Reply to this topicStart new topic
swimming
brooklyneast05
post Aug 7 2009, 12:29 PM
Post #1

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

i've been going swimming a lot lately. i'm going this afternoon again actually. let's talk about swimming

do you like it? do you go often? can you open your eyes under water? do you enjoy swim swimming or just floating around? does diving give you a headache? it gave me one yesterday after a while. do you have a pool? do you wish you had a pool? i'm certain that whenever i "grow up" and own a house i want it to have a pool.

tell me about your swimming habits.

libertie
post Aug 7 2009, 12:33 PM
Post #2

This bag is not a toy.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 583,108

LOL, the last swimsuit I bought was about five years ago, and that year was probably the last time I went swimming. Either I haven't had time for it or I lost interest, probably a combination of both. I don't have a pool, but there's a river that people like to "float".. It's called the Caddo River and people think it's a fun weekend activity to go float the Caddo, meaning you just get an inflatable pool tube and ride it down to the outlet. Usually it takes about an hour to get all the way around. I've done it once, kinda just to say I did it. >.<

Maccabee
post Aug 7 2009, 12:41 PM
Post #3

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 593,382

I love swimming. I'm very slow though. cause im short. I normally only enjoy swimming when im with people. But even when I go with my brothers they ignore me so it doesnt change much. I just kind of like being in the water. And I wear sunglasses so I can just stare at girls for hours. I also practice holding my breath for as long as possible. I can normally make it to like a minute in the summer but once I go to school and then start swimming again I cant hold it as long so I have to practice again. I also do a lot of underwater wrestling and boxing with my brothers. I haven't won once and I have many many bruises from it.

And we have a community pool with lifeguards so I can just go by myself whenever I want.

brooklyneast05
post Aug 7 2009, 12:44 PM
Post #4

I'm Jc

QUOTE(libertie @ Aug 7 2009, 12:33 PM) *
LOL, the last swimsuit I bought was about five years ago, and that year was probably the last time I went swimming. Either I haven't had time for it or I lost interest, probably a combination of both. I don't have a pool, but there's a river that people like to "float".. It's called the Caddo River and people think it's a fun weekend activity to go float the Caddo, meaning you just get an inflatable pool tube and ride it down to the outlet. Usually it takes about an hour to get all the way around. I've done it once, kinda just to say I did it. >.<

it's odd, i don't know if there is a reason but i swear like 60% of girls have "lost interest" in swimming even though they used to really like to go. i speculate that it has something to do with buying swimsuits, but i don't really know.

and as far as floating down rivers...when i first came down south and my uncle said we were going to float down a river i was like what the f*ck kind of hillbilly shit is this? i thought it was fun though, and interesting. i didn't know people did this as like a real activity and it was so legit with like set up places to go rent intertubes and junk. even though once when i went floating there seemed to be a lot of people sitting in rafts drinking beer with confederate flag towels...and yeah, it was really the picture of what you think of when you think of hillbilly southerners.

Joanne
post Aug 7 2009, 12:44 PM
Post #5

Member No: 95,404

I don't think I've gone swimming (as in actually swim laps) since I was 12. That's 7 years ago, haha. And when I did I didn't really like it because I could never swim in a straight line, so I always end up bumping into the divider thingers. It's so sad.

But the real reason I haven't swam since then is because I have extremely sensitive skin; I can't stay in the water too long or else I'd get itchy. sad.gif

brooklyneast05
post Aug 7 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #6

I'm Jc

QUOTE(jcp @ Aug 7 2009, 12:41 PM) *
I love swimming. I'm very slow though. cause im short. I normally only enjoy swimming when im with people. But even when I go with my brothers they ignore me so it doesnt change much. I just kind of like being in the water. And I wear sunglasses so I can just stare at girls for hours. I also practice holding my breath for as long as possible. I can normally make it to like a minute in the summer but once I go to school and then start swimming again I cant hold it as long so I have to practice again. I also do a lot of underwater wrestling and boxing with my brothers. I haven't won once and I have many many bruises from it.

And we have a community pool with lifeguards so I can just go by myself whenever I want.

i used to beat my brother all the time when we were racing because he was a lot smaller than me. he's the same size now though so i have actual competition. i've done a lot of underwater boxing too. wrestling is fun until you think you're going to drown.

QUOTE(Joanne @ Aug 7 2009, 12:44 PM) *
I don't think I've gone swimming (as in actually swim laps) since I was 12. That's 7 years ago, haha. And when I did I didn't really like it because I could never swim in a straight line, so I always end up bumping into the divider thingers. It's so sad.

But the real reason I haven't swam since then is because I have extremely sensitive skin; I can't stay in the water too long or else I'd get itchy. sad.gif

wtf that would suck

Maccabee
post Aug 7 2009, 12:55 PM
Post #7

I have come dangerously close to drowning like 5 times. But it was worth it cause I had always wanted to know what it was like to breath in water. The choking it up is a little more painful.

I have only been to a few indoor pools but I really prefer them. Also I love it when there is a hot tub and a sauna and showers near by. It kind of ties it all together. I will swim for an hour, get in the hot tub for 15 minutes then jump in the pool. It feels great and shrinks your pores. Then ill get in a sauna for 15 minutes take a shower and be done. Not always in that order but I always feel amazing after doing that. When i go to California and stay with my Grandma she has a clubhouse that has all those things and a gym.

brooklyneast05
post Aug 7 2009, 12:58 PM
Post #8

I'm Jc

QUOTE(jcp @ Aug 7 2009, 12:55 PM) *
I have come dangerously close to drowning like 5 times. But it was worth it cause I had always wanted to know what it was like to breath in water. The choking it up is a little more painful.

lol wtf

i think i prefer outdoor pools. i like when it's sunny. it's more fun to me. yesterday when i went it got shady outside the second i got in the pool. hopefully today it stays sunny the whole time.

i love how i feel after i swim. i love the tired exhausted feeling. i love eating after i swim too becuase for some reason i think all the food tastes way better after you've been swimming.

none345678
post Aug 7 2009, 01:03 PM
Post #9

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

Group: People Staff
Member No: 596,480

I used to love swimming, but I really don't like to go anymore. Pretty much because I hate being in a swimsuit. It makes me feel reallllly uncomfortable and paranoid. I remember I used to go to the are club here almost everyday during the summer, now if I do swim I would rather be in a pool at a friends house or something.

Maccabee
post Aug 7 2009, 01:06 PM
Post #10

Dude i know! Even though your not supposed to there is nothing better then swimming for an hour and then eating while submerged in the water... but then you get cramps and burp like crazy.

I think I prefer indoor in Texas because it is 100 degrees like ever day. And the sun is blinding. You can't step outside without glasses because looking at the pavement is like staring into the sun. And I have really sensitive eyes.

Also when it gets really hot, I have had friend telling me that there pool got to like 90 degrees. Then it isnt refreshing anymore!

brooklyneast05
post Aug 7 2009, 01:07 PM
Post #11

I'm Jc

QUOTE(IWontRapeYou @ Aug 7 2009, 01:03 PM) *
I used to love swimming, but I really don't like to go anymore. Pretty much because I hate being in a swimsuit. It makes me feel reallllly uncomfortable and paranoid. I remember I used to go to the are club here almost everyday during the summer, now if I do swim I would rather be in a pool at a friends house or something.

+1 for my theory
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Aug 7 2009, 12:44 PM) *
it's odd, i don't know if there is a reason but i swear like 60% of girls have "lost interest" in swimming even though they used to really like to go. i speculate that it has something to do with buying swimsuits, but i don't really know.

yeah i've been staying with my uncle's family and they're good friends with these people like 3 houses down. so we go swimming over there, which is nice because it's just us. although i don't mind public pools either. although i don't like when there is a million people becuase it's just annoying. but earlier in the summer i would go swim at the gym i go to even though it's indoors and i prefer outdoors.

QUOTE(jcp @ Aug 7 2009, 01:06 PM) *
Dude i know! Even though your not supposed to there is nothing better then swimming for an hour and then eating while submerged in the water... but then you get cramps and burp like crazy.
Also when it gets really hot, I have had friend telling me that there pool got to like 90 degrees. Then it isnt refreshing anymore!

yeah yesterday the pool was like 86 and it wasn't that great because it was too hot. 80-82ish is perfect for me.

drinksmokefuck
post Aug 7 2009, 01:12 PM
Post #12

Group: Member
Member No: 733,315

JC, stop lying, we all know black people hate the water

yeah i just moved into my new appartment, it has a outside pool so i try to go as much as possible. always loved swimming as a kid, and im pretty sure i can beat michael phelps in a 50m freestyle competition with a slight head start

brooklyneast05
post Aug 7 2009, 01:13 PM
Post #13

I'm Jc

QUOTE(drinksmokef*ck @ Aug 7 2009, 01:12 PM) *
JC, stop lying, we all know black people hate the water

not this one. even though i know a lot who do, but they're stupid.

libertie
post Aug 7 2009, 01:22 PM
Post #14

This bag is not a toy.

Member No: 583,108

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Aug 7 2009, 12:44 PM) *
i didn't know people did this as like a real activity and it was so legit with like set up places to go rent intertubes and junk.

Yeah, there's a canoe and tube rental place right by the river. You drive past it and there's normal civilization right there with it - Taco Bell, Wendy's, McDonald's, some hotels and gas stations, etc. One of the gas stations has an air pump, and on the weekends you see cars lined up at that gas station to fill up their pool toys with air.. It's kinda sad.

drinksmokefuck
post Aug 7 2009, 01:23 PM
Post #15

hey, what are all you guy's best stroke?

brooklyneast05
post Aug 7 2009, 01:26 PM
Post #16

I'm Jc

hate the butterfly. i remember having to do it in swimming lessons and it was the dumbest shit ever to me. i never cared for hardly any stroke besides just a normal front crawl one.

drinksmokefuck
post Aug 7 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #17

hahha, do you just hate it cause you weren't good at it? i got the same feeling

brooklyneast05
post Aug 7 2009, 01:30 PM
Post #18

I'm Jc

yeah pretty much. i think it's a really awkward way to swim.

transcendentalis...
post Aug 7 2009, 01:35 PM
Post #19

sleep now, moon

Member No: 526,212

I f*ckING LOVE SWIMMING
I wish I had a pool :( Though I guess it wouldn't be that much of a difference because I just love swimming laps. I used to open my eyes underwater before my vision didn't start sucking, and I have recently, but meh.. why make my eyes feel funky if I can just wear goggles? and then I invested in my goggles haha.. kind of. We always used to get the cheapass Kiefer or Speedo goggles that cost a couple bucks, but then I saved up when I was in middle school and bought some nice ones haha. AND I STILL HAVE THEm and they're beautiful

I'm gonna like this topic. :3

karmakiller
post Aug 7 2009, 01:41 PM
Post #20

DDR \\ I'm Dee :)

Member No: 384,020

I'm a terrible swimmer, which is why I don't like to go swimming. I think I'd need some lessons before I tried to do it again, haha. One time when I was little and at a hotel pool my brother pushed me into the deep end and I was so scared, because I didn't know how to swim. When he noticed that I wasn't going anywhere he stopped laughing and came in to get me :(

QUOTE(Joanne @ Aug 7 2009, 12:44 PM) *

I get that way if I'm in a pool. I hated swimming in high school because the pool has so much chlorine in it. The hallways near the pool would smell so bad and make your eyes water if stayed too long.

none345678
post Aug 7 2009, 01:43 PM
Post #21

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

lol I never had lessons. One day I just decided to take of my little arm floaties and hope I didn't start to drown.

Maccabee
post Aug 7 2009, 01:55 PM
Post #22

I really like the backstroke. But the pool is always crowded and I have bumped into fat ladies a few times sad.gif

How far can you swim underwater?

none345678
post Aug 7 2009, 02:07 PM
Post #23

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

I was on a swim team for about 3 years, but I quit for the reason above. Plus the coach was a damn weirdo.

brooklyneast05
post Aug 7 2009, 03:52 PM
Post #24

I'm Jc

i just got back from swimming. it was f*cking great.

yeah i didn't take lessons to learn how to swim really. my mom just randomly thought it would be a good idea to force me to one summer when i was 12/13ish. i guess i did learn some stuff like different strokes though.

Maccabee
post Aug 7 2009, 03:57 PM
Post #25

I don't get the deal with babies not being able to swim. How hard is it. Why are humans losing their instincts... then again, i did use floaty arms. But once I had them on I taught myself to swim.

One time I put them on my feet hoping that I would be able to walk across the water.

I almost died.

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: