Reply to this topicStart new topic
Its all about giving back!
micron
post Jan 3 2004, 07:15 AM
Post #1

cb's #1 fan! =)

Group: Advisor
Member No: 1

As you all remember from my Welcoming thread (you did read it right?), I mentioned about takers - how they only know how to take, and never think about giving back. I realized something today - not only does this concept apply to you as forum members, but to all of us as a community towards Xanga (the dot com site).

Now Xanga has done some great things for us (Nod your heads everyone!). They helped bring our unique personalities online, gave us something useful to do on the internet for a change, and gave us a new avenue to make new friends, all through their free blog service. That's right folks, absolutely for free! Now I don't know how you feel when you recieve free things that you have done nothing in particular to deserve, but let me tell you how you should feel! If you're a normal human like me (I really am, I promise!), then naturally, you would feel grateful. Thats right - that means you would naturally want to do something in return (the keyword here being natural!) - because, afterall, we're a community who loves to give back, right? (do I hear a Y-E-S, that spells yes!?)

So what should you do you ask? Well, simple. You leave the ad banner intact. Infact, you should be so grateful you ought to be proud to be able to give back to the site you love! (Just ask yourself, where would we all be without Xanga?!) You see, by using a "banner disabler" (wicked! wicked!) you are eating away from Xanga's revenues, in turn doing them harm! Seesh, so much for your gratitude, right? But thank heavens! Since we're all normal humans here who love giving back, such a thing would never happen! Ever!

Yup, thats right guys! As my pledge to give back to the site we all owe, I have decided to pull off the "banner disabler". Now if you are currently using this script (accidently ofcourse, heaven forbid it was on purpose!) please do Xanga and us a favor and yank it off! Who needs them anyway! I'm proud to be a supporter of Xanga! So should you!

Be a proud Xangan - Be the Xangans! _smile.gif

casssy
post Jan 3 2004, 01:07 PM
Post #2

Group: Member
Member No: 200

*nodz*

K! laugh.gif

nas
post Jan 3 2004, 01:42 PM
Post #3

samurai champloo!

Member No: 2

*scratches head* I guess it had to come to this laugh.gif
new skins = skins with banners

uhm.. so I guess I'll take out the banner disabler on that skin... uhmm I'll fix it up so the top doesn't look too disattached or something...

I was sitting here twiddling my fingers, pacing back and forth to see what the final verdict was. hah hah hah. =_=

*krnxswat*
post Jan 3 2004, 02:14 PM
Post #4

haha alright
yesssiirr

GinaDaQueen
post Jan 3 2004, 03:03 PM
Post #5

createblog.com

Member No: 13

That's what I've been saying since the beginning. It's just one little banner on top. It's not going to kill you, right people? biggrin.gif

nas
post Jan 3 2004, 03:44 PM
Post #6

samurai champloo!

Member No: 2

QUOTE(GinaDaQueen @ 01-3-2004, 03:03 PM)
That's what I've been saying since the beginning. It's just one little banner on top. It's not going to kill you, right people? biggrin.gif

*groans* It can't kill, but it'll hurt heeeeh

iakona
post Jan 4 2004, 01:46 AM
Post #7

The Hawaiian Hulk

Member No: 11

aww man....lol...i guess youre right. ill take it off onc im done looking through the rest of the site.

*kryogenix*
post Jan 4 2004, 01:52 PM
Post #8

yeah i guess it's ungrateful

saranghae
post Jan 5 2004, 12:04 AM
Post #9

Member No: 137

yeaaaa.. i guess that's trueee =X

micron
post Jan 5 2004, 12:19 AM
Post #10

cb's #1 fan! =)

You guys all say so, but I only see a few who do. hammer.gif

iakona
post Jan 5 2004, 03:04 AM
Post #11

The Hawaiian Hulk

Member No: 11

QUOTE(micron @ 01-5-2004, 12:19 AM)
You guys all say so, but I only see a few who do. hammer.gif

oh crap i forgot...ill do it tomorrow, too tired now

raveled ambience
post Jan 5 2004, 11:54 PM
Post #12

Member No: 303

okay okays... fine

Niobe
post Jan 7 2004, 03:19 AM
Post #13

Member No: 374

QUOTE(micron @ 01-3-2004, 07:15 AM)
As you all remember from my Welcoming thread (you did read it right?), I mentioned about takers - how they only know how to take, and never think about giving back. I realized something today - not only does this concept apply to you as forum members, but to all of us as a community towards Xanga (the dot com site).

Now Xanga has done some great things for us (Nod your heads everyone!). They helped bring our unique personalities online, gave us something useful to do on the internet for a change, and gave us a new avenue to make new friends, all through their free blog service. That's right folks, absolutely for free! Now I don't know how you feel when you recieve free things that you have done nothing in particular to deserve, but let me tell you how you should feel! If you're a normal human like me (I really am, I promise!), then naturally, you would feel grateful. Thats right - that means you would naturally want to do something in return (the keyword here being natural!) - because, afterall, we're a community who loves to give back, right? (do I hear a Y-E-S, that spells yes!?)

So what should you do you ask? Well, simple. You leave the ad banner intact. Infact, you should be so grateful you ought to be proud to be able to give back to the site you love! (Just ask yourself, where would we all be without Xanga?!) You see, by using a "banner disabler" (wicked! wicked!) you are eating away from Xanga's revenues, in turn doing them harm! Seesh, so much for your gratitude, right? But thank heavens! Since we're all normal humans here who love giving back, such a thing would never happen! Ever!

Yup, thats right guys! As my pledge to give back to the site we all owe, I have decided to pull off the "banner disabler". Now if you are currently using this script (accidently ofcourse, heaven forbid it was on purpose!) please do Xanga and us a favor and yank it off! Who needs them anyway! I'm proud to be a supporter of Xanga! So should you!

[FONT=Impact]im a new born member of this xangan's community.. and as i was reading your thingy there.. it really made me think, and i give you a THUMBS UP for that.. yay! _smile.gif

*kryogenix*
post Jan 7 2004, 04:08 PM
Post #14

removed

micron
post Jan 7 2004, 06:21 PM
Post #15

cb's #1 fan! =)

Thanks! happy.gif

Co.Oky me
post Jan 10 2004, 12:02 AM
Post #16

I Ponder. What is _____ doing at the moment??

Member No: 453

As you all remember from my Welcoming thread (you did read it right?),

*cough*read it*cough*
I mentioned about takers - how they only know how to take, and never think about giving back. I realized something today - not only does this concept apply to you as forum members, but to all of us as a community towards Xanga (the dot com site).

Now Xanga has done some great things for us (Nod your heads everyone!).

*nods*

They helped bring our unique personalities online, gave us something useful to do on the internet for a change, and gave us a new avenue to make new friends, all through their free blog service. That's right folks, absolutely for free! Now I don't know how you feel when you recieve free things that you have done nothing in particular to deserve, but let me tell you how you should feel! If you're a normal human like me (I really am, I promise!),

WOW blink.gif
then naturally, you would feel grateful. Thats right - that means you would naturally want to do something in return (the keyword here being natural!) - because, afterall, we're a community who loves to give back, right? (do I hear a Y-E-S, that spells yes!?)

YES!

So what should you do you ask? Well, simple. You leave the ad banner intact. Infact, you should be so grateful you ought to be proud to be able to give back to the site you love! (Just ask yourself, where would we all be without Xanga?!)

NO WHERE~

You see, by using a "banner disabler" (wicked! wicked!) you are eating away from Xanga's revenues, in turn doing them harm! Seesh, so much for your gratitude, right? But thank heavens! Since we're all normal humans here who love giving back, such a thing would never happen! Ever!

Yup, thats right guys! As my pledge to give back to the site we all owe, I have decided to pull off the "banner disabler". Now if you are currently using this script (accidently of course, heaven forbid it was on purpose!)

yup yup..SOMEHOW the code got into my xanga..yup yup

please do Xanga and us a favor and yank it off! Who needs them anyway! I'm proud to be a supporter of Xanga! So should you!

*tears up* that was a greattt speech~ welps...i lost the banner-eliminating code longgg ago..n i completely agreeeee with what you're saying [seriously]
...hmmm..does anyone else think i should be a cheer leader??

micron
post Jan 10 2004, 03:54 AM
Post #17

cb's #1 fan! =)

Hahaha, suuure. happy.gif

jennyyy_xp
post Jan 11 2004, 05:05 PM
Post #18

you rock my undies x]

Member No: 269

Yup,, Now i feel kinda bad for asking my question,, T o T

i asked how do i move the xanga banner to the bottom,, blegh.
-begs xanga banner for forgiveness- > o <

*krnxswat*
post Jan 11 2004, 05:29 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(jennyyy_xp @ 01-11-2004, 05:05 PM)
-begs xanga banner for forgiveness- > o <

haha, that reminds me, once i saw a movie like there was this guy with his friend, who was a priest, and the guy farted, so he said to his friend "am i forgiven?" biggrin.gif

*eunie03*
post Jan 11 2004, 08:25 PM
Post #20

Hahahaaa... that's Porthos! From Man in the Iron Mask laugh.gif

*krnxswat*
post Jan 11 2004, 08:41 PM
Post #21

QUOTE(eunie03 @ 01-11-2004, 08:25 PM)
Hahahaaa... that's Porthos! From Man in the Iron Mask laugh.gif

ohhh yeaaahhhh
now i think of it,
wasnt it when i watched this from your house? and i got scared? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

hello
post Jan 12 2004, 10:49 PM
Post #22

Member No: 257

*nod* agreed ^_^

c00ki3_m0nst3r
post Jan 13 2004, 11:06 PM
Post #23

Member No: 491

haha...alright...i won't ever ask my question again...i only asked it outta curiosity i wasnt dying to take it off...i'll survive

SwTDreamZcumtru
post Jan 16 2004, 11:21 PM
Post #24

the used crackwhore

Member No: 741

haha
hmm.. im not normal... (quite far frum it..)
buuuhhh i'll take it off..
mkay?? haha

wayne
post Jan 17 2004, 11:58 AM
Post #25

t3h koolest guy in cB

Member No: 513

I understand.... I wont get the code. It will feel so... right! HAHAHA! laugh.gif

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: