tokyo-rose
post Jun 10 2010, 09:40 AM
Post #26

♡♡♡♡♡

Group: Head Staff
Member No: 108,478

QUOTE(Columbiancoke @ Jun 10 2010, 10:38 AM) *
lesbians rule...i am one..n i love it!

Everyone rules, regardless of gender. It's good you have LGBT pride, though. :)

mipadi
post Jun 10 2010, 10:35 AM
Post #27

Group: Administrator
Member No: 639,265

QUOTE(tokyo-rose @ Jun 10 2010, 10:40 AM) *
Everyone rules, regardless of gender. It's good you have LGBT pride, though. :)

Not everyone. What about Hitler or Stalin or Chad Kroeger?

Blyat
post Jun 10 2010, 10:35 AM
Post #28

Group: Official Member
Member No: 667,832

Im fine with lesbians and gays

If your in love with someone it shouldn't matter what their gender is.

creole
post Jun 10 2010, 12:19 PM
Post #29

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 676,364

I love the LGBT community. But i feel like the bisexuality group in the community gets more shunned upon because we don't "pick sides" like the others.

My opinions:

Gay = The gays around my place are mostly the feminine kind. I prefer the more macho butch gays, but nonetheless all of them are awesome. I always go to my gay friends about what type of clothing, haircut, style, etc I should look to because the ones I know definitely have high experience with fashion and keeping cleanse compared to other girls and guys I know. They're fun to talk to and I never had a problem with any of them. I like this one gay guy right now and the only thing that's keeping apart is the age restriction.

Lesbian = I think the whole stereotypes about lesbians always being butch or manly is overused. I mean, I personally know one of my friends is a lesbian butch type but I know there's a girly type of Lesbians out there. To me, lesbians are hot. Two girls kissing could never make a guy so damn happy. Maybe to straight girls that might be gross, but thinking about being in a 3-way with them is worth it. I love my lesbians because i know if a straight guy ever tries to diss on me then they'll always be there to beat the shit out of the guy.

Bisexual = umm my opinion for bisexuals might sound biased because i am one, but here it goes. I think bisexuals are probably the ones less looked upon in the whole community. Many of my friends before thought bisexuals were freaks and they just wanted to get into someone's pants all the time. For example, Tila Tequila. I kind of looked up to her when she's trying to choose the right person for her, but at the same time I hate how she's like a visual example of the bad stereotypes and labels that are placed upon bisexuals. My friends changed views when they heard that I am Bi. Everyone that knows me knows I never had sex with anyone, and that I'm going to wait till marriage. I do get temptations when I see a hot guy's body or when I see a fine girl's boobs but I try to resist.

Transgendered = I don't have a problem with transgenders, but I do feel uncomfortable when I'm around one. I don't know why, but it's probably because I'm not used to being around one or getting to know one. I think transgenders probably suffer the worst outside of the whole community and the difficulties they have to go through. Getting the sex change surgery and adding on extra stuff isn't that cheap. What's worse is I hate it when people crack jokes about transgenders especially during the time about Lady Gaga being transgendered or a hermaphrodite, and it still goes on. Why won't people just get that it was just a joke to add on publicity and to see how stupid we people would react to.

/end of opinion

brooklyneast05
post Jun 10 2010, 12:29 PM
Post #30

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

^ i think the stereotype of lesbians being manly is less used than the stereotype that lesbians are just chicks who want attention so they go around kissing girls and what not.

i think that some gay people should stop perpetuating the stereotype that their gayness makes them better at fashion, shopping, whatever else gay guys are supposedly better at. if gay people want everyone else to see their sexuality as just that, their sexuality and nothing else, then they have to stop linking their sexuality to every thing else they do. they should be interested in fashion because they like it, not because they're gay. those two things have nothing to do with each other in reality, at least if they think they are born gay. that's like saying someone is good at fashion becasue they have brown hair.no one thinks i'm good at something strictly because of my sexuality. whenever they make distinctions like that it makes it more likely that everyone else is going to see their sexuality as a big deal.

the same way with gay people who point out their sexuality all the time. if you draw attention to it then you can't be surprised when someone else does.

kryogenix
post Jun 10 2010, 12:31 PM
Post #31

Sarcastic Mr. Know-It-All

Member No: 29

Homosexuals are just regular people with a fetish for sexual contact with people of the same gender. Bisexuals are just part time fetishists.

creole
post Jun 10 2010, 12:34 PM
Post #32

Member No: 676,364

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Jun 10 2010, 09:29 AM) *
i think that some gay people should stop perpetuating the stereotype that their gayness makes them better at fashion, shopping, whatever else gay guys are supposedly better at. if gay people want everyone else to see their sexuality as just that, their sexuality and nothing else, then they have to stop linking their sexuality to every thing else they do. they should be interested in fashion because they like it, not because they're gay. those two things have nothing to do with each other in reality. no one thinks i'm good at something strictly because of my sexuality. whenever they make distinctions like that it makes it more likely that everyone else is going to see their sexuality as a big deal.

yeah i kinda agree with that but my straight guy friends don't care about fashion. straight guys are much as an expertise and aware of fashion as gays regardless of sexuality, etc. but all my straight guy friends really care about is jordans, wearing white t's and basketball shorts. lammeeeee

brooklyneast05
post Jun 10 2010, 12:41 PM
Post #33

I'm Jc

QUOTE(Cum @ Jun 10 2010, 12:34 PM) *
yeah i kinda agree with that but my straight guy friends don't care about fashion. straight guys are much as an expertise and aware of fashion as gays regardless of sexuality, etc. but all my straight guy friends really care about is jordans, wearing white t's and basketball shorts. lammeeeee

i wear white t's and basketball shorts hater.

but my point is that your friends shouldn't care about fashion BECAUSE they are gay. our interests are not decided by biological traits or sexuality. it could be a common cultural connection for a lot of gay people. i like basketball. i probably like basketball because of it's relevance in black culture has increased my exposure to it. i don't like basketball because i'm biologically black though. there's a difference. (not that gay people are the only ones who blur this line, we always try to relate biological traits to interests, personalities, abilities, etc.)

heyo-captain-jac...
post Jun 10 2010, 11:37 PM
Post #34

/人◕‿‿◕人\

Member No: 602,927

don't be gay on me, an I'm good.

none345678
post Jun 10 2010, 11:55 PM
Post #35

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

Group: People Staff
Member No: 596,480

I'll get gay all on your face CJ

heyo-captain-jac...
post Jun 11 2010, 01:28 AM
Post #36

/人◕‿‿◕人\

but you're arguably female so it's ok

tokyo-rose
post Jun 11 2010, 07:15 AM
Post #37

♡♡♡♡♡

QUOTE(Cum @ Jun 10 2010, 01:34 PM) *

That will change once you get to college. You'll see students bumming in morning classes in their PJ's and students who treat every day like a fashion show. I've only worn PJ's to my 7:30AM finals (I hate those), and I dress pretty casually and for comfort.

sixfive
post Jun 11 2010, 08:22 AM
Post #38

Member No: 653,768

QUOTE(mipadi @ Jun 10 2010, 10:35 AM) *

http://www.explosm.net/comics/1156/

tokyo-rose
post Jun 11 2010, 11:02 AM
Post #39

♡♡♡♡♡

QUOTE(Cum @ Jun 10 2010, 01:19 PM) *
To me, lesbians are hot. Two girls kissing could never make a guy so damn happy. Maybe to straight girls that might be gross, but thinking about being in a 3-way with them is worth it. I love my lesbians because i know if a straight guy ever tries to diss on me then they'll always be there to beat the shit out of the guy.

Transgendered = I don't have a problem with transgenders, but I do feel uncomfortable when I'm around one. I don't know why, but it's probably because I'm not used to being around one or getting to know one. I think transgenders probably suffer the worst outside of the whole community and the difficulties they have to go through. Getting the sex change surgery and adding on extra stuff isn't that cheap.

Girls have curves and that's why they're hot. ^_^ And, hey, straight girls can kiss other girls, too! See: Katy Perry.

Erm, I think you're getting your terms confused there. This is the definition of a transgendered person, but what you're talking about with sex reassignment is with regard to transsexuals. As far as I know, I'm heterosexual, but I know it's possible I could fall in love with a girl; and I don't adhere to a lot of gender roles prevalent in American society. Would I call myself transgender? Going by the first two definitions on Wiki, I suppose I could:

The precise definition for transgender remains in flux, but includes:
  • "Of, relating to, or designating a person whose identity does not conform unambiguously to conventional notions of male or female gender roles, but combines or moves between these."[1]
  • "People who were assigned a sex, usually at birth and based on their genitals, but who feel that this is a false or incomplete description of themselves."[2]
  • "Non-identification with, or non-presentation as, the sex (and assumed gender) one was assigned at birth."[3]

misoshiru
post Jun 19 2010, 11:49 PM
Post #40

yan lin♥

Member No: 13,627

QUOTE(mipadi @ Jun 10 2010, 11:35 AM) *

hitler and stalin definitely ruled for a period of time. haha.

LittleMissSunshi...
post Jun 20 2010, 09:30 AM
Post #41

rawr?

Member No: 285,858

i like having gay, lesbian, or bi friends more than straight friends. they seem more friendlier and less prejudice than them. i feel more comfortable around them since more of my straight friends like to judge. i'm not saying that gay, lesbian, or bi don't judge, but straight people do judge more than the gays. i hate that, idunno, but thats my opinion.

misoshiru
post Jun 27 2010, 03:40 PM
Post #42

yan lin♥

QUOTE(tokyo-rose @ Jun 11 2010, 08:15 AM) *
That will change once you get to college. You'll see students bumming in morning classes in their PJ's and students who treat every day like a fashion show. I've only worn PJ's to my 7:30AM finals (I hate those), and I dress pretty casually and for comfort.

hahaha. I never wore sweatpants outside of my dorm unless I was going to the gym. Then again, I was an exception. But, at my school, the percentage of students who wore sweats and pjs to class was rather low. Definitely not the case for all schools though.

UnseenQueen
post Jun 27 2010, 07:17 PM
Post #43

Group: Member
Member No: 759,692

I do not have a problem with gay/lesbians/bi's.

Who cares if they love the same sex?
They're human. Just like you and me.

I honestly don't believe Men and Woman should love each other by instinct or whatever..
Women can love other women, and Men can love other men.

It's all the same. Except you can reproduce.
But that's what adoption is for.

Most of my friends are gay or bi. I'm straight as a pole; but that doesn't mean I'm uncomfortable around them; or I'm going to shun them.

Plus, I find bi/gay/lesbian people are way more friendly and fun than other people.

none345678
post Jun 27 2010, 07:25 PM
Post #44

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

I don't really give a f*ck. You could be into bestiality for all I know, but I am way to self centered to care. but to all the people who are "OMG I LOVE GAY PEOPLE!!" you're f*cking stupid. Wtf? Just like there are ***hole straight people their are ***hole gay people. My brain twitches when I here that.

brooklyneast05
post Jun 27 2010, 07:33 PM
Post #45

I'm Jc

i agree with that. i don't get why anyone would like someone based off the fact they are gay just like i don't get how they would dislike them for that reason.

misoshiru
post Jul 5 2010, 09:54 PM
Post #46

yan lin♥

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Jun 27 2010, 08:33 PM) *
i agree with that. i don't get why anyone would like someone based off the fact they are gay just like i don't get how they would dislike them for that reason.

i especially don't understand the girls who love gay men purely because they're gay.

heyo-captain-jac...
post Jul 6 2010, 04:52 AM
Post #47

/人◕‿‿◕人\

QUOTE(mipadi @ Jun 10 2010, 10:35 AM) *

Sure they've done horrible things, one systematically destroying an entire race, one leading a regime to kill 60 million people, and one being Canadian, but you've got to respect them for being so charismatic.
How could someone so horrible as Hitler end up in a position of power, even after writing the abomination that is Mien Kampf, without being such an extraordinarily great leader?
How could someone who tried to stifle every imaginable freedom have stayed in power so long? It would have taken none less than a single bullet to completely rid the Earth of him, but nobody did it.
How could a Canadian have so many fans? The world may never know.

mipadi
post Jul 6 2010, 05:10 PM
Post #48

Group: Administrator
Member No: 639,265

QUOTE(misoshiru @ Jul 5 2010, 10:54 PM) *
i especially don't understand the girls who love gay men purely because they're gay.

I'm not female, but I'm going to answer as though I have a deep understanding of women.

I think there are several facets to this interest in gay men by straight girls:
  1. Girls love having a guy best friend (for some reason), or at least a guy who is a close friend. Often, this is a guy they'd never date (he's dorky, he's not cool, he doesn't play the guitar, whatever), but he's fun to have around. But there's always the risk that he could fall in love with the girl, which would ruin the whole thing (this is likely, since he's probably only really nice to the girl because he has a crush on her). However, if the guy is gay, this risk is completely removed from the equation, thus the girl can have her cake and eat it, too.
  2. Gay guys stereotypically are into fashion, shoes, shopping, whatever -- things girls (stereotypically) like, too. This may or may not be true, but it's true in the media's depiction of gay dudes. Piggybacking on #1, this means that a girl with a gay best friend not only gets an "awesome" guy friend, but one that likes the same shit she likes to boot (i.e., he won't refuse to go shopping because he's watching football).
  3. Having a gay friend shows that you're totally open to the homosexual lifestyle. This is very important to hipsters.

none345678
post Jul 6 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #49

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

I think a lot of people just want a gay friend just because of your 3rd reason. Kinda like someone who wants to prove they aren't raciest by getting/constantly talking about their black friend.

gojira
post Jul 6 2010, 08:22 PM
Post #50

◕ ◡ ◕

Member No: 416,697

for me, it'd be for second reason. these are one of the only times when men can knock on your weight.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: