Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Can you be two religions?, Christian and an atheist
coconutter
post Nov 10 2009, 09:43 PM
Post #26

omnomnom

Group: Member
Member No: 180,688

Just because you pick the things you like out of other religions doesn't mean you're a follower of those religions. Really, you can be two religions. Separate religions exist for a reason, and it's not so people can get the most out of all of them.

Reidar
post Nov 11 2009, 05:22 PM
Post #27

Vae Victis

Group: Official Member
Member No: 460,227

If they're merely metaphorical then they should not be taught as truth. It was only a few years ago that the Pope ended Limbo. Pastor Wilson is right when he says it would be a very immoral thing to teach with this much severity if it was no more than a bunch of metaphors.

And that is a valid comparison because the origin of religion has no bearing on whether it's true or not.

Kontroll
post Dec 10 2009, 09:17 AM
Post #28

Jake - The Unholy Trinity / Premiscuous Poeteer.

Member No: 411,316

QUOTE(AyeVickaye @ Jul 9 2009, 12:47 AM) *
I have 2 friends that claim they're more than one religion. One claims that she is Catholic and atheist (being that her dad is Catholic and the mom is atheist). My other friend claims she is Catholic and Buddhist (being that her dad is Catholic and the mom buddhist)...When they asked them about it...I was like 'what? you cant be two different religions...Its either or but not both..' Can you be two different religions??

Seeing as how they are basing their faith off their parents views, it would seem that they are neither, but in fact retarded.

You cannot label yourself something simply by another persons views. Tell them they are idiots for me.

And no, you can't, by the by. It would just be something entirely different. They are their own religion for a reason. Segregated views imply they they are "all or none" and there is no copy and paste, or what have you.

SoleShine
post Jun 15 2010, 07:05 PM
Post #29

<love3

Member No: 758,609

QUOTE(AyeVickaye @ Jul 9 2009, 12:47 AM) *
I have 2 friends that claim they're more than one religion. One claims that she is Catholic and atheist (being that her dad is Catholic and the mom is atheist). My other friend claims she is Catholic and Buddhist (being that her dad is Catholic and the mom buddhist)...When they asked them about it...I was like 'what? you cant be two different religions...Its either or but not both..' Can you be two different religions??

no. i dont see how you can be. you believe one way or the other. just because that what their parents are doesnt mean thats what they have to be.

heyo-captain-jac...
post Jun 16 2010, 12:34 AM
Post #30

/人◕‿‿◕人\

Group: Official Member
Member No: 602,927

In a way, you can be. There are Discordian Neo-pagans for example, or Atheistic Taoists.

But you can't be like a buddhist jew, that's just weird.

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: