Reply to this topicStart new topic
"The Rape Tunnel"
queen
post Oct 17 2009, 12:01 AM
Post #1

‹(. .)›

Group: Official Member
Member No: 20,089

In fact, his new controversial work, THE RAPE TUNNEL, which is set to go on view at Columbus’ 4D Gallery on October 30th, has come under fire from Columbus-based feminist groups not to mention, local law enforcement officials. The artist plans to place himself in a room, the only entrance or exit being a 22 ft long plywood tunnel constructed by Whitehurst himself. Then he says that for the duration of the gallery’s opening (from 7:00 p.m. to midnight) he will rape anyone who travels through the tunnel into that room.

http://www.artlurker.com/2009/09/the-rape-...-sheila-zareno/

WTF?

...so apparently the point of the real "project" was to get reaction from people who heard about it... so i guess this project was a success?

HeartOfPandora
post Oct 17 2009, 12:09 AM
Post #2

i like boobies, yes I do. I like boobies - how 'bout you?

Group: Member
Member No: 662,457

Total hoax.

heyo-captain-jac...
post Oct 17 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #3

/人◕‿‿◕人\

Group: Official Member
Member No: 602,927

Until total hoax post, I loved this man.

synapse
post Oct 17 2009, 12:17 AM
Post #4

Live long and prosper.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 514,926

As it turns out, I ended up breaking the nose of the third person to crawl through the tunnel, an aspiring model. She went to the hospital and eventually sued me. Her modeling career was put on hold. The civil case was long and drawn out and the matter still hasn’t been resolved. To this day she still has unpaid medical bills. The point of this long aside is that all this took place two years ago, and I’m still having an impact on this young lady’s life, something not many other artists could claim about their work.

that sounds like it could happen.. but idk, sounds very illegal.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: