Group: Official Member
Member No: 667,832

why??

creole
post Aug 5 2010, 01:55 PM
Post #30

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 676,364

I can understand that it's not like other FF games in the series, but it offered something different than the others.

Uronacid
post Aug 6 2010, 07:28 AM
Post #31

Member No: 555,438

Don't get me started...

1. The first several hours of this game are made up of a long, drawn-out tutorial. This wouldn't be an issue if the concepts they were introducing were complex, but the concepts were extremely easy to understand. In fact, the game practically plays itself anyway. This leads me to #2.

2. This game practically plays itself. There's so little skill involved while playing this game that it's borderline watching a movie. This wouldn't be a problem if it didn't have....

3. A predictable, borring, over-dramatic, stretched-out storyline... What are you left with at that point? People are oppressed by, something. Unlikely cast of heros attempt to save world. How could this get any worse? It can...

4. The characters are stupid:
Lighting: We have a chick who thinks she's the shit. Her heart has been harded by the loss of her sister and (spoiler, not...) she used to work for the "bad" guys.
Sazh: A black guy who sounds like he was dubbed by a white guy. He's also trying WAAAAAY to hard to act like a street rat. He's got a bird in his afro?!
Snow: The strong willed male character who believes he can do anything by facing problems head on.
Hope: The stupid boy who looses his mom and is trying to find his purpose... he's a downer.
Oerba: The stupid girl who always finds herself in trouble and never thinks anything of it. She might be retarded.

I liked FF12 and I was seriously looking forward to this game, but as trailers and gameplay videos appeared I became less and less interested. Anyway, we purchased the game for our PS3... and it sucked... as expected...

Playing FF is like watching Avatar for 50+ hours. Yeah, the graphics were incredible for a console title, but the storyline, gameplay, and characters are all predictable or borring.

creole
post Aug 6 2010, 09:46 AM
Post #32

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 676,364

Yeah i agree with you for most of them, the storyline and the whole gameplay was the main weakness point of the game. Most ff fans just play the games for the storyline, but it actually gets a little bit better in the after game, ie. fighting shao long guis that actually require some strategy without pressing the auto-battle functions, fighting the last boss of the 64 side missions, fighting in the titan's area.

overall, yeah it wasn't that great, but you can't argue with how the music was soo good. :)

Uronacid
post Aug 6 2010, 10:18 AM
Post #33

Member No: 555,438

QUOTE(Cum @ Aug 6 2010, 10:46 AM) *
Yeah i agree with you for most of them, the storyline and the whole gameplay was the main weakness point of the game. Most ff fans just play the games for the storyline, but it actually gets a little bit better in the after game, ie. fighting shao long guis that actually require some strategy without pressing the auto-battle functions, fighting the last boss of the 64 side missions, fighting in the titan's area.
overall, yeah it wasn't that great, but you can't argue with how the music was soo good. :)

If you build your characters properly you can auto-battle 90% of the game. The stratgey is far to simple in this game. The majority of the stratgey revolves around changing your tactics when an enemy preforms a certain action. This does not keep me engaged... very little thinking involved. You're not outsmarting anything.

The music and graphics were fine. This title is a prime example of how you can produce a bad game with good aesthetics.

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: