Reply to this topicStart new topic
marriage beliefs?
sixfive
post May 17 2010, 10:08 AM
Post #26

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 653,768

QUOTE(serotonin @ May 16 2010, 02:29 PM) *
I think marriage is a psychologically forced bond between two people. Once they decide to get married, it's (I would think) obvious that they're very much into each other. If they get into a fight when they're not married, they might go their separate ways and say "this isn't working." Take the same exact couple / circumstance, but married. They get into the fight but due to the fact that they're married, they'll more likely try to work it out. They'll try to resolve things and remain together and in the long run, or even short run, it'll have paid off that they're married.

I think it's outdated from a religious standpoint. I don't think, despite the historical religious importance, that it should be a thing that has to be religious. For instance, gay marriage is shunned due to religion. I think that view of marriage is extremely outdated and with today's intercultural melding, we can't expect anything to remain strictly religious.

BUMPING MY OWN POST BECAUSE I WAS ON MOD PREVIEW

Blyat
post May 17 2010, 11:22 AM
Post #27

Group: Official Member
Member No: 667,832

QUOTE(misoshiru @ May 16 2010, 11:49 PM) *
then we can discuss it.

Im assuming you didn't think i was snarky about it cause I wasn't, sorry if it sounded like i was
I was just curious cause some are so pernament with their opinion

*futura*
post May 17 2010, 09:58 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ May 16 2010, 11:53 AM) *
i don't think marriage is for everyone though. actually i don't even think it's for most people. i think probably 80% of people would be better off not being married.

I agree. I happen to think marriage isn't for me.

Sandraaa
post May 21 2010, 02:04 AM
Post #29

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 485,356

I'm currently engaged but I don't know how to feel. When I was younger, I never wanted to get married because (agreeing with JC) I grew up around divorce and my parents had an HORRIBLE married life and whatnot. Right now I'm engaged but the thing is ... I don't see me getting married. It's like I just have a ring on my finger. People ask me, 'so when are you getting married', I laugh it off because it scares the shit out of me. I have SERIOUS trust and committment issuses and I fear of losing myself once I get married. Although, I've never cheated on him and whatnot, it's like we're already married. But I'm mostly scared of losing my identity ... belonging to someone ... not finding myself anymore. I don't even know how to explain it. And I'm REALLY scared of divorce. Plus I hate kids and seeing as he's 6 years older than me, he already wants them. f*ck me, that's f*cking f*cked !

Blyat
post May 21 2010, 09:05 PM
Post #30

Group: Official Member
Member No: 667,832

/\ *hug*

Idk my mum says she doesn't want me with a guy, living with them but having no commitment and just basically loving them without the marriage. I think I can see myself getting married but I want to still be me and I was my husband to be cool. If I'm still with my boyfriend now I think Ill be fine, But it is a weird thing to talk about.

Like there are girls who have boyfriends and they will tell me (and friends around) how they have their "marry future" already planned and stuff, I always awkwardly laugh and shrug it off cause I have never even thought about that stuff yet

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: