Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

18 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE
Rating 1 V
*jeanna*
post Nov 23 2007, 10:52 PM
Post #76

QUOTE(xfrodobagginsx @ Nov 23 2007, 11:14 PM) *
Approx. 1 out of 10 people who read this first post pray that prayer to God, so it's reaching many people. Even so, you aren't forced to come here. Kindly move on to the next thread. Are you offended by other people who talk about religion, or just Christians?

people who spams about every 387,574 boards saying the same thing is not "reaching" people. how about YOU stop spamming the internet boards with things that aren't relevant like a football forum or weight lifting site.

you're annoying people because you think shoving down "facts" down people's throats is teaching anyone anything and anyone who thinks differently is going to be condemned to hell.

this has no debate side. it's completely one sided and that's why it pisses ME off.

oh and of course you're a holy and great person while everyone else is horrible. ok.

Spirited Away
post Nov 24 2007, 12:29 AM
Post #77

Quand j'étais jeune...

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 1,272

QUOTE(SoEffinMajor @ Nov 23 2007, 08:34 PM) *
NO!!!! That is not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is don't bash him & don't be rude to him for trying to enlighten a specific group of people...Those being people interested in getting to heaven.

... a simple no is understood, thank you, I am not blind. You said he doesn't think he meant any harm nor was he trying to offend anyone. The thing is, if he didn't meant to offend, he shouldn't even be talking about religion. We were all told to avoid discussing politics or religion for a good reason: they cause conflict.

Telling people not to bash him when he has offended them, whether indirectly or directly, or if he didn't even mean it, is unrealistic. Yes, people should be a bit nicer, but considering the way he began this topic and how he's been responding, you can't really expect people to hug him and welcome him with open arms.

QUOTE(xfrodobagginsx @ Nov 23 2007, 09:14 PM) *
Approx. 1 out of 10 people who read this first post pray that prayer to God, so it's reaching many people. Even so, you aren't forced to come here. Kindly move on to the next thread. Are you offended by other people who talk about religion, or just Christians?

I never once said you forced me to read your posts, so don't worry about my feeling coerced to do anything. Rather, I read your thread because I'm inclinced to hear what you have to say about Christianity and whether it makes sense. If it doesn't, I have a personal obligation to question it or rectify it. Moving on from these topics things will eventually dull my mind. I feel like I should apologize for being "unkind" but since I don't think I did anything wrong, I will not.

To answer your question, I am offended by people who don't know everything about religion but try to act like they do. Look, I have no problem with you preaching, but that what you preach seems incomplete. That, and I just don't like your attitude (it's okay if the feeling's mutual, I will not take it against you personally).

Don't play the "you guys are ganging up on me because I'm Christian" card, please. As you can see, Podo is a Christian and made a thread in this very forum and I applaud him for it. Though I don't agree with his answers, they are true to his beliefs and they don't come off as arrogant. You are the exact opposite.

You still haven't answer to my question. Stop beating around the bush and try to make me look like a bully when I'm asking you a legitimate question. If you can't answer it, then just say it. And, if you can, please enlighten me. I love to learn about religion.

This post has been edited by Spirited Away: Nov 24 2007, 12:55 AM

monster
post Nov 24 2007, 01:02 AM
Post #78

Group: Banned
Member No: 11,810

QUOTE(xfrodobagginsx @ Nov 18 2007, 02:59 PM) *
If you prayed that prayer from your heart to God, and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

HERESY.

How do you even know that that person will go to Heaven? Do you know God's mind? Do you know the full extent of his plan for each and every human being who reads and prays this?

No. You are wrong. You are spreading a false teaching just like the other fake preachers. Stop what you're doing now.

*Steven*
post Nov 24 2007, 03:07 AM
Post #79

Just get a warlock to summon you

NoSex
post Nov 24 2007, 07:34 AM
Post #80

in the reverb chamber.

Member No: 300,308

QUOTE(Steven @ Nov 24 2007, 02:07 AM) *
Just get a warlock to summon you

Black magic is so metal.

jesusisthebestth...
post Nov 24 2007, 05:19 PM
Post #81

well, if practice makes perfect then im relaxin at rehearsal

Group: Member
Member No: 529,475

QUOTE(monster @ Nov 23 2007, 09:56 PM) *
He's not enlightening anyone.

i said "trying" lol

xfrodobagginsx
post Nov 28 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #82

Member No: 592,175

QUOTE(monster @ Nov 24 2007, 01:02 AM) *
HERESY.

How do you even know that that person will go to Heaven? Do you know God's mind? Do you know the full extent of his plan for each and every human being who reads and prays this?

No. You are wrong. You are spreading a false teaching just like the other fake preachers. Stop what you're doing now.

Yes!! I DO know the mind of Christ. It's called the bible. That's how I know. Preaching what the bible says isn't heresy. You use NO scriptures to back up your false arguement and call ME a heretic? Dust off your bible and start reading the mind of Christ.

*jeanna*
post Nov 28 2007, 12:41 PM
Post #83

QUOTE(xfrodobagginsx @ Nov 28 2007, 01:18 PM) *
Yes!! I DO know the mind of Christ. It's called the bible. That's how I know. Preaching what the bible says isn't heresy. You use NO scriptures to back up your false arguement and call ME a heretic? Dust off your bible and start reading the mind of Christ.

go back to a football forum and tell the word of whatever.

maybe they will be more interested rolleyes.gif

Spirited Away
post Nov 28 2007, 01:30 PM
Post #84

Quand j'étais jeune...

QUOTE(xfrodobagginsx @ Nov 28 2007, 11:18 AM) *

Hey you. Answer my questions, please.

Also, to claim that you know the mind of Christ. Haha, that's funny. So, what's God thinking... right now?

And, you, the authors of the Bible did not record God's mind, they recorded His Words. The Bible isn't called the Mind of God, but it is called the Word of God.

Get it right, will ya?

This post has been edited by Spirited Away: Nov 28 2007, 09:28 PM

Uronacid
post Nov 29 2007, 10:40 AM
Post #85

Group: Official Member
Member No: 555,438

You sound a bit over-zealous Baggins, but who am I to judge? I'm a Christian myself. I know you're trying to do what you think is best for the people on this forum, but I disagree.

I think that while you may be reaching some people, you're pushing many more away. You say that 1/10 of the people reading this post are being helped by it(This isn't factual, but I'm going with what you said), what about the other 9? What are they thinking? Is it possible they are being pushed away?

Opportunity cost Baggins, I think you have to accept that this isn't the best way to reach out to this online community. If you're helping 10% but ruining 90% in the process then you're being counterproductive. Everyone is different, different people need to be reached out to differently. I know you're trying to help, but I think that you're doing the opposite.

I think you should try a different approach. Get to know your audience before making a speech. You're methods of reaching out to this demographic aren't effective. What may have worked for one online forum won't work for all of them.

PS: I'm sure you already know this, but being a Christian is much more complicated than you say it is.

Sandraaa
post Nov 29 2007, 12:50 PM
Post #86

Member No: 485,356

QUOTE(xfrodobagginsx @ Nov 28 2007, 06:18 PM) *

BLASPHEMY ALERT! How can you know the mind of Christ? Maybe you should dust off whatever you're doing and actually STUDY the Bible because I'm sorry but that's crap.

Uronacid
post Nov 29 2007, 01:19 PM
Post #87

QUOTE(Sandraaa @ Nov 29 2007, 12:50 PM) *
BLASPHEMY ALERT! How can you know the mind of Christ? Maybe you should dust off whatever you're doing and actually STUDY the Bible because I'm sorry but that's crap.

Baggins, She's right. You don't know the mind of Christ. You can only interpret the Bible to the best of your ability. You don't know the "mind" of Christ. You know the Bible, and you love Jesus by trying to follow it the best you can. No man is perfect; no man knows the mind of a perfect being.

I disagree with what you said about one little prayer to saving you from hell. You make the Christian religion sound so much more simple than it actually is. There's much more to the Christian religion than just accepting Jesus into your heart. There are a host of things that are tacked onto accepting Jesus into your heart.

John 14:15(KJV) - "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

If you accept Jesus into your heart, you have to love Him, if you have to love him you'll have to have a solid understanding of love, if you know what love is you'll want to understand Him, and if you understand Him you'll follow His teachings. Now what? Well, what is there to understand? How do I love him? What is love? What are his teachings? I could litter you with questions. Christianity, it's not as simple as you make it sound. I know you're trying to do something good here, but you have to understand that you're being very very very very... very very vague.

*Steven*
post Nov 29 2007, 07:00 PM
Post #88

Forgot to mention, you can just combine a bible and a Jew's leg in a Horadric cube, right click and hit transmute.

Uronacid
post Nov 30 2007, 02:17 PM
Post #89

I wish he would come back and reply to what I posted.

StandardEdition
post Nov 30 2007, 02:55 PM
Post #90

You're awful, I love you!

Member No: 514,546

This is stupid.
Don't you see that you're just teaching people the motions?
You have people beleiving that by just doing or saying these things that they can get to heaven. I don't mean to be rude and I don't wana start any fights but you're kind of putting a bad name to christianity, like others have said. You have people beleiving they can live a tarnished life without God and still go to heaven. I kno that as Christians we are here to teach people about the bible and turn them over to God but, the bible does say that if they do not want to be saved then don't push it down their throat[Ok it doesn't say those words exactly but do you get what I'm saying?]

EDIT//
and baptism and goign to church can not save you.
Just thought I might let people kno.

Uronacid
post Nov 30 2007, 04:12 PM
Post #91

QUOTE(pureimaginationx23 @ Nov 30 2007, 02:55 PM) *
This is stupid.
Don't you see that you're just teaching people the motions?
You have people beleiving that by just doing or saying these things that they can get to heaven. I don't mean to be rude and I don't wana start any fights but you're kind of putting a bad name to christianity, like others have said. You have people beleiving they can live a tarnished life without God and still go to heaven. I kno that as Christians we are here to teach people about the bible and turn them over to God but, the bible does say that if they do not want to be saved then don't push it down their throat[Ok it doesn't say those words exactly but do you get what I'm saying?]
EDIT//
and baptism and goign to church can not save you.
Just thought I might let people kno.

Agreed

xfrodobagginsx
post Nov 30 2007, 08:16 PM
Post #92

Member No: 592,175

2Pe 1:19 We also have a more sure word of prophecy, to which you do well to take heed, as to a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the Daystar arises in your hearts,

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus

Spirited Away
post Nov 30 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #93

Quand j'étais jeune...

Oh good lord, I can't believe we have a problem with defintions and context.

To finish let's cite a little more, Php 2:5-7:
"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men."

Interpretation: Let God guide (motivate) us as He is involved in everything we do. Strive to think like Jesus so that we may distance ourselves from sin like Jesus did.

NOT: We know what God't thinking. If we know what He's thinking, he wouldn't be God, or we'd be gods ourselves. The Lord being IN OUR MIND for guidance is NOT the same as we're being in the Lord's mind.

In addition, knowing a person's intentions is different from knowing their mind. God's intentions and words are in the Bible, but knowing His intentions is not the same from knowing what he's thinking. Perhaps you're confused with the two.

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Isaia 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Joss-eh-lime
post Nov 30 2007, 11:46 PM
Post #94

tell me more.

Member No: 35,640

i dont know about all that jibber jabber you wrote, but im confident im going to heaven.

b/c i believe jesus is the one and only way into heaven. its as simple as that.

but you have to let people make their own way, you cant force them.

Uronacid
post Dec 1 2007, 12:56 AM
Post #95

QUOTE(Spirited Away @ Nov 30 2007, 08:49 PM) *
Oh good lord, I can't believe we have a problem with defintions and context.

To finish let's cite a little more, Php 2:5-7:
"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men."

Interpretation: Let God guide (motivate) us as He is involved in everything we do. Strive to think like Jesus so that we may distance ourselves from sin like Jesus did.

NOT: We know what God't thinking. If we know what He's thinking, he wouldn't be God, or we'd be gods ourselves. The Lord being IN OUR MIND for guidance is NOT the same as we're being in the Lord's mind.

In addition, knowing a person's intentions is different from knowing their mind. God's intentions and words are in the Bible, but knowing His intentions is not the same from knowing what he's thinking. Perhaps you're confused with the two.
Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Isaia 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Agreed

jesusisthebestth...
post Dec 1 2007, 03:46 PM
Post #96

well, if practice makes perfect then im relaxin at rehearsal

Member No: 529,475

QUOTE(Joss-eh-lime @ Nov 30 2007, 11:46 PM) *
i dont know about all that jibber jabber you wrote, but im confident im going to heaven.

b/c i believe jesus is the one and only way into heaven. its as simple as that.

but you have to let people make their own way, you cant force them.

well said.

pinacoolada
post Dec 4 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #97

roosternamedingo.

Member No: 333,926

Personally, I don't take the bible literally. So all those excerpts from the bible that you posted? They don't mean much to me. Think about it. The bible was written down hundreds of years after it had been passed down orally. Ever heard of the game telephone? In a small amount of time, and between a significantly fewer amount of people, the message is changed.

I believe in God despite that, but I don't think it's cool to be trying to convert people like this.

Also...it doesn't require all that to be saved. God's love is beyond human comprehension; he will forgive you no matter what as long as you truly regret your sins, and ask for forgiveness. That's all you need to go to heaven.

*jeanna*
post Dec 4 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #98

QUOTE(pinacoolada @ Dec 4 2007, 06:26 PM) *
Personally, I don't take the bible literally. So all those excerpts from the bible that you posted? They don't mean much to me. Think about it. The bible was written down hundreds of years after it had been passed down orally. Ever heard of the game telephone? In a small amount of time, and between a significantly fewer amount of people, the message is changed.

I believe in God despite that, but I don't think it's cool to be trying to convert people like this.

Also...it doesn't require all that to be saved. God's love is beyond human comprehension; he will forgive you no matter what as long as you truly regret your sins, and ask for forgiveness. That's all you need to go to heaven.

but why do you need acceptance by him rather than by yourself alone?..

Spirited Away
post Dec 4 2007, 06:53 PM
Post #99

Quand j'étais jeune...

where did he go?

Uronacid
post Dec 5 2007, 08:13 AM
Post #100

He got sad and left.

18 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: