Reply to this topicStart new topic
PLEASE help me, I really don't know what to do.
boomchikapow
post Oct 29 2009, 06:10 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 746,082

On Sunday, my dad came home with a speeding ticket (70 mph in a 55 zone). My mom went ballistic because if you get 3 infractions within the 18-month period (no matter what the total of your points end up to be), the DMB suspends your license for 6 months. My dad's a trucker. If he loses his license, we're pretty much effed up.

I haven't slept since Sunday. Why? College. That's a good enough answer. What happens when you don't sleep for three days? Well, I think that's self explanatory.

Here's where the problem begins: My mom told me that she and I had to go to the DMV or Insurance or wherever the heck she said (I can't even remember) to make some sort of plea or something Tuesday night. I just said "sure, no prob" and, well... I went to sleep.

My mom started nagging at me about sleeping in that day. I don't have any classes and I haven't slept in two days. I think I earned a day to sleep in. And then she starts ranting about how the devil creates laziness in your heart and all this religious stuff and that's when I basicaly told her that I needed to sleep and relocated. That was around 8-ish.

She woke me up 9:30-ish and started saying stuff like, "You and your dad are all the same -- do you think I'm some sort of slave or something around here? You know what? I don't care whether or not your dad's license gets suspended and if he loses his job -- we'll all starve and die together." She goes on about this for like 5 minutes and then she gets really mad at me and says, "I don't have time to go to the DMV/insurance/whatever so you go with your dad, okay? From now on, you two do what you want to do by yourselves -- I'm done with you both."

And she went out to do grocery shopping.

So by now, I'm pissed as effing hell and I don't argue back with my mom because she and I are one and the same. Once we start arguing about something, we stick to it and refuse to back down. (extreme stubbornness) So I've learned to keep my mouth shut around her because I always say things that I regret anyway. (explosive temper... - -; )

I leave the house and don't come back until 9-ish. I don't pick up calls, etc. I'm a princess so my mom usually picks me up when it's late, but yesterday I had to take the bus home. I'm totally not used to it and I freak out when people even bump into me on the train (paranoia much? - -; ) and the bus driver thought I was harassed on the way to the bus and asked if I was okay, which made me almost freak out again. Yes, I'm pathetic. Go on, laugh.

ANYWAY. So I get home, my dad's like "blah blah blah we needed you & you weren't there blah blah blah". My mom TOTALLY ignored me. Like no glance or anything. She won't talk to me, look at me, etc. So I'm just pissed and upset because I'm the family princess who's spoiled as fck. And I'm a "thinker"/brooder, not a runner, so when I'm faced with a problem I don't run from it -- I keep thinking about it over and over and it distracts me from everything.

omfg She just dumped the coffee I made this morning and made a new pot herself. WTF. See? It's little things like that that she does just to piss me off a little more.

This is a long post so I'm gonna cut it short.

What should I do? Should I put some distance between us for a while? Should I confront her? She's the type where I can talk on and on and she'll act like she didn't hear me. I honestly don't know why she's mad at me -- I admit that disappearing like that is drastic, but seriously. I could've done worse things.

WHAT SHOULD I DO. I'm about to lose my mind here, really. UGH.

hypnotique
post Oct 29 2009, 06:28 PM
Post #2

Live long and prosper.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 478,024

wow your mom is a drama queen... Jesus christ.

heyo-captain-jac...
post Oct 29 2009, 06:34 PM
Post #3

/人◕‿‿◕人\

Group: Official Member
Member No: 602,927

Argue. Tell here I, representing the internet in it's entirety, called her a bitch.

karmakiller
post Oct 29 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #4

DDR \\ I'm Dee :)

Group: Mentor
Member No: 384,020

Tell her to get a better job so that she doesn't complain about the "what if". Don't ignore her calls when you're away, because you never know what they're about. If she's calling you to complain tell her you'll deal with it when you get home. She's being petty... my older brother used to do this to me all the time when he would get pissed about little things. She probably wants you to start something so that she can turn it around and tell you how ungrateful you are, but don't give her a reason to complain about you. Maybe you have to treat her like that little child who does annoying things for attention and ignore it. Let her approach you and apologize for acting the way that she has. Maybe she has a lot going on her life and if you two don't normally talk you may not know the whole situation (giving her the benefit of the doubt here) and once things cool down a bit she may approach you.

Amaranthus
post Oct 29 2009, 10:28 PM
Post #5

Fellatio.

Member No: 511,775

I'd give you helpful advice, but I can't get over the fact that you deliberately ignored their calls. Like Dee said, it could have been relatively important.

kryogenix
post Oct 31 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #6

Sarcastic Mr. Know-It-All

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 29

lol DMB

Department of Motor Behicles

brooklyneast05
post Oct 31 2009, 01:10 PM
Post #7

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

i don't even get the big deal. she annoyed you or something becasue you wanted to sleep in an she was bitching at you. that just sounds like a normal mother to me. they needed you to do something so you decided to disappear and not answer their calls or anything all day? yeah, i feel so sorry for you, your life is awful, what an injustice you've endured

i also don't get the point where you say

So I'm just pissed and upset because I'm the family princess who's spoiled as fck. And I'm a "thinker"/brooder, not a runner, so when I'm faced with a problem I don't run from it -- I keep thinking about it over and over and it distracts me from everything.

the first sentence is just weird lol, and the second part is confusing becuase didn't you just get done saying that basically ran away all day and ignored them???

lol wtfffffffffff. whole thing makes no sense, but since you say you're a princess who is spoiled as f*ck then i have to agree based on this bizarre story. it seems like it would be obvious why she's mad at you. as your dad said, they needed you and you weren't there, and on top of that you ignored the calls all day......parents get mad at that shit on a regular basis

LittleMissSunshi...
post Nov 1 2009, 10:36 PM
Post #8

rawr?

Member No: 285,858

^whut he said.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: