Resource Center Links

This Month's Contests | Hosts Looking for Hostees | Hostees looking for Hosts | Big Book of Resources

Submission Guidelines

Reply to this topicStart new topic
I need to improve, but I need some advice :d
IzzyGrace
post Jun 3 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 637,661

Aaalright, I'm going to start making layouts. I used to know how to do website templates, but I was 11 or 12 and I seriously sucked, in Photoshop, Html, AND Css. I haven't done anything with coding for a while, but I'm trying to restart everything I've learned because someone made a comment on a my coding, and after a while, I realized how much it stunk.

I'm slowly improving my Photoshopping skills, and I know only I can do that, but (in your opinion) which is easier to begin making - MySpace layouts or Web Site templates? And what do you think I should do?

vintage-toile
post Jun 4 2008, 01:22 AM
Post #2

Kissing for yesterday.

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 569,813

my advice would be to look at existing codes, work out what they all mean and work from there.
you can do that with existing myspace layouts/website templates, or just codes which create different portions of the page.

as for photoshop, you need to download some good sets of brushes (have a notepad document listing all websites for credit though) and ensure you are allowed to use them before downloading. if not you can always contact the owner of them and liase.

then you need to search the internet for photoshop tutorials, and as you learn more and more things you should become more experienced with photoshopping.

thats how i started out wink.gif

IzzyGrace
post Jun 4 2008, 04:38 PM
Post #3

Group: Member
Member No: 637,661

I've got a million fonts and brushes :) I always change the file name so I know where I got them from. I just need to work on my layout skills. Perhaps I'll start with minimal layouts. I figured web templates would be easier to learn first, too. Thanks for the help. _smile.gif

shortcake
post Jun 6 2008, 01:24 PM
Post #4

Oh Wow ...

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 468,522

If you hae or could get the program Dreamweaver that would be really good for website templates. They have some base templates and the progra can fix some of your errors and let you preview stuff.

All though I prefer to just code off of scratch but in my Web Design class they taught using Dreamweaver.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: