Resource Center Links

This Month's Contests | Hosts Looking for Hostees | Hostees looking for Hosts | Big Book of Resources

Submission Guidelines

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do most people use v2.0 now for myspace?
twodreamlovers
post Jun 24 2010, 09:23 AM
Post #1

always<3.

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 387,714

I get a lot of requests for Myspace layouts and I'm not sure which version I should make it in. Do most people use v2.0 now or should I stick with making layouts for v1.0?
I'm probably not gonna make one layout that's usable for both versions.

Mikeplyts
post Jun 24 2010, 02:13 PM
Post #2

Mel Blanc was allergic to carrots.

Member No: 676,291

I'm not entirely sure, but the way I see it is that anyone who signed up after April something last year (or two years ago, I don't even know anymore) are destined to be stuck with the Myspace Profile 2.0 version (that goes for everyone who signs up now, too). However, Myspace is becoming pretty dead (hell, we may as well just call it dead) so it's a possibility that there's a lot more Myspace Profile 1.0 version profiles out there.

Your best bet is just to learn how to code in both profile versions and when someone requests something, just ask them which profile version they want you to code (it's not really a big deal most of the time; they usually just tell you without a problem or they'll tell you in the request itself).

creole
post Jun 29 2010, 08:29 PM
Post #3

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 676,364

I think 1.0 is the best option if you're into the good ol' coding and it's much easier to have your layouts happen.

In my opinion, 2.0 can be achieved like any other 1.0, it's just the extra coding needed to be applied. Most of my friends use 2.0, but maybe that's because they're too lazy to spend time designing their layouts like the old days. I think switching to and designing for 2.0 is a better option because a good population of Myspacers either can't go back to 1.0 or they just prefer 2.0's simplicity.

twodreamlovers
post Jun 29 2010, 09:42 PM
Post #4

always<3.

Member No: 387,714

i don't even know if i should keep making layouts for myspace cause most people now use facebook or twitter...
maybe i can focus on createblog layouts?

Mikeplyts
post Jun 29 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #5

Mel Blanc was allergic to carrots.

Member No: 676,291

Yeah, good luck with that.

What you should do is start designing website templates. Hell, maybe even Tumblr themes. Tumblr is a pretty large blogging site, and it has a very customizable markup. Also, perhaps LiveJournal or Blogger, but I'm not too sure about those two.

none345678
post Jun 29 2010, 09:57 PM
Post #6

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

Group: People Staff
Member No: 596,480

Go with v2 more people have it. I'd move on to web templates and Tumblr (even though we can't submit them to CB cuz we suck). Myspace is still the big thing here though. I am pretty sure they still get the most attention.

heyo-captain-jac...
post Jun 29 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #7

/人◕‿‿◕人\

Group: Official Member
Member No: 602,927

pretty much the only groups to use myspace regularly now are bands, so look into band layouts.

emarielayouts
post Jan 8 2011, 07:42 PM
Post #8

Group: Human
Member No: 770,966

Band layouts on myspace are a big thing since they are willing to pay money to promote their site. If people are asking for layouts, you should ask them which version they have. I still have a 1.0 going on my personal profile, but now they have the new '3.0' version going on. You should keep up to date with the coding and slowly figure the myspace out. Facebook, you can't really customize very well so I would stick with Website and Blogging templates to keep yourself out there.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: