a lot.

How old are you?

sixfive
post Aug 3 2010, 09:08 PM
Post #30

Member No: 653,768

that will solve everything lets do it guys

Simba
post Aug 3 2010, 09:10 PM
Post #31

Photoartist

how the f*ck do i have 12,000 posts, disgusting.

goneagain
post Aug 3 2010, 09:34 PM
Post #32

QUOTE(ArjunaCapulong @ Aug 3 2010, 08:59 PM) *
Nothing personal, but the last person who said they'd be a good admin deleted the entire website, and Jusun had to come back and restore everything. Which is why admins have virtually no power now.

Four years is a lot.

How old are you?

Oh wow, did they really? Can you tell me everything that happen?

Simba
post Aug 3 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #33

Photoartist

QUOTE(kawohi @ Aug 3 2010, 10:34 PM) *
Oh wow, did they really? Can you tell me everything that happen?

http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=190408

queen
post Aug 3 2010, 10:07 PM
Post #34

‹(. .)›

Member No: 20,089

lj as in long?

schizo
post Aug 3 2010, 11:02 PM
Post #35

Member No: 506,205

I think it would be silly to have someone "new" take over the site. If you didn't know about the Suzzette thing, you probably don't know a lot of other stuff you should probably know about the site. Even people who have only been here for a couple months probably understand what this site needs more.

But the idea of this site being taken over at all is silly, so why even think further? I have a hard time believing that someone serious about shelling out half a million dollars to purchase this site would post a topic about it...or that a nineteen-year-old would even have $500k in the first place. Are you Oprah's secret son or something? You can tell us. We won't blow your cover.

goneagain
post Aug 3 2010, 11:25 PM
Post #36

Schizo, you was a tough mod if you was the Schzio I remembered. I wasn't planning on spending that much on CB but CB is worth that much, I would like to spend that on buying CB and buying the new features I had in mind.

I pull in about 25 clients a week for web design. $25 per hour and some even more. I also charge $50 when clients that want mobile apps or advance programming. (A lot of clients do!) So I make a pretty good living off the web biggrin.gif

So half a million is A LOT still, not saying its not. But with all of the new services thats been coming out, and the new Mybb 1.3 forum ill dedicate a lot of money on it.

If a total new website is what we should have, then let's do it. But I know the members that love CB probably wouldn't even go. So why not give it a chance to help clean CB up?

Has anybody found a way to contact him?

sixfive
post Aug 3 2010, 11:31 PM
Post #37

hate when people spell it as "alot" instead of "a lot"

goneagain
post Aug 3 2010, 11:36 PM
Post #38

QUOTE(serotonin @ Aug 3 2010, 11:31 PM) *
hate when people spell it as "alot" instead of "a lot"

Sorry about that, fixed.

synapse
post Aug 3 2010, 11:38 PM
Post #39

Live long and prosper.

Member No: 514,926

You're going to need to go to jusun with an offer that he can't refuse. He probably makes more revenue from the site than you'd offer to buy it for. So, why would he sell if he's making money off the site?

Tomates
post Aug 4 2010, 12:00 AM
Post #40

poison

Member No: 629,020

QUOTE(kawohi @ Aug 3 2010, 09:37 PM) *
Okay sorry guys I didn't explain more, I will try again.

I don't want to spill out my plans because if someone else
were to see them, they might steal my ideas and buy Createblog from Jusun.

(It happened before).

On the font page CB say's this:

"CreateBlog.com is a resource website run by webmasters, web designers, and web developers. We are a community effort made possible by people like you who contribute"

Lets build around that and create a whole new home & community for Webmasters, Web Designers, and Web devolopers and also Social Media. Because
Social Media is getting even bigger on the web, it's a good idea to take advantage of that. We would still have a place for Myspace, (You know they've launce Myspace 3.0 already?) and the others we've had (Maybe not all of them) and throw in something new.

If that doesn't explain much then ill try again. I want everybody to not be afraid of what would happen to CB if I bought it.

Also I got the information about how long it'll last by Whois. Createblog was updated on 2008 and it'll expire in 2014.
You guys really think creating a whole new website is better then buying CB? I would do that with over half a million I was gonna buy CB with. ( CB will be a very expensive to buy ) We can start talking soon if thats the case.

1. I don't know Jusun as well as most of the members here but I do know that he isn't willing to give his site to some stranger whether they have "big plans" or not.
2. Whats wrong with what we have now? Sure the popularity in Xanga and Myspace have gone down but there's always been talk about adding tumblr layouts and other stuff. I don't see why we would have to make it all new again.
3. We're not afraid of you buying it. We all just think its pointless if you do.
4. I don't think anyone really knows you or remembers you from before. Missing 4 years on createblog is a lot with all the drama that tends to happen here.

QUOTE(kawohi @ Aug 4 2010, 12:25 AM) *
Schizo, you was a tough mod if you was the Schzio I remembered. I wasn't planning on spending that much on CB but CB is worth that much, I would like to spend that on buying CB and buying the new features I had in mind.
I pull in about 25 clients a week for web design. $25 per hour and some even more. I also charge $50 when clients that want mobile apps or advance programming. (A lot of clients do!) So I make a pretty good living off the web biggrin.gif

So half a million is A LOT still, not saying its not. But with all of the new services thats been coming out, and the new Mybb 1.3 forum ill dedicate a lot of money on it.

If a total new website is what we should have, then let's do it. But I know the members that love CB probably wouldn't even go. So why not give it a chance to help clean CB up?

Has anybody found a way to contact him?

Stick to your day job.

I guess I don't understand why you want to buy createblog. I mean you join and then leave and then comeback automatically saying how you want to buy createblog. I mean I don't get it. What are you looking for that you think buying cB would give you?

sixfive
post Aug 4 2010, 12:57 AM
Post #41

^what a bitch

goneagain
post Aug 4 2010, 01:06 AM
Post #42

I didn't had a choice to leave, I was inlove (And thanks to that I have a fiancée and a 17 month old son . So it's not like I left on purpose.

And I didn't say I wanna buy it because I have 'Big Plans'. I wanna buy it because I don't want to see it die. I do have ideas though. ... and its not adding tumblr themes.... Why would we do that when Tumblr has it's own Tumblr Garden?

I already know no one remembers me.

sixfive
post Aug 4 2010, 01:21 AM
Post #43

what the f*ck that's so irresponsible of you to have a kid so young and not even be married how the f*ck can you afford a website like this i don't even believe what you say about your "business" or so called money making scheme you liar

goneagain
post Aug 4 2010, 01:23 AM
Post #44

QUOTE(serotonin @ Aug 4 2010, 01:21 AM) *
what the f*ck that's so irresponsible of you to have a kid so young and not even be married how the f*ck can you afford a website like this i don't even believe what you say about your "business" or so called money making scheme you liar

Haha wow, i'm not lying. i'm SERIOUS about this.

sixfive
post Aug 4 2010, 01:29 AM
Post #45

prove it you irresponsible scumbag. we dont need people not taking care of their kids. if you wanted to be business-active, you should have aborted

Simba
post Aug 4 2010, 01:36 AM
Post #46

Photoartist

lol here we go

none345678
post Aug 4 2010, 01:37 AM
Post #47

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

oh for f*ck sake, Steven. lmao

I really don't think Jusun is going to give it up, this site practically prints money while he doesn't do shit. And if you were to make another site that caters to beginning graphic designers ect. you will eventually gain a good community, and it isn't too unlikely that the younger members/people who participate in the design aspect of CB won't come over.

idk the odds just seem to be against you, bro.

goneagain
post Aug 4 2010, 01:38 AM
Post #48

f*ck it, close the thread. I changed my mind. Calling me that shit was to much. I see why CB has died. Good Bye.

iRapediCarly
post Aug 4 2010, 01:38 AM
Post #49

Member No: 745,302

rofl, trolled hard, if you changed your mind that fast, i doubt you really gave a shit about this place, but as if anyone does

none345678
post Aug 4 2010, 01:40 AM
Post #50

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

This is why we don't have nice things.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: