Reply to this topicStart new topic
phone number on guy's hand
Tinkerballa
post Sep 9 2005, 03:30 AM
Post #1

To Live is to Dance

Group: Member
Member No: 70,074

so how many of you have ever tride the whole, writting your phone number on a guy's hand? I like this guy, and i've came to a conclusion that tomorrow when i pick up my paycheck i'll just write my number on his hand because of lack of time of not able to talk to him at that moment in time. Is it a little bit immature to do that? i mean i'm 23, but i'm shy as hell. Once i feel comfortable with a person or the guy i like i'm not as shy anymore, it's just getting the nerve to give him my number or something.... SO i was wondering how successfull was the whole writting your phone number on a guy's hand classic routine? Has it actually worked? Only thing i do not want to do is scare him off, hah- I mean He likes me, it's obvious, whenever we talk he is tripping over his feet or running into thing's, it's kind of cute in a way. So yeah. :) Thanks for all the input in advance..... i'd love to hear the story's on how successfull it was for you gal's...

Peace

latinprep12
post Sep 9 2005, 03:39 AM
Post #2

M.a. x.

Member No: 148,641

well im not a gal and its kinda funny being the first one, but it depends on the guy and hows his day going for him. a girl did it before to me when i was in starbucks and well i just bought a frap [which is kinda wet] so the ink started to fade so there goes my phone call. but it depends if the guy is not forget-full and is not busy [then it works], because if hes not busy hes probably gonna think of his day and how it went and remeber his hand. if hes [smart] enough he will write it on a paper. but if hes a busy one hes probably gonna forget it and take a shower and there goes the number. so if i was you try it depending on the day and his status

Tinkerballa
post Sep 9 2005, 03:49 AM
Post #3

To Live is to Dance

QUOTE(latinprep12 @ Sep 9 2005, 3:39 AM)
well im not a gal and its kinda funny being the first one, but it depends on the guy and hows his day going for him. a girl did it before to me when i was in starbucks and well i just bought a frap [which is kinda wet] so the ink started to fade so there goes my phone call. but it depends if the guy is not forget-full and is not busy [then it works], because if hes not busy hes probably gonna think of his day and how it went and remeber his hand. if hes [smart] enough he will write it on a paper. but if hes a busy one hes probably gonna forget it and take a shower and there goes the number. so if i was you try it depending on the day and his status

yeah that's the annoying part.. i have no clue what his status is, but i get this vibe feeling that he is single. ya know? AND if he is single and is interested i want to give him my number asap before another girl walks pass his way. He is pretty smart so i think he will probably take the number and add it to his cell phone right away, i'm just wanting to make sure i wont come off as uhh pushy or something.... i mean i'm the shy type of person so this is a huge step for me lol... i need to suck in all my guts and glory and just do it... like what the nike commercial says.. hah- now i just hope the number does not rub off.. if it does we do work at the same place but we always have different schedules....i'll be picking up my paycheck tomorrow , and he will be getting off work so let's hope for the best lol :P that's a bummer about your number rubbing off, did you ever see the girl again?

latinprep12
post Sep 9 2005, 03:53 AM
Post #4

M.a. x.

yeah and she thought i was making up an excuse, and i didnt wanted to call her [i did], but if i was you--when you get your check say hey what are you doing this weekend? and whatever his reply is nod your head in agreement and say "well if your not busy anytime this weekend you should call me and lets talk or meet up sometime" and thats when you give it to him. i think you should write it down on a piece of paper and just hand it to him [more professional], and about the shy part me too, but i get fed up of it and i say "hey" and little lines to make it alright to give her my number. try it

Tinkerballa
post Sep 9 2005, 04:19 AM
Post #5

To Live is to Dance

QUOTE(latinprep12 @ Sep 9 2005, 3:53 AM)
yeah and she thought i was making up an excuse, and i didnt wanted to call her [i did], but if i was you--when you get your check say hey what are you doing this weekend? and whatever his reply is nod your head in agreement and say "well if your not busy anytime this weekend you should call me and lets talk or meet up sometime" and thats when you give it to him. i think you should write it down on a piece of paper and just hand it to him [more professional], and about the shy part me too, but i get fed up of it and i say "hey" and little lines to make it alright to give her my number. try it

hehe okay, thanks for all the great advice.. i just hope i am able to TALK to him without freaking out lol.... usually i try to talk about the weekends or whatever but i chicken out or get scared..... gah. yeah sucks. but i will diffently try that :) it does sound alot more professional, i imagine the whole writting on the hand might not go to well. :P i hope it works.. hehe if it does i'll let you know.. thanks again.. ALSO if anyone has any other advice i'm open to suggestions...... would it be weird though for a girl to give a guy her number?

latinprep12
post Sep 9 2005, 04:24 AM
Post #6

M.a. x.

yeah try it and let me know and yeah i know what you mean about that you try and talk about the weekends. me too i try and something else comes up and you forget what you was suppose to talk about. well remember to write it on a paper before you pick up your check, but stay cool and walk and talk like you run the place haha i think you will be fine well good luck

Tinkerballa
post Sep 9 2005, 01:25 PM
Post #7

To Live is to Dance

QUOTE(latinprep12 @ Sep 9 2005, 4:24 AM)
yeah try it and let me know and yeah i know what you mean about that you try and talk about the weekends. me too i try and something else comes up and you forget what you was suppose to talk about. well remember to write it on a paper before you pick up your check, but stay cool and walk and talk like you run the place haha i think you will be fine well good luck

hah- thanks :P for some reason i always have more confidence at work because of half of my friends that i talk to is always at work... so it makes me feel better lol :P

Bobblehead425
post Sep 9 2005, 01:52 PM
Post #8

My desperate heart is far too weak to run for you this long.

Member No: 150,342

never...but some guys numbers have ended up on mine rolleyes.gif

OhXiet_ItzDonnA
post Sep 9 2005, 04:15 PM
Post #9

I love you more than sex appeal.

Member No: 52,932

Well, I just write it on their hand whenever I dont have any paper with me. rolleyes.gif

Tinkerballa
post Sep 9 2005, 05:11 PM
Post #10

To Live is to Dance

QUOTE(OhXiet_ItzDonnA @ Sep 9 2005, 4:15 PM)
Well, I just write it on their hand whenever I dont have any paper with me. rolleyes.gif

lol :P

coconutter
post Sep 9 2005, 05:23 PM
Post #11

omnomnom

Member No: 180,688

I wish someone would that would be so cool.

mai_z
post Sep 9 2005, 05:24 PM
Post #12

unify and defeat... divide and crumble

Member No: 6,379

Do you have a business card? If you aren't sure of his status, it'd be a lot less awkward if when you pick up your paycheque, just slip him the business card and tell him to give you a call if he wants to go for starbucks or a drink or smth.

Chii
post Sep 9 2005, 05:25 PM
Post #13

dakishimetainoni...

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 75,318

i wouldn't write my number on some guys hand...what if he's sitting on a bus or something, just resting and a creepy guy sees my number and calls me? pinch.gif

just get a little piece of construction paper and write your number. that way when he's emptying his pockets, the bright piece of paper will catch his eye.

..:loveee.NuTTii
post Sep 9 2005, 05:25 PM
Post #14

Residential Crazy Child

Member No: 116,897

Aw-poor Max. Yeah, anyway, I agree.
Once I wrote my e-mail on this guys arm and all his friends were crowding around us and I couldn't get the pen to work...so take some paper instead. tongue.gif

Tinkerballa
post Sep 10 2005, 03:29 AM
Post #15

To Live is to Dance

i ended up writting my number on a small piece of paper from the store, once i got my paycheck i went outside to wait for my brother(my cell phone rings) it's not him, it's my friend Aubrey... so i'm chating on the cell and he walks out of the store....DOH! i forgot to give him the freakin paper...... at least when i walked in the grocery store he said hi to me, and i said hi back... i was running in and running out though cuz i had just got back from the college i go to (i was exchausted, i had a english test) anyway's a good friend of the family who has been working at the grocery store for about over 15 years.. been friends with our family for 15 years and such..anywho he know's the guy i like and he said he will give him my number and suggest to call me sometime this weekend :P he said he will just tell him i was not able to get a chance to give him my number and such.. so hopefully all that works out, my friend (he is hecka old but like the most trust worthy person ever, he is a head clerk) said he will be sure to give him the number and tell him tomorrow.. so i'm crossing my fingers lol.... my family friend dude said the guy i like is a pretty shy guy so maybe he does like me and is not able to say anything ^_~ thanks again for all the advice.. hehe... i'll let u guy's know what happen's tomorrow.

latinprep12
post Sep 10 2005, 03:36 AM
Post #16

M.a. x.

ok and i hope everything goes well. and a good thing about your friend giving the guy the paper is a convo starter. say im sorry for not giving the # to you or you can say what did my friend say when he gave you my number. but anyways good luck with that i hope the best. this should be The Notebook 2. lol

QUOTE(..:loveee.NuTTii @ Sep 9 2005, 6:25 PM)
Aw-poor Max.  Yeah, anyway, I agree.
Once I wrote my e-mail on this guys arm and all his friends were crowding around us and I couldn't get the pen to work...so take some paper instead.  tongue.gif

haha well its ok and i was like [listen woman i do wanna talk to you so stop saying i didnt], but she said i was dodging her [uughh]

Aoiro
post Sep 10 2005, 03:03 PM
Post #17

Member No: 127,076

I would do that if I felt like it.
But it wouldn't be a good thing becaus ehe can show everyone.
Which is kind of the same with paper.
But I don't think I would.
:O

Tinkerballa
post Sep 10 2005, 03:55 PM
Post #18

To Live is to Dance

QUOTE(Blue-Chan @ Sep 10 2005, 3:03 PM)
I would do that if I felt like it.
But it wouldn't be a good thing becaus ehe can show everyone.
Which is kind of the same with paper.
But I don't think I would.
:O

the guy i like is the shy type, i've never seen him to be the "bragging" type..... and the close family friend as i said before is the most trust worthy person on earth, our family has always told him thing's and ask him thing's and he has always keeped those secrets to himself.. vice versa..... So i feel confident he will not be showing off the paper to friends or whatever, i've only seen him talk to a few people which is our friend Michael and someone else. I see him talk to his brothers alot though when he is shopping in the store with his dad lol... but that's logical to show a sibling that you are close to lol.

Joss-eh-lime
post Sep 11 2005, 10:38 PM
Post #19

tell me more.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 35,640

QUOTE(chii @ Sep 9 2005, 3:25 PM)
i wouldn't write my number on some guys hand...what if he's sitting on a bus or something, just resting and a creepy guy sees my number and calls me? pinch.gif

just get a little piece of construction paper and write your number. that way when he's emptying his pockets, the bright piece of paper will catch his eye.

i like that idea.

literemix24
post Sep 11 2005, 10:57 PM
Post #20

Jessica

Member No: 29,118

i think you should write it on a napkin. =D

*anubis*
post Sep 11 2005, 11:10 PM
Post #21

hahaha you have to do it.

if he really likes you, he won't sleep for days.

rolleyes.gif

iheartsimba
post Sep 12 2005, 09:19 AM
Post #22

kristin

Member No: 3,985

It's cute! I would do that...if I wasn't shy sad.gif

aznangel4eva
post Sep 13 2005, 06:24 AM
Post #23

Member No: 53,163

major propz for having the courage to do so! ---

Tinkerballa
post Sep 13 2005, 09:45 AM
Post #24

To Live is to Dance

well now he has my number lol... unfortuntley i was not the one who was able to give it to him because of my schedule is different from his this week... So a good friend of the family that has known my family for a little over 15 years gave my crush my number.. he said "Give Marcy a call sometime" and my crush said "Okay." i asked how he reacted and he said he the guy i like was nice about the whole thing so i guess that's a good sign..lol now i have too just see if he call's. I'm in suspence if he likes me or not.. gosh! :)

I hope he does not think i'm a chicken or anything like because i was not able to hand him my number lol... that would kind of suck.. gah i hate schedules between work and college... :P

latinprep12
post Sep 13 2005, 10:32 AM
Post #25

M.a. x.

atleast he gots the number and i hope he calls

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: