Reply to this topicStart new topic
Quad Riding, or dirt bikes, dune buggies -> desert sports
xxxSiERRAxxx
post Feb 25 2006, 01:42 AM
Post #1

"lal! laugh a little!"

Group: Member
Member No: 364,863

How many of you love to ride your quad, ATC, dirt bike, or dune buggies?

I know I aboslutely LOVE to ride my quad...its the love of my life (D*MN I need to get out..).

Does anybody have any cool stories to tell about your desert sport? Or do you for somee reason think that it shouldn't be qualified as a sport at all?

Okay...lets just talk about desert sports...

Oh yeah...I fell off my quad a couple weeks (okay months) ago and I had to be on crutches...dang that hurt :( Well...it was just karma for stopping to fast in front of Cheryl...causing her to flip over...

Well just because I'm bored I'll tell you the whole story...

Okay, so it was the Saturday morning after we came in. Cheryl (Brother's girlfriend), Kara (sister), Thomas (brother) and I (thats me) decided to go for a ride. When we found some hills, Thomas and Kara went crazy (cuz thats what they are...crazy), so me and Cherl just sat there on our quads saying, "GOSH those two are crazies!!" So when we decided to leave, we all headed up to go on the top of this hill. I was following Thomas and Kara going at a pretty good speed - but saw the steep and sudden drop and slammed on my brakes (Okay, its a quad...I uh...pressed on my brakes). But Cheryl was obviously right behind me - her quad slammed into mine, she flipped off the handle bars, and luckily, was only a foot down the slope. But the flag broke, and we said, "No problem!" and Thomas offered to carry it. So we were on the last road to get home, and Thomas dropped the flag. BTW, I was pretty much gunning it as fast as I could. Thomas drops the flag, Kara stops. You know what that means. BOOM!!!!!! I crash into Kara's quad. Cheryl crashes into my quad (again) and me and Cheryl both flip over our own handle bars. When I was falling, I managed to kick my quad hard enough to start rolling (I don't know if that's how it happened...I just remember I was under the quad and kicking it yelling GET OFF OF ME YOU FREAKING QUAD!) on me. When I was finally out from under it, I yelled a good long scream, and God my knee hurt so much. Everyone was like, "Come on Sierra I'll help you up" UGGGH That was the last thing I wanted to do. I just wanted to fall asleep on the desert sand. So as I was finally getting up - uh oh! Ranger! A ranger drives by and asked what was happening. My brother said, "Oh we just had a little accident". So they start talking, and I'm managing my way over to the right side of my quad (I hurt my left knee), so I could put all my weight on my right foot as I swung my left over the quad. When the ranger asked me how old I was, Kara whispered to me (and of course it wasn't very quiet - all of you desert people know how hard it is to hear with a helmet on), "Just tell a lie!" In the words of George Washington, I can not tell a lie. Well, I admit, I have told a couple lies..but dang this lady scared me. So I said, "I'm eleven". She asked me if I had taken the training course, and I replied with a no. Haha....Thomas was asked for his ID and all of that...that was the funny thing :P But when I got back to the RV I had to sit in it all day (D*MN was it hot!) and do my cross stitch :( At the end of the day, I tried going on a little ride...I was afraid to do even the littlest hills. I felt sooooo horrible cuz I was holding everybody back :(((( But there was a lot of rocks on that hill...and even the littlest bump hurt my knee, throwing off all of my driving - and I absolutely did not want that to happen on a slope of any kind :\

Sorry, that was really long.

--Sierra

jeung
post Apr 4 2006, 03:21 PM
Post #2

ed

Member No: 387,470

moved to interests -> sports forum

IceCream4U
post Apr 5 2006, 06:11 PM
Post #3

victim of myspace.com

Member No: 386,435

soo...does anyone here do a desert sport??

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: