Reply to this topicStart new topic
Student Murdered at Yale
batman
post Sep 15 2009, 02:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 696,018

Is there a topic yet?

This is so disturbing and sad. She went missing a few days before her wedding and then her body was found in a wall in one of the labs at Yale.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/sep/1...lice-technician
US police are investigating a laboratory technician over the murder of the Yale University graduate student Annie Le, whose body was found inside a wall on Sunday. No arrest has yet been made.

Police in New Haven have said definitively that no suspect is in custody and no students are suspected in the murder. But in an effort to allay public fears on the urban campus, police have said the killing was not a "random act".

Investigators have focused on a laboratory technician who failed a polygraph test and had defensive wounds on his body, New Haven news organisations reported, citing anonymous police sources. A New Haven police spokesman this morning batted down media reports that police expect soon to make an arrest in the slaying. Officer Joe Avery declined to comment further.

Investigators are examining bloody clothes found hidden in a ceiling in the building. They have determined the clothes did not belong to Le, but hope to learn whether they had been worn by the suspect.

A spokeswoman for the chief state medical examiner's office in Connecticut told the Associated Press that the cause of Le's death, which was ruled as homicide, would be released after 3pm today. The office had been withholding its report to assist the police investigation.

In a case that has horrified the community at one of America's most prestigious universities, the bloodied, battered body of the 24-year-old pharmacology student was discovered crammed in a utility shaft in a heavily secured research building on the campus on the day she was to be married.

Le went missing last Tuesday morning, having left her wallet, keys and purse in her office in a medical school building about a mile from Yale's main campus. She was filmed by surveillance cameras during her final walk to the facility where her body was found on Sunday.

Access to the basement laboratory where Le's body was found is tightly controlled and workers there are required to swipe ID cards to gain entry, limiting the pool of potential suspects, the Yale president, Richard Levin, told medical school staff and students yesterday. The pavement outside the building is closely monitored by surveillance cameras.

Le was to be married to Jonathan Widawsky, a 24-year-old physics student at Columbia University in New York. The couple met as undergraduates at the University of Rochester in western New York state. Le was from California. Widawsky is not suspected in the slaying.

"She was generous, honest, caring and the list just keeps going," Le's roommate Natalie Powers said. "She was tougher than you'd think by just looking at her."

karmakiller
post Sep 15 2009, 02:26 PM
Post #2

DDR \\ I'm Dee :)

Group: Mentor
Member No: 384,020

I've been following this story, and simply put it's really f*cked up. I think they have a good chance of getting the person who did this... even though they're saying someone planned this, the person overlooked some details (like putting the body in an area where not just anyone can gain access to). What a terrible time for this to happen, too. I can't imagine what her fiance is going through, I mean.. damn the day you're to be married to her they find her.

creole
post Sep 15 2009, 02:50 PM
Post #3

Member No: 676,364

i hope the killer didn't rape her.... may her family and her fiance live a healthy life....

..... i hate these type of situations...... it sucks so bad..... why do people have to kill each other? ....

brooklyneast05
post Sep 15 2009, 02:53 PM
Post #4

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

this is so messed up. i try to go out of my way to NOT keep up with this story, but it's everywhere. i always turn the channel when it comes on on the news cause it just makes me feel weird and creeped out. we talked about it in class the other day and i wanted to leave.

MESSSSSSED UPPPPPPPP

creole
post Sep 15 2009, 03:04 PM
Post #5

Member No: 676,364

she looks so innocent... :'(

*Janette*
post Sep 15 2009, 07:24 PM
Post #6

I've sort of been following this story and in a wall at the school is the last place I would have expected. sad.gif

treschicgeek
post Sep 17 2009, 09:24 AM
Post #7

Sup. I'm Deb =]

Group: Human
Member No: 68,227

They just arrested someone this morning named Raymond Clark and charged him with her murder. His bail is set at $3 million.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/17/yale.s...t.le/index.html

datass
post Sep 17 2009, 10:05 AM
Post #8

(′ ・ω・`)

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 72,477

she was found on the day of her supposed wedding. that alone is sad enough sad.gif

smash
post Sep 18 2009, 12:21 AM
Post #9

f your couch

Group: Official Member
Member No: 491,301

this situation is horrible. the weekend before her wedding. how f-ed up is that??? and some nut job PUT HER IN A WALL. i don't think it's wise to open up the lab quite so soon. i mean there could be evidence still around there and now they've got people walking all through what could have been the crime scene. i just hope her family finds peace and comfort once this is over.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: