Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE
Rating 1 V
monster
post Nov 19 2007, 12:21 AM
Post #26

Group: Banned
Member No: 11,810

QUOTE(xfrodobagginsx @ Nov 19 2007, 12:17 AM) *
It will if it's from your heart to God, like the one in this first post. It sums up everything that the bible says about how to be saved.

You are not God. This does NOT guarantee getting into Heaven. The Bible says that false prophets have a special place reserved for them in Hell, and will be thrown away along with Lucifer and his demons.

Have fun.

xfrodobagginsx
post Nov 19 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #27

Group: Member
Member No: 592,175

So, you believe what the bible says about false prophets, but not what it says about salvation? Who is the false prophet here?

monster
post Nov 19 2007, 12:25 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(xfrodobagginsx @ Nov 19 2007, 12:23 PM) *
So, you believe what the bible says about false prophets, but not what it says about salvation? Who is the false prophet here?

If everyone went to Heaven based on saying just a prayer, American Christianity wouldn't be at stake, here.

You're honestly bringing people away from God by spamming stupid, idiotic threads. Do you honestly think this will bring someone to God?

*jeanna*
post Nov 19 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #29

QUOTE(xfrodobagginsx @ Nov 19 2007, 01:23 PM) *

thank you jesus! i love u! peace and love stubborn.gif

S-Majere
post Nov 19 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #30

Addict

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 538,522

QUOTE(jeanna @ Nov 18 2007, 08:11 PM) *
i googled him and 12 pages worth? god hates annoying people so he's going to hell. rolleyes.gif

Damn but we should write a Createblog Bible.

Thou shalt not Spam.
Thou shalt not post inanities.
Thou shalt not use Frodo's name in vain.
Thou shalt not post anything too taxing in The Lounge.

laugh.gif

EddieV
post Nov 19 2007, 01:59 PM
Post #31

cB Assassin

Group: Official Member
Member No: 7,672

When you get up there for judgement, you lie.

arcanum
post Nov 19 2007, 02:24 PM
Post #32

:)

Member No: 34,459

QUOTE(Elba @ Nov 19 2007, 12:20 AM) *
Please don't come in here and try to shove the bible down our throats.

*grabs bible* ELBA! OPEN YOUR MOUTH! EAT IT!
Im going to shove it down your throat!

Elba
post Nov 19 2007, 10:34 PM
Post #33

Member No: 4,975

OMG, KARA, STOP IT! STOP IT!

xfrodobagginsx
post Nov 20 2007, 11:36 PM
Post #34

QUOTE(Podomaht @ Nov 19 2007, 12:25 PM) *
If everyone went to Heaven based on saying just a prayer, American Christianity wouldn't be at stake, here.

You're honestly bringing people away from God by spamming stupid, idiotic threads. Do you honestly think this will bring someone to God?

And you need to go read your bible and see what it actually says about salvation. It's only through Jesus Christ and what He did for you one the cross to pay for your sins. The bible says that if you confess with your mouth Jesus and believe it in your heart you will be saved. It says for Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Isn't that what the prayer does if done from the heart?

Please go read your bible. You don't know what you are talking about and are hindering the work of the Lord.

arcanum
post Nov 20 2007, 11:38 PM
Post #35

:)

Member No: 34,459

QUOTE(Elba @ Nov 19 2007, 10:34 PM) *
OMG, KARA, STOP IT! STOP IT!

NO, YOU MUST RECEIVE IT!!! AND YOU SHALL BE SAAAAAVED!

NoSex
post Nov 20 2007, 11:42 PM
Post #36

in the reverb chamber.

Member No: 300,308

This topic sucks.
Jesus is a shit bag and I do not like very much.
I mean, woe is me.

clarity
post Nov 21 2007, 12:34 AM
Post #37

vengeance.

Member No: 437,024

Hm, this kinda sounds like my friend. Always shoving the bible down my throat, etc. He claims its his duty to transfer people into Christians, meh. Frankly, I don't believe in god. mellow.gif

Spirited Away
post Nov 21 2007, 10:39 AM
Post #38

Quand j'étais jeune...

Member No: 1,272

QUOTE(xfrodobagginsx @ Nov 20 2007, 10:36 PM) *
And you need to go read your bible and see what it actually says about salvation. It's only through Jesus Christ and what He did for you one the cross to pay for your sins. The bible says that if you confess with your mouth Jesus and believe it in your heart you will be saved. It says for Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Please go read your bible. You don't know what you are talking about and are hindering the work of the Lord.

While having faith in Jesus Christ alone is good enough to be saved, but you're missing a huge chunk of the Bible, my friend. There are steps to follow after accepting Jesus. A person cannot say he/she accepts Jesus and continue to commit sins consciously because he/she would be turning away God's grace. SALVATION IS ABOUT CONTINUING YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST (not just through a single prayer).

That's what Podo meant. It seems to me that Podo makes more sense than you in this.

Sandraaa
post Nov 21 2007, 10:48 AM
Post #39

Member No: 485,356

This has got to be a joke.

monster
post Nov 21 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #40

QUOTE(xfrodobagginsx @ Nov 20 2007, 11:36 PM) *

Not all who cry "Jesus, Jesus" will enter the gates of Heaven.

*jeanna*
post Nov 21 2007, 11:33 AM
Post #41

QUOTE(xfrodobagginsx @ Nov 21 2007, 12:36 AM) *

you know masturbating is a sin? i bet you were masturbating 10 seconds ago. stubborn.gif

Sandraaa
post Nov 21 2007, 11:34 AM
Post #42

Member No: 485,356

How is masturbating a sin? blink.gif

*jeanna*
post Nov 21 2007, 11:36 AM
Post #43

QUOTE(Sandraaa @ Nov 21 2007, 12:34 PM) *
How is masturbating a sin? blink.gif

they tie you up in Mormonism

xfrodobagginsx
post Nov 21 2007, 11:56 AM
Post #44

QUOTE(Spirited Away @ Nov 21 2007, 10:39 AM) *
While having faith in Jesus Christ alone is good enough to be saved, but you're missing a huge chunk of the Bible, my friend. There are steps to follow after accepting Jesus. A person cannot say he/she accepts Jesus and continue to commit sins consciously because he/she would be turning away God's grace. SALVATION IS ABOUT CONTINUING YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST (not just through a single prayer).

That's what Podo meant. It seems to me that Podo makes more sense than you in this.

Salvation comes by faith alone in Jesus Christ. The NATURAL result of savation is a continued relationship with Jesus Christ. The relationship doesn't save. The relationship is a natural result of salvation. You're getting things backwards and borderline adding works to salvation, and YES if you pray that prayer to God from your heart, you most certainly WILL be saved. You just blirt things out of your mouth without bible to back up what you say. Stop hindering God's work.

*jeanna*
post Nov 21 2007, 11:59 AM
Post #45

QUOTE(xfrodobagginsx @ Nov 21 2007, 12:56 PM) *
Salvation comes by faith alone in Jesus Christ. The NATURAL result of savation is a continued relationship with Jesus Christ. The relationship doesn't save. The relationship is a natural result of salvation. You're getting things backwards and borderline adding works to salvation, and YES if you pray that prayer to God from your heart, you most certainly WILL be saved. You just blirt things out of your mouth without bible to back up what you say. Stop hindering God's work.

ok, go into the debate forum or go to your 127466 other sites you spammed. maybe they will be more interested in your stuff on a football forum

*jeanna*
post Nov 21 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #46

QUOTE(banhbao @ Nov 21 2007, 02:16 PM) *
Go die.

how about me? will i get into heaven though? whistling.gif

hypnotique
post Nov 21 2007, 01:36 PM
Post #47

Live long and prosper.

Member No: 478,024

QUOTE(alovesopure @ Nov 19 2007, 01:24 PM) *
*grabs bible* ELBA! OPEN YOUR MOUTH! EAT IT!
Im going to shove it down your throat!

2girls1bible.com
GO GO GO GO

Please the lounge is supposed to be fun without fear of getting attacked for what people believe in.

Thats what the debate forum is for. whistling.gif

Anyway.
Im a bisexual catholic.
I could careless if people go around saying "GOD HATES f*gs" f**k you all.Ill wait for god to tell it to my f**king face or not,When my time comes to a end.Im not gonna listen to a bible thrower to tell me otherwise.

So for all i know i could possibly go to heaven for doing alot of good things and being bisexual or i could go to hell for just being a potty mouthed faggot.

Spirited Away
post Nov 21 2007, 06:26 PM
Post #48

Quand j'étais jeune...

Member No: 1,272

QUOTE(xfrodobagginsx @ Nov 21 2007, 10:56 AM) *

Tee hee, this is almost cute, the pot calling the kettle black and all. You're the kind of Christian that shames others of the same faith. Your language alone is proof that God's grace isn't in you. Seems to me you're only good at asking God for forgiveness through prayer and not so good and keeping up your relationship with Him. He doesn't mind this onesided relationship because He loves you, but if you're going to try to "do His work", you gotta be more educated let God guide you in this rather than do your own thing and say that you're working for God. You give people the wrong impression.

You said I didn't use the Bible as evidence. Fine then =) give me a quote from the Bible where it says you can be saved by having faith ALONE. You see, you don't have evidence for your silliness either. Don't be so prideful and admit your lack of knowledge on the matter.

Of course faith is essential to salvation. We've established that by now, haven't we? In fact, the quotes you provided are just some of the ones that stress the necessity of faith. But that doesn't mean you end it with faith. Remember James 2:19:20 says "Even devils believe. Are they saved?".

Obviously, relationship with Christ isn't as "NATURAL" as you claim. It is something every man must work to achieve. We are tempted everyday and it takes WORK to let God help you through these temptations. There's nothing "NATURAL" about it because God gave us free will: the choice to accept Jesus and maintain a relationship with him, the choice to accept Jesus but not maintain the relationship, the choice to push him away completely... etc. These aren't "NATURAL" choices.

Anything else you want to say to me?

EDIT:
Oh, and one last thing. Revelation 22:18:19, "For I testify unto every man that hearth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And, if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

So, don't take the Bible OUT OF CONTEXT the way you just did, okay?

This post has been edited by Spirited Away: Nov 21 2007, 08:33 PM

icecreamisyummy
post Nov 21 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #49

Member No: 589,690

im going 10 feet underground... yea

Insurmountable
post Nov 21 2007, 11:26 PM
Post #50

Cornflakes :D

Member No: 322,923

Moved to debate.

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: