5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
elementary school book topic, pokes at Justin and Kristina
*tweeak*
post Sep 19 2005, 08:07 PM
Post #26

My reading level was always insanley broad and high (in 8th grade I went from 5.3 to college level) so I could really read whatever I wanted and no one gave a damn. After first grade, I rarely ever read a book in my grade level

I liked Little House too. And Dear Americas. Motsly anything historical fiction, and fantasy so long as it wasn't too lame

technicolour
post Sep 19 2005, 08:08 PM
Post #27

show me a garden thats bursting to life

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 115,987

^ College books were teh funnest shtuff ever.

I felt bad..i've always been more advanced. People were mad at me..

Don't be hatin'...

Yesh.

*tweeak*
post Sep 19 2005, 08:10 PM
Post #28

Really? Mad at you why? I was always advaned, so I always made friends with people who were even further ahead than me. I did well, but the people ahead of me were always people I liked. Now I'm not ahead at all. I Do better than most in language arts, but suck in everything else right now

*lolita kitty*
post Sep 19 2005, 08:12 PM
Post #29

i liked the beverly cleary series [bezus and ramona], the amazing days of abby hayes, the magic tree house, amelia bedilia...

technicolour
post Sep 19 2005, 08:14 PM
Post #30

LMAO! English right now is the only core class i'm not failing.

But..they would just get mad. I'd always finish my work extremely early..and idk. They were jealous. har har.

*tweeak*
post Sep 19 2005, 08:19 PM
Post #31

I was like that for a lot of middle and elementary, and then I got to high school and died. My reading level has actually gone down a lot, too. At least my speed and comprehension. Now I'm fairly dumb. I'm failing my second favorite class (history) because of a couple stupid things, and I'm astoundingly bad at math.

We got grades back on some papers in language arts, and my friend and I begged for ours early. She got 92, I got 88, I thought I did ok, but that they were graded really easily. Turned out the rest of the class all failed. Most of them didn't even pass with the 10 AP points, so I felt good, because I had BSed that thing

technicolour
post Sep 19 2005, 08:21 PM
Post #32

QUOTE(tweeak @ Sep 19 2005, 8:19 PM)
I was like that for a lot of middle and elementary, and then I got to high school and died. My reading level has actually gone down a lot, too. At least my speed and comprehension. Now I'm fairly dumb. I'm failing my second favorite class (history)

THOSE ARE THE TWO CLASSES IM FAILING!

I'm only failing history cause I didn't know if I needed to write a whole essay on a "short answer" question. Seriously. And it was on a test. And..i was too stupid to ask.

nfudska;bfdafndsa

AP Points?

sadolakced acid
post Sep 19 2005, 08:22 PM
Post #33

dripping destruction

Member No: 21,929

ahh, AR.

said i was college level in 6th grade.

wtf, i said.

i only started reading in like 1st grade... and i went from one line picture books to chapter books in a year.

*tweeak*
post Sep 19 2005, 08:24 PM
Post #34

Wow, this is so wierd!

I got a 68 (or 78...) on a test because I'd spent the weekend studying precal which I thought was more important because I'm worse at it, and then I failed the pop quiz that was supposed to help our grades because I got a day behind on taking my notes. dskhkhsedkthjlik. He hasn't graded any essays yet. Those might help me...

Yeah, I hate how every teacher requires different things for different types of questions. I have essay and multiple choice tests separately now, since it's preparation for AP

Because I'm taking AP language and US history, I get 10 points added onto my grade in those classes

Justin, I think I was 12+ in 6th grade too. I started reading early though. Not like my sister who's in second and can't read worth shit

technicolour
post Sep 19 2005, 08:26 PM
Post #35

This IS starting to creep me out a bit.

Holy crap. I spent the night before my history test studying for my geometry...

oh.my.gosh.

I'm officially freaked out.

I got a 63... pinch.gif

me1issaaaa
post Sep 19 2005, 08:30 PM
Post #36

Group: Official Member
Member No: 18,393

BOX CAR CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif blush.gif

Gee golly wiz, I forgot all about them. Oooohhhhh. I miss the second grade. My teacher would read to us. ]: FUDGEpop @&%$*!.
I want to reeeeeaaaaaaad those again. This is making me super hyper. Ahh, sweet reminiscing. (Is that a word? Oh, screw it. You know what I mean.)

technicolour
post Sep 19 2005, 08:32 PM
Post #37

^ lol isn't this thread great?

I'm procastinating...

I really need to read for history. So i dont fail another test..

But still. BOXCAR CHILDREN!

Im proud to say that I own the whole set. happy.gif Bought them as a kid, and never regreted it.

I love...oh..I think it's called Mystery ranch? Ah it's purple.

*tweeak*
post Sep 19 2005, 08:35 PM
Post #38

HOLY SHIT!

this is getting to be one freaky connection. I'm trying to study for a history test too!! ohmy.gif

I never bought the Boxcar Children books, and sadly my sisters have no taste and never read them. Or anything good, for that matter. They really are stupid.

I don't remember what I got on that precal test, I'm thinking 62

sadolakced acid
post Sep 19 2005, 08:37 PM
Post #39

dripping destruction

well i'm doing my physics lab.

technicolour
post Sep 19 2005, 08:37 PM
Post #40

QUOTE(tweeak @ Sep 19 2005, 8:35 PM)
HOLY SHIT!

this is getting to be one freaky connection. I'm trying to study for a history test too!! ohmy.gif

I never bought the Boxcar Children books, and sadly my sisters have no taste and never read them. Or anything good, for that matter. They really are stupid.

I don't remember what I got on that precal test, I'm thinking 62

Oh. My. God. I'm SOO freaked out right now.

Psshh those books were awesome.

This is starting to scare me.

When the heck am i ever going to know about buddhism and hinduism? It's just...fidusanf;d

they're quite confusing.

[ no offense to anyone who is one of those religions. i'm an american and dont understand things..so..justcha letcha know ]

*tweeak*
post Sep 19 2005, 08:43 PM
Post #41

QUOTE(sadolakced acid @ Sep 19 2005, 8:37 PM)
well i'm doing my physics lab.

Oh hell, I have to finish one of those too. Physics was really easy thus far, but I don't know what's going on with these distance and velocity graph things. It seems like you're basically just plotting points and stating the obvious.

It really is scary !

What history are you taking? I was actually pretty good with religions and stuff last year in world, but now that I'm in American, everything is boring and I don't care. Plus, I like my oold teacher's teaching style better. If only I'd taken pre-IB and could have taken History of the Americas with him...

Hm, I haven't done my math homework yet either. I really don't understand why we have to take 6 week tests.

technicolour
post Sep 19 2005, 08:46 PM
Post #42

Wait..you're in england right? what time is it there?

or..if i'm wrong..just ignore that.

But fidsafd..i just need to re-read the chapter..take some notes, memory notes, over it..and then..just...hope i dont forget it.

I'm missing prisonbreak too..damn..oh well im taping it.

ANG33ZY
post Sep 19 2005, 08:47 PM
Post #43

skaters gonna skate.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 6,336

I liked Goosebumps

technicolour
post Sep 19 2005, 08:49 PM
Post #44

^ lmao thank you for the randomness.

*tweeak*
post Sep 19 2005, 08:51 PM
Post #45

Nope, James (racoons > you) is in England. I'm in Georgia.

I need to reread 8 chapters...by Wednesday. Because, of course we can;t just test on the new stuff. Oh no, because it's a 6 week test it has to incluse the other 5 chapters as well _dry.gif So much bullshit. I want to go back to wooooooooorld history *whines*

I missed Arrested Development. I was going to record it, but then I figured I could just watch. Then I didn't remember it till half an hour too late, just like my friend's birthday party at the Cheesecake Factory this afternoon that I'm very annoyed I missed. I've never ridden in a limo before...Dammit

technicolour
post Sep 19 2005, 08:55 PM
Post #46

CHEESECAKE!

Wow that stuff is great.

I thought you were in England too. oops.

but hfdiod;sanfd i hate homework. I am SO going to watch CSI: Miami..lie to my parents and say i read it..but really i'm just going to stay up and do it.
Besides. I can blame it on the coke.

God...i'm not really a bad kid..I just..wanna watch csi. Is that such a crime?

[ arrested development = hilarious. everytime they play this commercial talking about tom cruise, i crack up laughing. ]

sadolakced acid
post Sep 19 2005, 09:25 PM
Post #47

dripping destruction

QUOTE(tweeak @ Sep 19 2005, 8:43 PM)
Oh hell, I have to finish one of those too. Physics was really easy thus far, but I don't know what's going on with these distance and velocity graph things. It seems like you're basically just plotting points and stating the obvious.

It really is scary !

What history are you taking? I was actually pretty good with religions and stuff last year in world, but now that I'm in American, everything is boring and I don't care. Plus, I like my oold teacher's teaching style better. If only I'd taken pre-IB and could have taken History of the Americas with him...

Hm, I haven't done my math homework yet either. I really don't understand why we have to take 6 week tests.

well, i'm in Ap physics so this is a force lab and i have to calculate the acceleration of various masses on an air track...

yea...

not that much fun.

*tweeak*
post Sep 19 2005, 09:36 PM
Post #48

We're not allowed to take AP physics till we take normal. Tis dumb. I wouldn't anyway, though.

I've never seen arrested development..I har it's funny though. My SNL fan friends love it because Amy Poehler's husband is in it

I've never been to the Cheescake Factory...or been in a limo before fallen.gif I'm so mad that I have such an awful memory

Eh, I've been online all day instead of studying. I never sleep.

I WANT TO FINISH CATCH-22!!!!!!!!!!!!

sandy_lumpy_shor...
post Sep 19 2005, 10:06 PM
Post #49

Group: Member
Member No: 57,580

QUOTE(mzkandi @ Sep 19 2005, 7:07 PM)
Out of that list, Nancy Drew and Goosebumps. Some others were, Sweet Valley High and The Babysitters Club.

The babysitters club it the shit! lol Junnie B Jones. "My name is Junie B Jones. The B stands for beatrice but i dont like betrice. Just B thats all"

she was kinda annoying but its all good.

technicolour
post Sep 20 2005, 06:03 PM
Post #50

Wow. History. Religions. That was a piece of cake.

[trying to make this topic more alive...]

Ok. I remembered one series..and i swear...this is going to make you laugh.

It was Hank the Cow Dog. I was such a dork.

But they were good... ermm.gif

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: