Reply to this topicStart new topic
which would be a better thing to do ?, about college ..
princessx143
post May 12 2010, 09:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 732,503

m going to a community college next year and then gonna transfer to a better one .
my dad wants me to start in the summer so i dont have to have all my classes at once in the fall .

if i start in the summer then i won`t have much time to hang out with friends and stuff .
and id have to get up early and won`t know anyone there .
im also the kind of person who likes to stay up wicked late ... but then i cant if i do this .

a couple of kids in my school are gonna go there in the fall .
so if i wanted to go in the fall so i would know people there .
and if i go in the fall i need to take all the courses id need to get into a better college all at once so all that studying would be like a lot .

the summer courses start may 24th :(
which would be better to do ?
i dont wanna do it in the summer but its easier that way .
i wanna wait til fall but then i dont wanna take all the courses at once .. please help me :(

i hope i made sense ?

LittleMissSunshi...
post May 12 2010, 09:36 PM
Post #2

rawr?

Group: Official Member
Member No: 285,858

I suggest you take the summer term. You have to change yourself and push yourself if you really want to take the easy way out by taking easier classes in the fall. If you really want to transfer to a better college, then I suggest you get your friend-lazy state mode into shape.

manny-the-dino
post May 18 2010, 04:10 PM
Post #3

Group: Administrator
Member No: 498,468

Honestly, the excuses you used for not wanting to do summer session such as not being able to hang out with friends and having to get up early are lame. Those are things we're all going to have to deal with especially as we get older. You shouldn't look at the negative things and focus on the positives. Just think that if you do decide to start next week, you'll be ahead with the amount of credits you have which means you can transfer/graduate earlier. Also you'll meet new people in your summer classes. It's no biggie. You'll probably even end up having a class or two with them in the fall. College is like high school in that you have to start over again and sure it can be scary but you're going to meet a lot of new people. I mean you can always hang out with your current friends after class. And just try your hardest to change your sleeping schedule. It'll only be difficult if you think it's difficult. nod.gif

I apologize since I'm just a random stranger giving you a semi-harsh response but I'm only telling you what I think.

*futura*
post May 18 2010, 06:19 PM
Post #4

This is just me, but I currently go to a community college and I f*cking love taking courses in the summer than in any other semester since it goes faster. I find regular semesters way too long.

You shouldn't worry about not being with your friends since you're bound to make new ones anyway. (I'll admit, going into a class without knowing anyone sucks, but you'll make friends as you go along).

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: