Reply to this topicStart new topic
Young Singers Spread Racist Hate, what is the world coming to? <_<
Chii
post Oct 26 2005, 01:32 AM
Post #1

dakishimetainoni...

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 75,318

please try to at least skim through this lenghty article.

source=ABC News

Oct. 20, 2005 —  Thirteen-year-old twins Lamb and Lynx Gaede have one album out, another on the way, a music video, and lots of fans.

They may remind you another famous pair of singers, the Olsen Twins, and the girls say they like that. But unlike the Olsens, who built a media empire on their fun-loving, squeaky-clean image, Lamb and Lynx are cultivating a much darker personna. They are white nationalists and use their talents to preach a message of hate.
Known as "Prussian Blue" — a nod to their German heritage and bright blue eyes — the girls from Bakersfield, Calif., have been performing songs about white nationalism before all-white crowds since they were nine.

"We're proud of being white, we want to keep being white," said Lynx. "We want our people to stay white … we don't want to just be, you know, a big muddle. We just want to preserve our race."
Lynx and Lamb have been nurtured on racist beliefs since birth by their mother April. "They need to have the background to understand why certain things are happening," said April, a stay-at-home mom who no longer lives with the twins' father. "I'm going to give them, give them my opinion just like any, any parent would."

April home-schools the girls, teaching them her own unique perspective on everything from current to historical events. In addition, April's father surrounds the family with symbols of his beliefs — specifically the Nazi swastika. It appears on his belt buckle, on the side of his pick-up truck and he's even registered it as his cattle brand with the Bureau of Livestock Identification.

"Because it's provocative," explains April of the cattle brand, "to him he thinks it's important as a symbol of freedom of speech that he can use it as his cattle brand."

Songs like "Sacrifice" — a tribute to Nazi Rudolf Hess, Hitler's deputy Fuhrer — clearly show the effect of the girls' upbringing. The lyrics praise Hess as a "man of peace who wouldn't give up."

"It really breaks my heart to see those two girls spewing out that kind of garbage," said Ted Shaw, civil rights advocate and president of the NAACP's Legal Defense Fund — though Shaw points out that the girls aren't espousing their own opinions but ones they're being taught.

On that point, April Gaede and Ted Shaw apparently agree.

"Well, all children pretty much espouse their parents' attitudes," she said. "We're white nationalists and of course that's a part of our life and I'm going to share that part of my life with my children."

Since they began singing, the girls have become such a force in the white nationalist movement, that David Duke — the former presidential candidate, one-time Ku-Klux-Klan grand wizard and outspoken white supremacist — uses the twins to draw a crowd.

Prussian Blue supporter Erich Gliebe, operator of one of the nation's most notorious hate music labels, Resistance Records, hopes younger performers like Lynx and Lamb will help expand the base of the White Nationalist cause.

"Eleven and 12 years old," he said, "I think that's the perfect age to start grooming kids and instill in them a strong racial identity."

Gliebe, who targets young, mainstream white rockers at music festivals like this past summer's "Ozzfest," says he uses music to get his message out.

But with names like Blue-Eyed Devils and Angry Aryans, these tunes are far more extreme than the ones sung by Lamb and Lynx.

"We give them a CD, we give them something as simple as a stick, they can go to our Web site and see other music and download some of our music," said Gliebe. "To me, that's the best propaganda tool for our youth."

Gliebe says he hopes that as younger racist listeners mature, so will their tastes for harder, angrier music like that of Shawn Sugg of Max Resist.

One of Sugg's songs is a fantasy piece about a possible future racial war that goes: "Let the cities burn, let the streets run red, if you ain't white you'll be dead."

"I'd like to compare it to gangsta rap," explained Sugg, "where they glorify, you know, shooting n****** and pimping whores."

Sugg shrugs off criticism that music like his should not be handed out to schoolyard children, arguing that "it's just music, it's not like you're handing out AK-47s."

Perhaps not, but Shaw says it's the ideas in the music that are dangerous.

"When you talk about people being dead if they're not white," said Shaw, "I don't think there is much question that that is hateful."
Despite the success of Prussian Blue and bands like Max Resist within the White Nationalism movement, most Americans don't accept their racist message.

Like many children across the country, Lamb and Lynx decided to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina — the white ones.

The girls' donations were handed out by a White Nationalist organization who also left a pamphlet promoting their group and beliefs — some of the intended recipients were more than a little displeased.

After a day of trying, the supplies ended up with few takers, dumped at a local shop that sells Confederate memorabilia.

Last month, the girls were scheduled to perform at the local county fair in their hometown. But when some people in the community protested, Prussian Blue was removed from the line-up.

But even before that, April had decided that Bakersfield was not "white" enough, so she sold her home, and hopes that she and the girls can find an all-white community in the Pacific Northwest.

evanbunnell
post Oct 26 2005, 02:49 PM
Post #2

Physical Challenge

Group: Member
Member No: 264,490

Ridiculous.

Although it's probably more entertaining than Rap.

*mzkandi*
post Oct 26 2005, 03:00 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(evanbunnell @ Oct 26 2005, 3:49 PM)

I would think not.

I really have no real comment on this, I'm not surprised even its quite sad that they cant think for themselves. Then again, they made a good point, the way we grow up in and the environment we are around does heavily influence our beliefs. Interesing article.

*mipadi*
post Oct 26 2005, 03:14 PM
Post #4

What's even sadder is that there are, apparently, people supporting this sort of music.

*tweeak*
post Oct 26 2005, 03:37 PM
Post #5

See, if I decide to assasinate these people, it won't be racist

"They need to have the background to understand why certain things are happening," said April, a stay-at-home mom who no longer lives with the twins' father. "I'm going to give them, give them my opinion just like any, any parent would."

The interesting thing is that she apparently has no idea what's happening. It's one thing to share an opinion, it's another to force children into an unhealthy, counter-productive mindset.

Songs like "Sacrifice" — a tribute to Nazi Rudolf Hess, Hitler's deputy Fuhrer — clearly show the effect of the girls' upbringing. The lyrics praise Hess as a "man of peace who wouldn't give up."

Is what way was he a man of peace??! That's not even a valid opinion, that's straight bullshit

"We're proud of being white, we want to keep being white," said Lynx. "We want our people to stay white … we don't want to just be, you know, a big muddle. We just want to preserve our race."

How do you intend to stop being white? Appreciating other people won't make your skin tone change- not that that should matter anyway

Prussian Blue supporter Erich Gliebe, operator of one of the nation's most notorious hate music labels, Resistance Records, hopes younger performers like Lynx and Lamb will help expand the base of the White Nationalist cause.

There are notorious hate music labels? Let's go steal their money and give it to Chapter 11, because they obviously need to spend more time in book stores

"Eleven and 12 years old," he said, "I think that's the perfect age to start grooming kids and instill in them a strong racial identity."

Strong racial identity? Telling them to be as ignorant as possible is not a strong identity, it's essentially brainwashing them from birth

"To me, that's the best propaganda tool for our youth."

es,hfwajkj,jksj

"I'd like to compare it to gangsta rap," explained Sugg, "where they glorify, you know, shooting n****** and pimping whores."

how the hell is that a good comparison??? At all? It's not good in any aspect. Plus, have they not noticed that gangster rap is not exactly a "white" thing? Hypocrites!!!!!

Sugg shrugs off criticism that music like his should not be handed out to schoolyard children, arguing that "it's just music, it's not like you're handing out AK-47s."

Was it not just pointed out that it's a good form of propogandea, and then compared to ganster rap?

Like many children across the country, Lamb and Lynx decided to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina — the white ones.

Oh yes, Bush is the racist one.

Retrogressive
post Oct 26 2005, 04:24 PM
Post #6

Don't wake ghostie.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 2,405

I heard about them in BUST. I guess you could sompare it to some gangsta rap but honestly-- none of the music is worth anything.

Ironically if we tried to stop them wouldn't we be like, music nazis? UGh. I can't stand idiots like that.

Ington
post Oct 26 2005, 04:28 PM
Post #7

Member No: 17,125

Thats horrible, but if you think about it, it will never last, or get popular.

Ever.

PinkTrash
post Oct 26 2005, 05:08 PM
Post #8

lick me

Member No: 44,013

Wow. I don't really have much to say, I read a lot of ridiculous stuff. Usually when 12 or 13 year olds come out to the music scene, they're not listened to because people think that a 12 or 13 year old may not have much important messages to give us. Well.. im speechless. ermm.gif

silver-rain
post Oct 26 2005, 05:15 PM
Post #9

hi. call me linda.

Member No: 3,475

Yeah, I heard/read that somewhere. But I think that's really sad and horrible.

EXPLO5ION
post Oct 26 2005, 06:02 PM
Post #10

A.K.A. Simplicityxx

Member No: 56,813

I saw this on TV a few days of go. When I saw it, I was just.. speechless.

hybrid
post Oct 26 2005, 06:04 PM
Post #11

pixel hybrid

Member No: 1,081

Yeah. I saw this the other night on ABC. But personally, I don't think it's the girls' fault. I think if they were exposed to other view points when they were younger, they wouldn't be grown up like this... but, hey ... there's all kinds of people in the world.

technicolour
post Oct 26 2005, 06:05 PM
Post #12

show me a garden thats bursting to life

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 115,987

Heh. Nothing a bullet can't handle.

But back to non-violence: Sure, they have the freedom of speech but... seriously.

Stupid people need to die.

*xcaitlinx*
post Oct 26 2005, 06:07 PM
Post #13

haha i find it pathetic yet funny that people are STILL racist. it's the freakin 20th century, please stop acting like it's the 1950s. i always knew that unintelligent people like this still existed, but it makes me chuckle to hear stories about them. rolleyes.gif

*nightmare4taki*
post Oct 26 2005, 06:12 PM
Post #14

A desperate outcry for attention, I mean why not. I have better things to do than worry about things such as these, I'm not going to lose any sleep over a racist person. As A matter of fact I'm honored that I'm always on your mind because you're not on mine. happy.gif

*jooleeah*
post Oct 26 2005, 07:15 PM
Post #15

This makes me very sad, disappointed, and angered.
Edit:// I went to go look for other links on this, and I found their website. It's amazing how people won't accept change. I even found nazi-supporting websites. How sad.

Retrogressive
post Oct 26 2005, 11:57 PM
Post #16

Don't wake ghostie.

I think we should not just be addressing the singers, but the fact that they have so many supporters.

evanbunnell
post Oct 26 2005, 11:58 PM
Post #17

Physical Challenge

Tweaks: They're "preserving" the white race because they feel that eventually down the line it's just going to be one big race of humans because of interracial relationships. I'm not racist by any means, but I don't think I could ever be with a black woman... latina sure, maybe asian... But yeah, things like that.

I see many hate crimes spawning from this.

uLoVeMikeRoch
post Oct 27 2005, 12:18 AM
Post #18

Wow, i dont know whats going on...

Member No: 10,977

QUOTE(evanbunnell @ Oct 26 2005, 11:58 PM)
Tweaks:  They're "preserving" the white race because they feel that eventually down the line it's just going to be one big race of humans because of interracial relationships.  I'm not racist by any means, but I don't think I could ever be with a black woman...  latina sure, maybe asian...  But yeah, things like that.

Too bad that was just a raicst commment you just said.

Also, it isn't better then rap. Unless you like the kind of shittty Nazi pop bullshit that they sing.

evanbunnell
post Oct 27 2005, 01:03 AM
Post #19

Physical Challenge

It's not racist, it's personal preference. I don't treat them any differently, I just wouldn't date someone of that particular race. It would be on the same plain as someone who doesn't like to date left handed people, or overweight people.

Retrogressive
post Oct 27 2005, 01:10 AM
Post #20

Don't wake ghostie.

I don't see how your personal prefrence on women you would date would:
1. show that you were racist
2. have anything to do with these two girls spreading hate

PurchasedRebelli...
post Oct 27 2005, 01:14 AM
Post #21

Member No: 57,463

It ceases to amaze me how narrowminded people can be.

gotahemmi55
post Oct 27 2005, 10:17 AM
Post #22

Rock Music Enthusiast

Member No: 160,803

I'm disgusted

racoons > you
post Oct 27 2005, 11:38 AM
Post #23

Another ditch in the road... you keep moving

Member No: 85,152

Thats horrible, but if you think about it, it will never last, or get popular.

Ever.

the ideas will. racial hatred has lasted since time immemorial. this is jus tthe latest generation of indoctrination

this is really interesting... this family was actually the subject of a documentary about racism in america shown in england earlier this year... i think most of the footage was filmed when the girls were 10/11 if my memory serves me right

at that age, the girls were already playing video games such as 'ethnic cleansing', a game in which the objec tis to shoot as many members of ethnic minorities as possible. it is repulsive to see th elevel to which the mother has pushed these girls... its weird, because when watching the documentary, they are actually REALLY sweet. the guy doing to it was just sort of talkign to them about normal stuff, like clothes and stuff, but then he suddenly got onto racial issues, and they just started spewing this crap... it was ridiculous

*sigh*

i loathe people

*Weird addiction*
post Oct 27 2005, 01:08 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(evanbunnell @ Oct 27 2005, 6:58 AM)
Tweaks:  They're "preserving" the white race because they feel that eventually down the line it's just going to be one big race of humans because of interracial relationships.  I'm not racist by any means, but I don't think I could ever be with a black woman...  latina sure, maybe asian...  But yeah, things like that.

Do you think a black woman would want to be with you?

Besides, why in the world did you say that? It's got nothing to do with the topic. I wish i wasn't quarter white because of people like you.

Ridiculous.

Now i see why you wouldn't date a black woman. Like it or not, you are a racist.

*tweeak*
post Oct 27 2005, 01:59 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(evanbunnell @ Oct 27 2005, 1:03 AM)
It's not racist, it's personal preference.  I don't treat them any differently, I just wouldn't date someone of that particular race.  It would be on the same plain as someone who doesn't like to date left handed people, or overweight people.

Who doesn't like to date left handed people?

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: