Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Skinny vs Average vs Fat, (Women)
FizzyMilk
post Aug 19 2009, 12:35 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 742,752

Now tell me girls, what's so great about being skinny?
Why do alllll of you want to look like you're sick?
I wear size 0 Jeans and I hate it. I'd rather be overweight than underweight that's all I'm saying.

datass
post Aug 19 2009, 01:24 AM
Post #2

(′ ・ω・`)

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 72,477

QUOTE(KaraYankit @ Aug 19 2009, 01:35 PM) *
I wear size 0 Jeans and I hate it. I'd rather be overweight than underweight that's all I'm saying.

i wouldnt. i wear 0 and i dont wanna get fat

FizzyMilk
post Aug 19 2009, 01:36 AM
Post #3

i'd rather BE fat.
I don't like my ribcage showing.
I'd rather be like..size 7, a lot of people think that's fat, I don't. I think it's normal..and Healthy. Being a stick isn't healthy. I hate hate hate it.
stupid Metabolism. I can't wait till i have babies. :) imma get fattt

I mean it's nice to have random people come up to you saying "oh my gosh are you a model? you're so skinny, I'm so jealous!" but it just gets on my nerves after a while...I wanna be the first fat model to do runway. :) hahahaha.

This post has been edited by Cristy: Aug 19 2009, 10:49 AM
Reason for edit: Merged double posts. - Cristy

Just_Dream
post Aug 19 2009, 01:38 AM
Post #4

durian

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 3,860

QUOTE(KaraYankit @ Aug 18 2009, 10:35 PM) *
I'd rather be overweight than underweight that's all I'm saying.

Really? Also, some people are naturally underweight, and healthy as well. Um, plenty of people who are underweight don't "look sick" at all. I know I'd prefer not to gain weight. When I gained almost 10 pounds, I felt more tired, sluggish, and unhappy with my body. I'm only saying this because you asked why we'd want to be underweight.

Plus, the BMI index is BS because there are plenty of people who are healthy and have less than 5% body fat, but still considered overweight because muscle weighs more than fat.

FizzyMilk
post Aug 19 2009, 01:52 AM
Post #5

I'm one of those naturally underweight people.
and yes, I know, the BMI index is totalllll BS.
I am very unhealthy because I am so skinny, so there are probably a lot of other girls that are unhealthy as well..then there are the bulimic and anorexic people too..they probablyyy aren't very healthy.

half of my problems are from being underweight and the other half is from being too tall. I grew about 4 inches in less than a year back when i was in middle school. I have scoliosis and my rib cage sticks out A LOT on the left side so i look even skinnier most of the time. fun fun fun.

datass
post Aug 19 2009, 02:14 AM
Post #6

(′ ・ω・`)

Member No: 72,477

who cares. when you're older your metabolism slows down. i mean, youre not dying so its okay. i have no problems being the freakishly skinny one, yeah my friends look at me funny but i believe it'll be better than them looking at me funny cuz i got a big fat belly or something.

sixfive
post Aug 19 2009, 08:36 AM
Post #7

Member No: 653,768

QUOTE(KaraYankit @ Aug 19 2009, 12:35 AM) *
Now tell me girls, what's so great about being skinny?
Why do alllll of you want to look like you're sick?

um... LOOOOOOOOOOL

QUOTE(doughnut @ Aug 19 2009, 01:24 AM) *
i wouldnt. i wear 0 and i dont wanna get fat

^trufax

QUOTE(KaraYankit @ Aug 19 2009, 01:36 AM) *
i'd rather BE fat.
I don't like my ribcage showing.
I'd rather be like..size 7, a lot of people think that's fat, I don't. I think it's normal..and Healthy. Being a stick isn't healthy. I hate hate hate it.
stupid Metabolism. I can't wait till i have babies. :) imma get fattt

Why don't you eat then? That's the best way to get fat. Still, I don't see why you want to get fat, non fatties are so much hotter and more desirable. This isn't the 1500s where being fat meant you were more desirable since you could afford to eat. Fat people have you know, health problems. Also, they're hideous.

QUOTE(KaraYankit @ Aug 19 2009, 01:37 AM) *
I mean it's nice to have random people come up to you saying "oh my gosh are you a model? you're so skinny, I'm so jealous!" but it just gets on my nerves after a while...I wanna be the first fat model to do runway. :) hahahaha.

Because I'm sure soooo many people think you're a model.

QUOTE(KaraYankit @ Aug 19 2009, 01:52 AM) *
I'm one of those naturally underweight people.
and yes, I know, the BMI index is totalllll BS.
I am very unhealthy because I am so skinny, so there are probably a lot of other girls that are unhealthy as well..then there are the bulimic and anorexic people too..they probablyyy aren't very healthy.

half of my problems are from being underweight and the other half is from being too tall. I grew about 4 inches in less than a year back when i was in middle school. I have scoliosis and my rib cage sticks out A LOT on the left side so i look even skinnier most of the time. fun fun fun.

That's what you get for wanting to be fat. Fatty wannabe. Your problems will get worse when you're fatter and have to carry around more weight.

This post has been edited by Cristy: Aug 19 2009, 10:51 AM
Reason for edit: Merged double posts. - Cristy

gojira
post Aug 19 2009, 02:26 PM
Post #8

◕ ◡ ◕

Group: Official Member
Member No: 416,697

size 7. wtf LOL

drinksmokefuck
post Aug 19 2009, 02:27 PM
Post #9

Member No: 733,315

if she was fat, she would singing an entirely different tune

gojira
post Aug 19 2009, 02:30 PM
Post #10

◕ ◡ ◕

word. she doesn't need to starve herself or throw up so wtf.

Amaranthus
post Aug 19 2009, 02:37 PM
Post #11

Fellatio.

Member No: 511,775

She's upsetting me; I've nerver heard such a blasphemous thing.

drinksmokefuck
post Aug 19 2009, 02:39 PM
Post #12

Member No: 733,315

she probably got a fat friend who she feels bad for, so now she tells white lies to herself

Amaranthus
post Aug 19 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #13

Fellatio.

Member No: 511,775

She needs shock therapy.

FizzyMilk
post Aug 19 2009, 03:01 PM
Post #14

serotonin, i probably eat more than you do.
skinniness runs in my family.
what most people consider FAT is not really fat, that's what i'm trying to say.
it's HEALTHY.

rickysaurus
post Aug 19 2009, 03:18 PM
Post #15

Member No: 721,527

tell that to the millions of people in america with fat related illnesses and diseases. you have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, clogged arteries, AND diabetes? dont worry about it. thats HEALTHY.

gojira
post Aug 19 2009, 03:21 PM
Post #16

◕ ◡ ◕

cellulite is not appealing.

as long as you have healthy ways to go about it, then it doesn't matter. you should be happy that you're naturally thin. not many people are lucky enough to complain about being too thin.

you can leave this thread now if you aren't going to contribute. this isn't a thinspo thread, k. some of us are attracted to the finer things in life, aka skinny bitches. there's a fat thread somewhere in lounge you can join in.

FizzyMilk
post Aug 19 2009, 03:33 PM
Post #17

no one gets what i'm trying to say.
people think women that wear size 7 jeans are fat. They think that just because a woman is curvy..she's fat. I want to be curvy instead of being a stick.
and no one thinks that skinniness can cause diseases? Yeah you're fat you can get diabetes and have high Cholesterol. Skinny people are more prone to osteoporosis, I have a weak immune system as well..I could have a problem making babies as well.

http://www.physorg.com/news164981068.html
read that.

obese and underweight people can die earlier than someone who is at a normal weight. You wanna be skinny? Good have fun dying at 50. :)
oh and us underweight people have a better chance of dying earlier than overweight people, how fun.

and someone up there said something like "Because I'm sure soooo many people think you're a model." I just noticed how that sounded. that made me sound like i'm stuck up. a few people here and there see a skinny tall person say "oh they must be a model!" I've been stopped in wal-mart and this woman in walgreens even grabbed my arm and started talking to me about how she wants to take pictures of me. I didn't mean that it happens ALL THE TIME, it just happens sometimes.

"skinny bitches" does sound rather offensive by the way. we aren't all bitches. I'd have to say that that statement is somewhat sexist.

rickysaurus
post Aug 19 2009, 03:40 PM
Post #18

Member No: 721,527

QUOTE(KaraYankit @ Aug 19 2009, 01:33 PM) *
"skinny bitches" does sound rather offensive by the way. we aren't all bitches. I'd have to say that that statement is somewhat sexist.

wow.

Teesa
post Aug 19 2009, 03:42 PM
Post #19

crushed.

Member No: 20,026

i think people get what you're trying to say, but it's just that they want you to appreciate what you have. and this topic is just for people to post pictures of skinny people and that's it. not really much room for discussion i guess.

and no worries, a lot of people share the same opinion as you (that larger sizes don't really mean that you're actually bigger)

and that article is kind of whack...if you're at either extreme, it's going to be bad for the person regardless. and they even say, "Our study only looked at mortality, not at quality of life, and there are many negative health consequences associated with obesity, including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes." but i get what you're trying to say.

FizzyMilk
post Aug 19 2009, 03:45 PM
Post #20

ah! thank you Teesa. :)

Teesa
post Aug 19 2009, 03:46 PM
Post #21

crushed.

Member No: 20,026

:)

sixfive
post Aug 19 2009, 07:06 PM
Post #22

Member No: 653,768

QUOTE(KaraYankit @ Aug 19 2009, 03:01 PM) *
serotonin, i probably eat more than you do.
skinniness runs in my family.
what most people consider FAT is not really fat, that's what i'm trying to say.
it's HEALTHY.

1. Doubt it. Only Sandy/other fatties like eyelids and "it" eats more than me, and it shows.
2. Congratulations, my family has a lot of fatties, yet I broke the cycle. You're not special.
3. What I consider fat is when people have excess fat on them that is exactly that, excess. If for instance eyelids dropped 100 lbs, she'd be a lot healthier and not as fat.
4. No, fat is not healthy. Being fat leads to health problems and makes you uglier.

FizzyMilk
post Aug 19 2009, 07:19 PM
Post #23

I never said i was special.
and there IS such thing as being naturally thin.
"FAT" is healthy to a point. if you're OBESE then THAT is unhealthy.
you're either a man or a stuck up bitch that enjoys throwing up. that's that vibe I'm getting right now.

Mickey
post Aug 19 2009, 07:31 PM
Post #24

Treasure Pleasure

Group: Head Staff
Member No: 281,127

You need to stop taking posts on an internet forum so seriously, that's the vibe I'm getting right now.

Just_Dream
post Aug 19 2009, 07:39 PM
Post #25

durian

Member No: 3,860

QUOTE(serotonin @ Aug 19 2009, 06:36 AM) *
This isn't the 1500s where being fat meant you were more desirable since you could afford to eat.

OMFG I'VE BEEN WAITING TO USE THAT LINE FOR YEARS NOW, BUT I COULD NEVER FIND THE RIGHT TIME OR PLACE TO USE IT. WTF NINJA HOW COULD YOU USE THAT BEFORE ME?!

wub.gif

xmas.gif

No one said a size 7 was bad. It's more that you said "I'd rather be fat", but now you're comparing it to a size 7. Also, you have to take into consideration your height. If you're tall and a size 7, you would look more proportionate, and most likely not seen as "fat" at all. Take for example, if I wasn't a size 00 (or size 10/12 slim in kids' size), but a size 7, I would be considered fat, maybe almost obese. It's because I'm 5'0, and there are plenty of people I've seen who are probably size 7+ and shorter than me, and look "overweight". This is why size and weight is really hard to discuss because we all have different standards on beauty.

Also, KaraYankit, I don't you could eat more than Steven - that guy drinks and eats like there's no tomorrow. DAMN YOU WHITEY.

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: