Reply to this topicStart new topic
unlocking music from itunes
*tweeak*
post Dec 26 2005, 11:00 PM
Post #1

My mother recently purchases a Zen Micro, but refuses to subscribe to a music service and thus insists on using my itunes to purchase things. At one point, I had used a program called jhymn to unlock files, but now that I've updated my itunes to 6.0. The best way I've found so far is to burn the tracks onto a cd and then put them back on and convert them unlocked, but it seems like that would needlessly waste a lot of cds, so does anyone know of a better way to go about doing this?

uLoVeMikeRoch
post Dec 26 2005, 11:21 PM
Post #2

Wow, i dont know whats going on...

Group: Member
Member No: 10,977

QUOTE(tweeak @ Dec 26 2005, 11:00 PM)
My mother recently purchases a Zen Micro, but refuses to subscribe to a music service and thus insists on using my itunes to purchase things. At one point, I had used a program called jhymn to unlock files, but now that I've updated my itunes to 6.0. The best way I've found so far is to burn the tracks onto a cd and then put them back on and convert them unlocked, but it seems like that would needlessly waste a lot of cds, so does anyone know of a better way to go about doing this?

What if you put the files all into an image file. (ISO or some other image program format) Then you reburn that back on to your computer?

uLoVeMikeRoch
post Dec 26 2005, 11:23 PM
Post #3

Wow, i dont know whats going on...

Member No: 10,977

QUOTE(tweeak @ Dec 26 2005, 11:00 PM)

What if you put the files all into an image file. (ISO or some other image program format) Then you reburn that back on to your computer?

*tweeak*
post Dec 26 2005, 11:25 PM
Post #4

No, the point is that I'd still have to burn it onto a disk that way, which seems like more trouble than it's worth. That actually seems like it'd be more work than the way I know, since I'd have to figure out what the hell ISO is and also comprehend how you can turn music into an image file)

artislife90
post Dec 27 2005, 01:08 PM
Post #5

What?

Member No: 92,823

Not sure if you can, but is there a windows equivilent to a .dmg file that mounts itself as a drive that really does not exist? If there is you could try that... I think there are programs that let u do that with an ISO file... hmm..

Anyway thats my idea, virtual drives.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: