Closed TopicStart new topic
the program
layziehuong
post Jun 26 2004, 06:21 PM
Post #1

laziest grl ever

Group: Member
Member No: 12,318

can someone please tell me the program i can use to make swirls background and stuff?? the following is the picture with the swirly stuff ..
http://img61.photobucket.com/albums/v187/layziehuong/bg2.jpg

*NatiMarie*
post Jun 26 2004, 06:23 PM
Post #2

Well I think you can use swirls to make swirls but you can also copy and paste them from other sites I think. (Like search under Yahoo Images or google images to find swirls and kind of mess with the colors and stuff).

mai_z
post Jun 26 2004, 07:01 PM
Post #3

unify and defeat... divide and crumble

Member No: 6,379

chances are, those are photoshop brushes, or psp brushes, you can get some pretty nice photoshop swirls brushes at painted eyes....( www.paintedeyes.org/brushes ) try there first. or just google 'swirls photoshop brushes"

layziehuong
post Jun 27 2004, 12:53 AM
Post #4

laziest grl ever

when i go in that site, and save the stuff .. where am i suppose to save it? how do i use it though?

*NatiMarie*
post Jun 27 2004, 12:39 PM
Post #5

That's a good question. If it's a zip file, you should check where it's saved to. Um...hmm...I'm wondering the same thing. Let me try to do it...

layziehuong
post Jun 27 2004, 12:41 PM
Post #6

laziest grl ever

well, thank you natimarie .. im really confused on this right now .. please help me out .. i tried saving it in the photoshop folder, but i dont know how you open it and use it ..

*NatiMarie*
post Jun 27 2004, 01:19 PM
Post #7

If you go to the program files folder, I think this may work...go to Adobe Photoshop 7.0 (or whatever Photoshop version you have). There will be various folders in there. Hopefully, there's a folder called 'Required'
If so, double click and you will see something that says 'Default Brushes', I don't know...*gasp* I tried doing it and maybe it won't work. It's worth a try...you can try placing that document of brushes in that folder. Um...yeah *sigh*
So sorry, I'll try to find other alternatives.

Oh wait: In the Adobe Photoshop folder there's probably another folder that says 'Presets', in there is a folder called 'Brushes' . You can maybe try to copy and paste the file in there. Hopefully it will appear in the Photoshop program. I accidentally deleted the file, but I'll try to do it. Hope it works. _smile.gif

EDIT//
I GOT IT. Yay. After you have saved it or whatever, go to EDIT on Photoshop, then scroll down until you see 'Preset Manager...'

Then just load the swirls. It's really easy. yay!

gasolinekisses
post Jun 27 2004, 03:27 PM
Post #8

goose bucket.

Member No: 6,411

QUOTE(NaTiMaRiE @ Jun 27 2004, 2:19 PM)
If you go to the program files folder, I think this may work...go to Adobe Photoshop 7.0 (or whatever Photoshop version you have). There will be various folders in there. Hopefully, there's a folder called 'Required'
If so, double click and you will see something that says 'Default Brushes', I don't know...*gasp* I tried doing it and maybe it won't work. It's worth a try...you can try placing that document of brushes in that folder. Um...yeah *sigh*
So sorry, I'll try to find other alternatives.

Oh wait: In the Adobe Photoshop folder there's probably another folder that says 'Presets', in there is a folder called  'Brushes' . You can maybe try to copy and paste the file in there. Hopefully it will appear in the Photoshop program. I accidentally deleted the file, but I'll try to do it. Hope it works. _smile.gif

EDIT//
I GOT IT. Yay. After you have saved it or whatever, go to EDIT on Photoshop, then scroll down until you see 'Preset Manager...'

Then just load the swirls. It's really easy. yay!

she's right. i'm a brush fiend, so i should know... but you're going to have to unzip most of the files, so remember how to get to them if you don't save them in the correct folder. i would advise just going ahead and saving them here, it's easier... it's usually like c:>program files>adobe>photoshop>presets>brushes. then you can just open a microsoft explorer browser [the ones with the file folders next to them] and unzip by right click and extract. you can delete the zipped up folder after you've extracted. then when you go to your brush window/menu, just click on the arrow and "load brush"... and remember where to look. [adobe>photoshop>presets>brushes.] i use the brush search from this site to find what i'm looking for. it's awesome. click here for the brush search

layziehuong
post Jun 27 2004, 04:15 PM
Post #9

laziest grl ever

thank you very much for helping me ^_^

swe3txprincesz
post Jun 28 2004, 03:24 PM
Post #10

hello.

Member No: 23,600

if yu dont have a program like psp or ps yu could always make them usin ms paint jest download a font like porcelain and cu of the parts that arent swirlie

layziehuong
post Jun 28 2004, 11:02 PM
Post #11

laziest grl ever

i got photoshop 7.0

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: