Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
A twist on mac vs. pc
Maccabee
post Aug 1 2009, 02:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 593,382

The mac vs. pc war will flame on forever but everywhere that i have seen this debate i have never seen intelligent people debating. Mainly because intelligent people know that it is a stupid debate. But I want to hear some valid reasons why you think mac is better then pc or vise versa. But really in the end it all comes down to opinion.

ill go first.

First let me state that I am not a fanboy. I love mac and pc and linux boxes. I personally think that as a whole, mac is the best. I think mac's are so reliable because apple has only a small selection of hardware that they use with their software... so since there arent a million different versions of the computer you know that the hardware and software are compatible together because they go through thorough tests testing only that hardware with that software. And their advertising is probably their strongest point. Pretty much everything they do is genius and they have amazing ways of raking in the cash. And im gonna leave viruses out of this because macs will start to get viruses soon and well... I have common sense. I have never gotten a virus even when I didnt have any antivirus for many years. And microsoft has made so many poor choices! most of microsofts customers dont care about how the hardware or the software of their computer works. They just work. And even though it is a stereotype pc's are used more for work and there is nothing wrong with that. And now they are coming along and making software that looks pretty but comanies dont carw about pretty so they continue using a xp and vista dies hard. Why didnt they just make more service packs?!

Well thats my 2 cents. Tell us why you think microsoft is failing or vise versa.

brooklyneast05
post Aug 1 2009, 02:12 PM
Post #2

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

have you even owned a mac _unsure.gif

Maccabee
post Aug 1 2009, 02:14 PM
Post #3

Nope. But I work with them. And around them. I know everything there is to know.

brooklyneast05
post Aug 1 2009, 02:15 PM
Post #4

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

QUOTE(jcp @ Aug 1 2009, 02:14 PM) *
I know everything there is to know.

laugh.gif

Mikeplyts
post Aug 1 2009, 05:48 PM
Post #5

Mel Blanc was allergic to carrots.

Member No: 676,291

So you're saying I'm intelligent if I don't bother with this debate?

*exits happily*

hypnotique
post Aug 1 2009, 06:06 PM
Post #6

Live long and prosper.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 478,024

Arent you like big into "Desktop Modding"..?

Maccabee
post Aug 1 2009, 11:58 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(hypnotique @ Aug 1 2009, 06:06 PM) *
Arent you like big into "Desktop Modding"..?

No.
QUOTE(Mikeplyts @ Aug 1 2009, 05:48 PM) *
So you're saying I'm intelligent if I don't bother with this debate?
*exits happily*

No.

nxcxlx
post Aug 14 2009, 01:18 AM
Post #8

Group: Member
Member No: 742,125

I have never owned a Mac, however I do have a very, very nerdy boyfriend lol.
and from what I know, I would love to have a Mac over a PC any day. their interface is just more sleek and professional and sure some people don't like it, but that's because they have never owned one and aren't really warmed up to it.
Macs are also equipped with so many more features than PC's do when you get them out of the box and is it just me, or do graphics just look so much better and somewhat shiny on Macs? o___o

oh, that and the fact that Vista is the most annoying, faulty piece of crap ever.

heyo-captain-jac...
post Aug 14 2009, 06:07 PM
Post #9

/人◕‿‿◕人\

Group: Official Member
Member No: 602,927

In the past few years, Windows has been rapidly losing market share, while Mac and GNU have been rising at about the same rate. Until the early 90's, computers were a fairly esoteric subject. Not only were they difficult to use, but they were so expensive, you had to be rich as f*ck to even own one. Now, nearly everyone that isn't either dirt poor or piss old has at least one computer.

Maybe people are finally seeing that NT is crippled and BSD/Linux/etc. isn't.

QUOTE(nxcxlx @ Aug 14 2009, 01:18 AM) *
Vista is the most annoying, faulty piece of crap ever.

also bandwagon

Before the service packs, Vista sucked giant penis. Now it's a halfway decent OS.

creole
post Aug 19 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #10

Member No: 676,364

Well, it really depends on who the user is.

Obviously, gaming = Pc.
creating stuff = Mac.

i just like using the Mac, because of the clean interface, the whole presentation of the computer, and the easiness. i know for a fact, that you can't play major games on the mac, but i don't have time for PC gaming. I just love creating movies, music, digital images, and all that stuff on a Mac. Sure, you can try doing the same for the PC, but you do know that visually, Mac is somehow "prettier" in this category. I do have cons about the Mac though. The new keyboard does seem clean and "laptop" a like, but the whole pressing down on the keys is not my favor. I like strong durable keyboards that you can hear a big old crunching noise, when you type down. In about 2 months, my space bar was almost out of place. For me, this is a hard issue if I have to type documents or talk in forums like Createblog.

Windows are just as great though. You can keep upgrading them with memory, graphics card, sound card, whatever. Plus, there are a more range of computers built for Windows. I'm aware of the many dangers of viruses though, but I'm assuming that we modern people have anti-viruses programs to back us up.

drinksmokefuck
post Aug 19 2009, 02:37 PM
Post #11

Group: Member
Member No: 733,315

QUOTE(jcp @ Aug 2 2009, 03:10 AM) *
And their advertising is probably their strongest point.

When a companies strongest suit is "advertising" that kind of worries me
Pretty much everything they do is genius and they have amazing ways of raking in the cash.

Once again, you're talking about Apple, not Macs
most of microsofts customers dont care about how the hardware or the software of their computer works.

Not sure how this affects PC being worse than Mac, and you really Mac users care about the hardware and software as well?
And now they are coming along and making software that looks pretty but comanies dont carw about pretty

You do realize some of the appeal of macs are their sleak innovative look right?

creole
post Aug 19 2009, 02:48 PM
Post #12

Member No: 676,364

i also like to say

well, using bootcamp on a mac isn't that great compared to the vista, but idk.
it's still nice running a mac and windows xp on two different screens. biggrin.gif

heyo-captain-jac...
post Aug 19 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #13

/人◕‿‿◕人\

Group: Official Member
Member No: 602,927

I'm going to get a mac and install XP so whenever someone like joseph comes up he/she will see my mac and say "hey nice mac what do you use it foJFLAKDJFLAKSJDHGASDOPAOSUEFR"

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: