Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
gay and christian, can it happen?
*kryogenix*
post Jan 8 2007, 09:03 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(Duchess of Dork @ Jan 8 2007, 1:12 PM) *
I firmly believe that no one is qualified to determine whether or not the two can't coexist. The most genuine honest idea is this one:

But even that is only according to the Bible. Also, the Bible has been intrepreted in different ways (ie, King James' version, etc). With that being said, who's to say what is absolute truth? Who are any of you to judge? To say that you can't be Christian AND gay is a judgement and one that shouldn't be made.

Also, isn't "God" supposed to be this benevolent being? You really, honestly believe he would keep someone out of heaven because of their sexual preference?

I understand, of course, that these are your opinions and by all means, have them. Please, have them. Just stating mine as well.

But I said you can be gay and be a Christian... Just no gay sex.

God isn't keeping anyone out of heaven. We make the choices, not him. Just because one is born gay doesn't mean that they are a sex maniac. I think some people have a messed up notion that all gay people are sex crazed and need gay sex to survive or to even have an identity. I know gay people who lead celibate lives... it's not impossible. happy.gif

Juris Khan
post Jan 9 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #27

Group: Member
Member No: 99,060

QUOTE(tropicalchic @ Jan 8 2007, 12:53 AM) *
You can't choose to be gay, some people are and can not help it.

If god made you gay, then why would your choice in relationships make them a sinner?

God doesnt make people gay. please dont take this wrong way, but to be gay would be an imperfection. and God does NOT make things imperfect. He is perfection and so everything he creates is initially perfect. so, to be gay would have to be a choice...because it is such a 'taboo' thing, and especially people who have this conflict of faith, and because we are dealing with lucifer, who is the Tempter, who was God's highest angel, and who is very powerful, it can feel like it's not a choice, like you were born that way. but it is a choice. and God does say in both the old and new testaments that sexual immorality is wrong. homosexuality is specifically mentioned in the old testament story of Lot(i dont know the reference, sorry.) so, it is a choice. now, i am not saying that if you are gay, you cannot enter the Kingdom of God, but what i am saying is that when you stand before God, i should think that he would be disappointed. because even if you do not have gay sex, when you look at others of the same sex and fantasize about them, that is lust, and lust is a sin. in fact, jesus says that one who lusts has committed adultery in his/her heart(again, i dont know the reference, but i'm pretty sure it's in Matthew). So to sum up everything i said, God's creations are initially perfect; homosexuality is a sin; therefore it is a choice to be gay; i believe you will get into heaven if you are gay, including acting on it, although God may be disappointed in you. and i think that that pretty much covers it.

Kontroll
post Jan 10 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #28

Jake - The Unholy Trinity / Premiscuous Poeteer.

Member No: 411,316

Yes, you can be gay and a Christian. But it's wrong. Everyone's a sinner. Everyone has their problems. So, stop masterbating.

QUOTE:

If god made you gay, then why would your choice in relationships make them a sinner?

- - - -

That is the biggest load of crap I've heard. There is no emperical evidence that shows that people have genetic homosexual traits. It's from influence. c**t Rag.

micro3214
post Jan 17 2007, 03:54 PM
Post #29

Member No: 388,667

what about bi and Christian/catholic?

lKVNiiKINKYl
post Jan 20 2007, 04:33 PM
Post #30

CHYEAAHHH MAN

Member No: 168,013

Isn't the act of sodomy what is considered "against" god? Because if it is, then people can still be gay and be hardcore christians as long as they don't act on it. If this isn't right, then just ignore me completely haha

Dabme
post Jan 20 2007, 05:13 PM
Post #31

<-[RaWR]->

Member No: 102,133

its shouldnt matter if your gay or not, if you believe in god then let it be.

pedophile
post Jan 20 2007, 08:10 PM
Post #32

that's what she said

Member No: 436,512

QUOTE(Juris Khan @ Jan 9 2007, 11:31 PM) *
please dont take this wrong way, but to be gay would be an imperfection. and God does NOT make things imperfect. He is perfection and so everything he creates is initially perfect. so, to be gay would have to be a choice...because it is such a 'taboo' thing, and especially people who have this conflict of faith, and because we are dealing with lucifer, who is the Tempter, who was God's highest angel, and who is very powerful, it can feel like it's not a choice, like you were born that way.

So if someone were to be born w/ two heads, that would be considered perfect? I don't think anyone is born perfect. THAT is what makes somebody human. Everyone is born w/ flaws. & how would you know that it's a choice? Are YOU gay?

QUOTE(Juris Khan @ Jan 9 2007, 11:31 PM) *
because even if you do not have gay sex, when you look at others of the same sex and fantasize about them, that is lust, and lust is a sin. in fact, jesus says that one who lusts has committed adultery in his/her heart(again, i dont know the reference, but i'm pretty sure it's in Matthew).

Excuse me, but WHAT PERSON DOESN'T FANTASIZE ABOUT PEOPLE? Whether it'd be a straight person fantasizing about bondage or a gay person fantasizing about gay sex, or about a straight person fantasizing about gay sex, we still fantasize.
&YES, lust is a sin, but so is gluttony, greed, etc.

QUOTE(kryogenix @ Jan 6 2007, 12:40 AM) *
Gay sex is what's prohibited. Being gay by itself and not having sex is not a sin.

I agree.

heyyfrankie
post Jan 21 2007, 01:38 AM
Post #33

This bitch better work!

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 28,095

QUOTE(Juris Khan @ Jan 9 2007, 10:31 PM) *
He is perfection and so everything he creates is initially perfect. so, to be gay would have to be a choice...because it is such a 'taboo' thing...

so...when did you CHOOSE to be straight? rolleyes.gif

first of all, i'm still confused as to how being gay is a sin. People say that the bible states that homosexuality is wrong...others say that is doesn't. i HONESTLY don't know the true answer cuz i've neither personally researched the topid but ANYWAYS - -

how can being gay be a sin when it is how you are made, programmed....CREATED!!?
i've been gay all my life...since THE DAY I WAS BORN. even my parents were like, "oh...ever since you could walk, talk and show your personality...we knew you were gonna be gay"...

i never "TURNED" gay...nobody changed me... it's just how i am...it's WHO i am.

the same goes for straights...you've been straight all your life. you never sat down & logically thought...i shall be straight from now on.

...2nd of all, not having "gay sex" doesn't make you not gay...if you're gay...YOU'RE GAY. just had to clear that one up.

3rd...the question is -- can you be a christian & be gay. well, even though some may think that it goes against god...or it isn't spiritually/religiously correct...the fact of the matter is that there ARE people that are gay that claim to be christian and follow the christian way of life.

so yes. you can be christian & gay. now..if you go to heaven or hell is not up to us to decide...

&for future reference: gay (ALL MY LIFE)...Agnostic.

isaac7820
post Jan 21 2007, 10:16 PM
Post #34

Member No: 496,975

I say what ever makes you happy, its your life. As long as you don't take your life to dangerous. Gay, straight,bi, green or blue. You should get nothing but respect as a human being.

homaniac
post Jan 25 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #35

Member No: 498,088

From the very beginning in Genesis, God created man. Then, from part of the man, created woman. NOT man, again.

So, it means that God intends MAN to live with WOMAN.
NOT MAN WITH MAN or WOMAN with WOMAN.

and if one says that being gay is equal to other sins that we may live by the sins without trying to change, then, we do not feel sorry, we do not repent.

Here's what God says about repentance :

(Ezekiel 18;21-22)
"But if a wicked man turns away from all the sins he has committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die. .. "

sorry for the little 'preaching'. tongue.gif just my two cents _smile.gif

*mishyerr*
post Jan 25 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #36

b/c i think that homosexuality is normal and "right," it is possbile. i'm sure there are many guys out there in that situation. it just proves that homosexuality exists everywhere, and is not irregular or sinful.

p.s. i think the bible is major B.S.

ReggieM
post Jan 25 2007, 11:19 PM
Post #37

we jerkin'

Member No: 210,730

well you can be gay and christian but its just like if ur a drinker and a christian it can happen but ur living in sin so ur a christian but not born again. Everyone sins everday so i think the question is too broad.

Juris Khan
post Jan 26 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #38

QUOTE(Frankie @ Jan 21 2007, 12:38 AM) *
so...when did you CHOOSE to be straight? rolleyes.gif

i never chose to be straight...that is part of the initial perfection of being made by a perfect deity. and then, lets say, you start to have gay feelings and gay behaviours, and gay thoughts, and you decide that rather than try to figure out why, rather than sort through it and make an effort to live the way God wants you to, you decide "this is who i am" and you say "this is who i've always been" so that you dont have to worry about it being a choice on your part because you know that if it was choice, then you would be wrong...and it's human nature to want to not be wrong...so you say you were born that way so there's no chance you could be wrong...yup, that's all i got...it's a choice whether you want to admit it or not...

oh, and btw, black_heart, being a "drinker" is not a sin...it's not a sin to drink...in fact, jesus drank wine...it's a sin to overindulge in alcohol, to be a drunk...

pedophile
post Jan 26 2007, 09:59 PM
Post #39

that's what she said

Member No: 436,512

QUOTE(Juris Khan @ Jan 26 2007, 8:05 PM) *
i never chose to be straight...that is part of the initial perfection of being made by a perfect deity. and then, lets say, you start to have gay feelings and gay behaviours, and gay thoughts, and you decide that rather than try to figure out why, rather than sort through it and make an effort to live the way God wants you to, you decide "this is who i am" and you say "this is who i've always been" so that you dont have to worry about it being a choice on your part because you know that if it was choice, then you would be wrong...and it's human nature to want to not be wrong...so you say you were born that way so there's no chance you could be wrong...yup, that's all i got...it's a choice whether you want to admit it or not...

NO ONE IS FCUKING BORN PERFECT.

Choosing your sexual orientation is like one day waking up saying, "I am gay & I like this guy sooo much," & then the next day waking up & saying, "I am straight & I like this girl now."

So what you are basicly implying is that you can choose who you like?
SO, for example, if you saw some hot chick walking, you would be able to decide whether you start liking her or not? What you're saying is that you're allowed to choose to like whoever the hell you desire, even if it means to turn "gay".

Choosing who you like is like choosing your own emotions. It's like saying you can choose to feel happy all the time. But then again, it rarely works that way. rolleyes.gif

Oh, & one more thing, if someone were to be able to choose to be gay, then why the hell would they choose to be gay if most people in the world are straight?

fklgjfljgf

multifaceted
post Jan 26 2007, 11:32 PM
Post #40

I'm Cattt. :]

Group: Validating
Member No: 130,831

Well you can be if you just don't follow that one line in the Bible.

Or you rather choose between religion or being gay? It really depends how faithful you are.

If I were in this kind of situation, I would choose gay. God made you and chose if you were to be gay or straight. So technically, you are not really a sinner.

And because I'm just a type of person that would place myself in front of others. Selfish, I know, but God made me that way.

Juris Khan
post Jan 27 2007, 04:59 PM
Post #41

QUOTE(lol lollipops @ Jan 26 2007, 8:59 PM) *
NO ONE IS FCUKING BORN PERFECT.

Choosing your sexual orientation is like one day waking up saying, "I am gay & I like this guy sooo much," & then the next day waking up & saying, "I am straight & I like this girl now."

So what you are basicly implying is that you can choose who you like?
SO, for example, if you saw some hot chick walking, you would be able to decide whether you start liking her or not? What you're saying is that you're allowed to choose to like whoever the hell you desire, even if it means to turn "gay".

Choosing who you like is like choosing your own emotions. It's like saying you can choose to feel happy all the time. But then again, it rarely works that way. rolleyes.gif

Oh, & one more thing, if someone were to be able to choose to be gay, then why the hell would they choose to be gay if most people in the world are straight?
fklgjfljgf

so, to answer your first question, i am not saying it is a conscious decision...we do make unconscious decisions all the time, whether we realise it or not...who we like, what emotions we feel, and what sexuality we feel are all unconscious decisions that we make, and they are like dreams: we can change them if we want. therefore, they are decisions, and we can choose to change them.

second of all, i, personally, am happy all the time...that's the way god made me. and it's a choice. there are many things in the day that could disturb me, but it never lasts more than 10 minutes because i choose to be cheerful.

*mishyerr*
post Jan 28 2007, 03:58 PM
Post #42

QUOTE(Juris Khan @ Jan 10 2007, 12:31 AM) *
God doesnt make people gay. please dont take this wrong way, but to be gay would be an imperfection. and God does NOT make things imperfect. He is perfection and so everything he creates is initially perfect. so, to be gay would have to be a choice...because it is such a 'taboo' thing, and especially people who have this conflict of faith, and because we are dealing with lucifer, who is the Tempter, who was God's highest angel, and who is very powerful, it can feel like it's not a choice, like you were born that way. but it is a choice. and God does say in both the old and new testaments that sexual immorality is wrong. homosexuality is specifically mentioned in the old testament story of Lot(i dont know the reference, sorry.) so, it is a choice. now, i am not saying that if you are gay, you cannot enter the Kingdom of God, but what i am saying is that when you stand before God, i should think that he would be disappointed. because even if you do not have gay sex, when you look at others of the same sex and fantasize about them, that is lust, and lust is a sin. in fact, jesus says that one who lusts has committed adultery in his/her heart(again, i dont know the reference, but i'm pretty sure it's in Matthew). So to sum up everything i said, God's creations are initially perfect; homosexuality is a sin; therefore it is a choice to be gay; i believe you will get into heaven if you are gay, including acting on it, although God may be disappointed in you. and i think that that pretty much covers it.

a little off topic, but... wow, i feel some pity for you.

this is not a reply to the person above;

i was once sucked into that religious stuff...
i don't understand why people condemn homosexuals. it has already been proven that homosexuality exists in even animals (of course they are not "christian" b/c animals don't have souls and don't go to the place called "heaven")
it's kind of pathetic that researchers even LOOK to animals to check whether it's "okay to be gay!" or not. if you believe in Christianity or one of its branches, didn't God create animals for humans to tame,control,etc? does that mean, we as humans, did not properly "guide" the animals?
also there are studies on the brain showing some hormones about attraction or something (i'm not very clear about this, b/c i didn't research deeply into it) that are similar in women and gay men.

falalala. i feel sorry for all those gay guys who love god with all their hearts but would be gay bashed and slaughtered (exaggeration) if they ever revealed their "horrific, dirty, terrible, deserving to burn FOR ALL OF ETERITY! sin"

Juris Khan
post Jan 28 2007, 09:42 PM
Post #43

QUOTE(mishyerr @ Jan 28 2007, 2:58 PM) *
a little off topic, but... wow, i feel some pity for you.
this is not a reply to the person above;

i was once sucked into that religious stuff...
i don't understand why people condemn homosexuals. it has already been proven that homosexuality exists in even animals (of course they are not "christian" b/c animals don't have souls and don't go to the place called "heaven")
it's kind of pathetic that researchers even LOOK to animals to check whether it's "okay to be gay!" or not. if you believe in Christianity or one of its branches, didn't God create animals for humans to tame,control,etc? does that mean, we as humans, did not properly "guide" the animals?
also there are studies on the brain showing some hormones about attraction or something (i'm not very clear about this, b/c i didn't research deeply into it) that are similar in women and gay men.

falalala. i feel sorry for all those gay guys who love god with all their hearts but would be gay bashed and slaughtered (exaggeration) if they ever revealed their "horrific, dirty, terrible, deserving to burn FOR ALL OF ETERITY! sin"

why do you feel sorry for me? and btw, i do not bash gays, nor do i condemn them. i just wanted to know others views because i have a friend going through the exact same thing. and the "i have a friend" is not a euphemism for "me"
i believe that gays can go to heaven, but it's just a very awkward topic, and i'm not sure if what i believe is right or not. sometimes hearing what others say just helps, you know?

oh, one last thing, how was what you quoted from me off topic. i'm not trying to be incredulous or sarcastic, i really dont see how its off topic so if you tell me, i can fix it.

*mishyerr*
post Jan 28 2007, 10:07 PM
Post #44

i don't know, you remind me of me before i stepped out of the my religion box. and i wasn't saying what YOU said was off topic, it was what i said. lol. sorry if i didn't make that clear.

also, i didn't say you condemn or bash gays, but a lot of people do. as i said, it was not a response to your qoute. and i'm not sure if gay people go to heaven either. hopefully they do. i mean if we look at all those priests that are pedophiles and molesters, don't they deserve heaven much less than gays who have done nothing but love? :/ that is, if heaven exists.

this reminds me of a postcard from postsecret!

oh haha, this is totally random, but how are you a senior member if i joined before you? *confused

bat19
post Jan 29 2007, 12:00 AM
Post #45

Group: Human
Member No: 494,019

QUOTE(JakeKKing @ Jan 10 2007, 1:26 AM) *
Yes, you can be gay and a Christian. But it's wrong. Everyone's a sinner. Everyone has their problems. So, stop masterbating.

QUOTE:

- - - -

That is the biggest load of crap I've heard. There is no emperical evidence that shows that people have genetic homosexual traits. It's from influence. c**t Rag.

Oh yeah? Well what about queer elephants? Or queer giraffes? Or queer koalas? Who's influencing the animal queers? I'm sure there isn't a Fab Five in the animal kingdom.
How many times Jake must we have this debate? I think that it doesn't matter whether you are born gay, become gay, are a christian, atheist, or anabaptist, everybody should be able to get married if they want to. I'd let Hermaphrodites marry if I could. They can't help it. They're "imperfect." Let's see someone try to convince a chick born with testicles that she is perfect because God made her that way. She'll slap those nuts in your face.
People like to get married because from birth they are brought up to believe that marriage is one of the most fundamental steps in life. Would you ban gay people from getting a job or getting a license or an apartment? If being gay is a choice then why are people so up in arms about gays adopting. The kid won't turn out gay unless he chooses to be gay, right? The whole marriage thing is so stupid. People have misconstrued and overemphasized the whole "IT SAYS IN THE BIBLE THAT MARRIAGE IS BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN!! GOD SAYS IT AND IT MUST BE SO!!" You forget that we have a seperation of church and state for just these reasons. Plus I'm sure that if God realized how much fun being gay was he'd put on his see through muscle shirt, gel his hair, and go to the nearest Filipino bathhouse. Maybe Jesus did just that, you never know. 18 years are unrecorded. That could be why god had forsaken him, for the huge gay orgy Jesus had the night before with his "partners" at which they all fell asleep and he started crying. Ha ha. That's a little over the line I guess. Anyways, if it were up to me, I'd abolish all sorts of marriage, just to shut people up. To quote Seth McFarlane "If you don't think that gays should be allowed to marry, then you're a f**ker."

P.S. For the record I am very straight but I believe in the basic rights of all human beings. If a dude wants to marry his sister's ex-boyfriend, more power to him.

So Yes, you can be Gay and Christian, but until tensions cease the best advice is to keep it private from your congregation.

phillerthekiller
post Jan 29 2007, 01:30 AM
Post #46

Member No: 494,459

well lets see... where to start...
no one's mentioned romans 1 yet (tmk) so let me say that thats the best place I can think of to start your search for the answer

Rom 1:27 "And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

Notice the "leaving the natural use of the women" seems God's opinion is that gays are made not born... I won't agree with the "everyone is born perfect" claim but still born gay seems like more of an excuse than a reality

Rom 1:28 "And even as they did not like to retain God in [their] knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient"

here I think we can take reprobate to mean- depraved: marked by immorality; deviating from what is considered right or proper or good

also if god has forsaken these people... then they are no longer christians... i believe...

Another verse comes to mind here.. namely Matthew 6:24
"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other"

I know its talking about money but its still valid!
As I see it serving any kind of homosexual temptations is to serve the devil... and well you can't serve em' both

furthermore, if Christianity is so wishy washy that it is possible to continually sin and still be in god's favor.. or as some have suggested, go to heaven... then what a detestable and useless endeavor it all must be.

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

yeah thats the path of a "hardcore" christian ... or any believer for that matter...

most of you have been trained by modern society to TOLERATE... but leave this training out of your reasoning as to how a man can follow any sort of leader and betray his teachings at the same time..

*mishyerr*
post Jan 29 2007, 05:20 PM
Post #47

QUOTE(phillerthekiller @ Jan 29 2007, 2:30 AM) *
well lets see... where to start...
no one's mentioned romans 1 yet (tmk) so let me say that thats the best place I can think of to start your search for the answer

Rom 1:27 "And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

Notice the "leaving the natural use of the women" seems God's opinion is that gays are made not born... I won't agree with the "everyone is born perfect" claim but still born gay seems like more of an excuse than a reality

Rom 1:28 "And even as they did not like to retain God in [their] knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient"

here I think we can take reprobate to mean- depraved: marked by immorality; deviating from what is considered right or proper or good

also if god has forsaken these people... then they are no longer christians... i believe...

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other"

I know its talking about money but its still valid!
As I see it serving any kind of homosexual temptations is to serve the devil... and well you can't serve em' both

furthermore, if Christianity is so wishy washy that it is possible to continually sin and still be in god's favor.. or as some have suggested, go to heaven... then what a detestable and useless endeavor it all must be.

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

yeah thats the path of a "hardcore" christian ... or any believer for that matter...

most of you have been trained by modern society to TOLERATE... but leave this training out of your reasoning as to how a man can follow any sort of leader and betray his teachings at the same time..

hon, that's YOUR teachings.

not "his" or ours.

the original question is whether a gay person can be a christian.
well, can a sinner be a christian? damn right they can be. everyone here is a "sinner." just because someone is gay doesn't mean he has sinned any more than you have. the bible even says that stealing is the same as murdering (this might be out of "exact" context, sorry i didn't research into the book); both are sin. whenever you sin, you are serving the devil. you have "served" both many times.

Juris Khan
post Jan 30 2007, 12:08 AM
Post #48

QUOTE(mishyerr @ Jan 28 2007, 9:07 PM) *
i don't know, you remind me of me before i stepped out of the my religion box. and i wasn't saying what YOU said was off topic, it was what i said. lol. sorry if i didn't make that clear.

also, i didn't say you condemn or bash gays, but a lot of people do. as i said, it was not a response to your qoute. and i'm not sure if gay people go to heaven either. hopefully they do. i mean if we look at all those priests that are pedophiles and molesters, don't they deserve heaven much less than gays who have done nothing but love? :/ that is, if heaven exists.

this reminds me of a postcard from postsecret!

oh haha, this is totally random, but how are you a senior member if i joined before you? *confused

i guess i just read your post wrong. i thought the very first part was towards me and the second part wasnt, so i was under the impression that you pitited me. i know that you did not accuse me of bashing, i was just clarifying for everyone. i myself am all for gay rights because they are humans too, and the whole point of christianity is LOVE. that's what Jesus was. That's what God IS. GOD is LOVE. if i had to describe God in one word, it would be LOVE. i do not condone, but nor do i condemn. i only LOVE. that's what God commands.

"20If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. 21And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother."
-1 John 4:20-21
and

" 34Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question:

36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.""
-Matthew 22:34-40

so we see that the second greatest command is to love our neighbor as ourselves, and if we say we love God, but hate our brother/neighbor/etc, we lie. LIE. plain and simple.

and as to answer your question, i have no idea how i am a senior member and you are not in this circumstance... _unsure.gif

Kontroll
post Jan 30 2007, 12:14 AM
Post #49

Jake - The Unholy Trinity / Premiscuous Poeteer.

Member No: 411,316

QUOTE(mishyerr @ Jan 29 2007, 5:20 PM) *
hon, that's YOUR teachings.

not "his" or ours.

the original question is whether a gay person can be a christian.
well, can a sinner be a christian? damn right they can be. everyone here is a "sinner." just because someone is gay doesn't mean he has sinned any more than you have. the bible even says that stealing is the same as murdering (this might be out of "exact" context, sorry i didn't research into the book); both are sin. whenever you sin, you are serving the devil. you have "served" both many times.

True that stealing is a sin as much as murder, but some sins are untolerated by God. Such as HOMOSEXUALITY and blasphemy.

It's true that homosexuals can become Christians, but they can't live within that lifestyle anymore. They have to repent and walk away from that life style in order to become a Christian. I know it's not logical for a homosexual to not be able to become a Christian if he must give homosexuality up, or not be a Christian. But it's a moral stand point. You have to devote yourself 100 percent to God. Also, I'm not saying you must pray, worship and bow down to God every second of the day, I'm just saing that your life must follow what the Bible teaches. And it says that homosexuality is wrong. Therefore if you were to be a homosexual and a Christian would be contradictory.

I know we are all wrong and sin, but that's the point. We're humans. We sin. It's impossible not to. We were born with it... Homosexuality is just a sexual preference, which I feel is brought upon by outward influences and experiences. That's just me.

You're suppost to interpret the Bible as you see it, but not take it wrongly. It says that you shouldn't listen to any other man and believing him without searching it for yourself. Now, homosexuality is not changable in the Bible. It's constant. It won't and can't change.

Being a homosexual and a Christian is living a double life. Like, Killer said...

That's how I see it.

*mishyerr*
post Jan 30 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #50

QUOTE(JakeKKing @ Jan 30 2007, 1:14 AM) *
True that stealing is a sin as much as murder, but some sins are untolerated by God. Such as HOMOSEXUALITY and blasphemy.

It's true that homosexuals can become Christians, but they can't live within that lifestyle anymore. They have to repent and walk away from that life style in order to become a Christian. I know it's not logical for a homosexual to not be able to become a Christian if he must give homosexuality up, or not be a Christian. But it's a moral stand point. You have to devote yourself 100 percent to God. Also, I'm not saying you must pray, worship and bow down to God every second of the day, I'm just saing that your life must follow what the Bible teaches. And it says that homosexuality is wrong. Therefore if you were to be a homosexual and a Christian would be contradictory.

I know we are all wrong and sin, but that's the point. We're humans. We sin. It's impossible not to. We were born with it... Homosexuality is just a sexual preference, which I feel is brought upon by outward influences and experiences. That's just me.

You're suppost to interpret the Bible as you see it, but not take it wrongly. It says that you shouldn't listen to any other man and believing him without searching it for yourself. Now, homosexuality is not changable in the Bible. It's constant. It won't and can't change.

Being a homosexual and a Christian is living a double life. Like, Killer said...

That's how I see it.

Wait, so there are "tolerable" and "untolerable" sins? Then does that mean if murdering is on the same level as stealing, that murdering is "tolerable" by God?

I am incredibly spiteful towards religions that do not tolerate homosexuality after that "Westboro Church" crap that happened a while back. Completely unnecessary.

I am saying it simply as YES, a person can be homosexual and Christian. A Christian is someone who follows the teachings of God and Jesus in the Bible,etc. Just like water can be all 3 states at one moment, a person CAN be homosexual and Christian, no matter how contradictory the two seem. Obviously, it happens very much these days, and people are condemned, ridiculed, and bashed for it, unfortunately.

P.S. I think this should be moved to debate, not the boy's locker, lol.

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: