Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE., just because everyone else does it...
Rating 4 V
mipadi
post Apr 7 2010, 01:31 PM
Post #126

Group: Administrator
Member No: 639,265

QUOTE(doughnut @ Apr 7 2010, 01:17 PM) *
quoted from wikipedia.

So? Rich Americans aren't dying.

Tomates
post Apr 7 2010, 03:40 PM
Post #127

poison

Group: Official Member
Member No: 629,020

QUOTE(doughnut @ Apr 7 2010, 01:17 PM) *
and this matters because? you sound whiny when you say you're not the only one. dont be hating because we're the 2nd healthiest place in the world with a very well developed healthcare system.

K. You're sounding more whinier. And besides, i put a question mark making clear that i was unsure. I dont think that was me being whiny whatsoever. I'm not haiting because you're the "second healthiest place in the world with a very well developed healthcare system" honestly i dont give much of hoot.
I'm just saying this healthcare is going to cause a lot of trouble for Americans. Maybe not for you guys, but for us since its such a huge change.

datass
post Apr 9 2010, 02:24 AM
Post #128

(′ ・ω・`)

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 72,477

http://www.visualeconomics.com/healthcare-...rld_2010-03-01/

Reidar
post Apr 9 2010, 08:01 PM
Post #129

Vae Victis

Group: Official Member
Member No: 460,227

The argument that food isn't as much a necessity because there are so many fatties and we could all use smaller portions anyways is really nonsensical. There are millions of homeless people in the United States. If you want to cite the juxtaposition between the supposed American standard of living versus the reality of the health care system then you cannot ignore the exact same dichotomy between the first part of that versus the reality of how many people go hungry here each day.

I'm for public health care but against calling it a right. A right isn't the defining delineation between what is and isn't necessary - there are lots of fundamental, basic services that aren't rights. Designating something a right, to me, should be reserved for innate paradigms that are transcendent in the philosophical sense. The corollary is also true; a right isn't always a necessity. I can certainly live a healthy, functional life without the right of free speech and expression.

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: