march madness
brooklyneast05
post Mar 20 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #1

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

aight who is watching?

my bracket is pretty f*cked smh @ pitt & louisville doing the most damage thus far

DoubleJ
post Mar 21 2011, 08:06 AM
Post #2

The Resident Drunk

Group: Head Staff
Member No: 593,266

My Blue Devils are still on track as I planned.

Teesa
post Mar 22 2011, 10:23 PM
Post #3

crushed.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 20,026

i was just going to make a topic on this!

my upsets NEVER work ughhh, but my final four: ohio, duke, kansas, and byu are still intact. thursday is a make or break it night for my bracket!

i love love love march madness. best time of the year.

brooklyneast05
post Mar 22 2011, 10:29 PM
Post #4

I'm Jc

final four i had pitt, duke, unc, kansas. unc was my pick just because i always liked them, i know they are a long shot, although they are fairing better than pitt obviously.

byu? come on teesa! BYU. jimmer is good but eh. i am not buying into them because they play like NOBODY all year long. everyone says jimmer is player of the year, but i would take kemba instead. i like uconn and if they weren't young i would have them beating duke.

i know ohio state will probably make it to final four if not the the final game, but i just hate them so i couldn't bring myself to pick them. i think they have the most complete team but i think kentucky or unc could shake ohio up by getting them to run the floor. i don't think either of those teams can beat them at their own game aka half court.

either way im gonna go with kansas to win it all. they screwed me over last year but im sticking with them this year.

oh yeah and can ya'll believe butler, doing this shit again? ridiculous stubborn.gif

as long as duke doesn't win im good though

Blyat
post Mar 22 2011, 11:49 PM
Post #5

Group: Official Member
Member No: 667,832

We're doing brackets in my hall....I'm doing terribly.

DoubleJ
post Mar 23 2011, 10:52 AM
Post #6

The Resident Drunk

oh stop jc...you know you want duke to win lol

brooklyneast05
post Mar 23 2011, 12:12 PM
Post #7

I'm Jc

i know i want anyone but duke to win stubborn.gif wanting duke to win is like wanting the lakers to win. it's not fun at all. it's anti climatic. its boring. it's played out.

i want excitement and duke is the opposite of exciting. but then again im talking to a SPURS fan so the excitement argument doesn't go too far i know. whistling.gif

i wish we could keep the sports section active here, that would be fun. me, you, teesa, james, steven, kevin, etc.

sixfive
post Mar 23 2011, 12:59 PM
Post #8

Member No: 653,768

I'm not big on college basketball. I'll keep up with it but I won't watch it religiously. The teams I could have supported are already out.

On a side note, the Spurs suck.

iRapediCarly
post Mar 23 2011, 06:29 PM
Post #9

Member No: 745,302

im taking UCONN

Teesa
post Mar 23 2011, 06:39 PM
Post #10

crushed.

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Mar 22 2011, 11:29 PM) *
byu? come on teesa! BYU. jimmer is good but eh. i am not buying into them because they play like NOBODY all year long. everyone says jimmer is player of the year, but i would take kemba instead. i like uconn and if they weren't young i would have them beating duke.

hahaa, sometimes i pick teams based on random sports articles i read because i don't watch ncaa during the actual season. i read one on jimmer and was sold. now i feel really good about them...we will see though!

i freaking dislike duke sooooooo much. i didn't want to pick them for my final four, but they were playing so well and decided what the heck.

why do you hate ohio?

either way im gonna go with kansas to win it all. they screwed me over last year but im sticking with them this year.

YUP, i have ohio v. kansas in the final and ohio winning it all. i had kansas winning it all last year, but clearly that did not happen. so i'm giving them another chance this year.

oh yeah and can ya'll believe butler, doing this shit again? ridiculous stubborn.gif
as long as duke doesn't win im good though

SERIOUSLY WTF. i admit, i jumped on the butler bandwagon hardcore last year (especially since my bracket fell apart after like the first two rounds), but after my gordon hayward fever broke, i don't like them anymore. they just make me mad now with their super close/lucky wins. i mean, really, how far can they go with those kinds of games? ughh

QUOTE(liquordick @ Mar 23 2011, 07:29 PM) *
im taking UCONN

i have san diego st. over uconn...but sd isn't a very good #2 seed i don't think

DoubleJ
post Mar 23 2011, 06:56 PM
Post #11

The Resident Drunk

QUOTE(serotonin @ Mar 23 2011, 01:59 PM) *
I'm not big on college basketball. I'll keep up with it but I won't watch it religiously. The teams I could have supported are already out.

On a side note, the Spurs suck.

How are your Rockets doing?

sixfive
post Mar 23 2011, 07:58 PM
Post #12

Pretty shitty this season but they're still my team. Pretty good since the all star break, better than the spurs. Take a team vested around a big man, take the big man out, and find me a team that's doing better than the rockets. Our starting center is 6'6. That's my height. Why do you even like the Spurs? They're from San Antonio, you're from the northeast. Can't you bandwagon with something like Boston or even Chicago? Both teams are blacker than the Spurs, but that's probably why you like the Spurs huh?

brooklyneast05
post Mar 23 2011, 09:01 PM
Post #13

I'm Jc

QUOTE(liquordick @ Mar 23 2011, 06:29 PM) *
im taking UCONN

i wanted to, but they won their last 5 before the tournament started, so the odds of them going 9 straight wins is pretty unlikely…i love kemba though.

QUOTE(Teesa @ Mar 23 2011, 06:39 PM) *
hahaa, sometimes i pick teams based on random sports articles i read because i don't watch ncaa during the actual season. i read one on jimmer and was sold. now i feel really good about them...we will see though!
i freaking dislike duke sooooooo much. i didn't want to pick them for my final four, but they were playing so well and decided what the heck.
why do you hate ohio?
YUP, i have ohio v. kansas in the final and ohio winning it all. i had kansas winning it all last year, but clearly that did not happen. so i'm giving them another chance this year.
SERIOUSLY WTF. i admit, i jumped on the butler bandwagon hardcore last year (especially since my bracket fell apart after like the first two rounds), but after my gordon hayward fever broke, i don't like them anymore. they just make me mad now with their super close/lucky wins. i mean, really, how far can they go with those kinds of games? ughh
i have san diego st. over uconn...but sd isn't a very good #2 seed i don't think

i didn't wanna final four duke either, but i'm doubtful whether anyone can beat them before they get there.

i hate ohio state..just because. I just hate OSU. i hate them in football and so my hate just carries over i think.

i jumped on the butler bandwagon at the end last year because of course i will go for anyone over duke, but yeah i'm over them. that pitt/butler game was ridiculous. i don't exactly disagree with the fouls at the end but still, how f*cking lucky can you get.

i can't buy into san diego for the same reason i can't buy into BYU. i wouldn't be that surprised i suppose if they beat uconn, who i think might lose just from being worn out. but in general i dont think SDSU is a good team. their schedule is a joke all year and they literally play nobody of importance. their claim to fame this year is playing BYU which doesn't say much.

i just have this thing against shitty weak conferences lol. this carries over from football too. i hate schools like boise state who get hyped up for winning against mostly bad teams meanwhile other conferences have ranked games all the time.

brooklyneast05
post Mar 23 2011, 09:02 PM
Post #14

I'm Jc

QUOTE(serotonin @ Mar 23 2011, 07:58 PM) *
Pretty shitty this season but they're still my team. Pretty good since the all star break, better than the spurs. Take a team vested around a big man, take the big man out, and find me a team that's doing better than the rockets. Our starting center is 6'6. That's my height. Why do you even like the Spurs? They're from San Antonio, you're from the northeast. Can't you bandwagon with something like Boston or even Chicago? Both teams are blacker than the Spurs, but that's probably why you like the Spurs huh?

ohmy.gif

Teesa
post Mar 23 2011, 10:25 PM
Post #15

crushed.

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Mar 23 2011, 10:01 PM) *
i wanted to, but they won their last 5 before the tournament started, so the odds of them going 9 straight wins is pretty unlikely…i love kemba though.
i didn't wanna final four duke either, but i'm doubtful whether anyone can beat them before they get there.

i hate ohio state..just because. I just hate OSU. i hate them in football and so my hate just carries over i think.

i jumped on the butler bandwagon at the end last year because of course i will go for anyone over duke, but yeah i'm over them. that pitt/butler game was ridiculous. i don't exactly disagree with the fouls at the end but still, how f*cking lucky can you get.

i can't buy into san diego for the same reason i can't buy into BYU. i wouldn't be that surprised i suppose if they beat uconn, who i think might lose just from being worn out. but in general i dont think SDSU is a good team. their schedule is a joke all year and they literally play nobody of importance. their claim to fame this year is playing BYU which doesn't say much.

i just have this thing against shitty weak conferences lol. this carries over from football too. i hate schools like boise state who get hyped up for winning against mostly bad teams meanwhile other conferences have ranked games all the time.

yeah, those weird/unnecessary fouls at the end were ridiculous.

and your reasoning for sdsu makes sense. i was SO pissed that my university (CU) didn't make it in when they were almost a sure thing, and they beat some legit teams.

can't wait until tomorrow.

iRapediCarly
post Mar 24 2011, 03:11 PM
Post #16

Member No: 745,302

can't hate on the SDSU coaching staff though, didn't know some were the same coaches for the fab five, but I do have UCONN over them, Kemba is too beast for me to pick against him, mof*cka is ICE COLD SON

Teesa
post Mar 24 2011, 09:32 PM
Post #17

crushed.

aaand now my bracket's done haha

brooklyneast05
post Mar 24 2011, 10:55 PM
Post #18

I'm Jc

told you SDSU and BYU weren't for realllllllllll, over hyped weak ass schedule teams.

arizona is taking duke down! i didn't see this coming but i am happy. my bracket will get screwed but i dont even care a this point.

DoubleJ
post Mar 25 2011, 12:04 AM
Post #19

The Resident Drunk

QUOTE(serotonin @ Mar 23 2011, 08:58 PM) *

Huh....I've been a Spurs fan since 99 and the Nets are my team but Tim Duncan is my favorite player. Everybody knows this.

brooklyneast05
post Mar 27 2011, 08:33 PM
Post #20

I'm Jc

f*ck this shit

brooklyneast05
post Mar 27 2011, 08:34 PM
Post #21

I'm Jc

KANSAS:

sixfive
post Mar 27 2011, 09:05 PM
Post #22

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

kryogenix
post Mar 29 2011, 01:51 PM
Post #23

Sarcastic Mr. Know-It-All

Member No: 29

if UCONN wins it all I win in my bracket group. I'd have done so even better if I wasn't a homer for St. John's (had them going into the elite 8 lol)

brooklyneast05
post Mar 29 2011, 07:16 PM
Post #24

I'm Jc

i originally had UCONN going to the final game, but i moved them to just final four because i wanted to go for UNC. then i heard irving was coming back, so i decided to have UConn losing to duke in the elite 8.

should have gone with my gut... stubborn.gif

LittleMissSunshi...
post Mar 30 2011, 09:32 PM
Post #25

rawr?

Member No: 285,858

UNC is out though ): they lost didn't they?

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: