Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
gay and christian, can it happen?
Kontroll
post Feb 20 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #151

Jake - The Unholy Trinity / Premiscuous Poeteer.

Group: Member
Member No: 411,316

QUOTE(Heath21 @ Feb 20 2007, 1:03 AM) *
First of all, you said that there were many different authors who lived in different time periods that wrote the Bible. How can more than one person write about the same exact thing if they live in different time periods? If that is the case, the Bible would in fact be false because one person who witness's something can be true but if the other person witnessed the same thing but they were in a different time period, wouldn't they have to be in the "same" time period to witness it? That just makes no sense at all so please explain that to me? Now, I was told that the Bible WAS in fact written by different people that witnessed different things..but they didn't witness the same things in different time periods unless "time travel" existed back then...you really are not making any sense in that area.

You're right. I was a little confusing. Let me make it more clear. What I was really trying to get at was that the Bible was written in about a 1500 year time span. That's really what I was trying to say. How could authors over 1500 years give or take, know pretty much the same details for the different accounts of what happened?

What statements are accurate and post them and tell me what makes them accurate by posting something that backs up those points. _smile.gif

I say there is no evidence because we do not know 100% sure that the Bible is fact based on just writings, those writings could of been made up by people back then for all we know. Just because something is in writing doesn't state that it is a "fact".

Regarding the shape of the earth:
Isaiah 40:22
It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

The book of Isaiah was written sometime between 740 and 680 BC. This is at least 300 years before Aristotle suggested that the earth might be a sphere in this book On the Heavens.

I tell you, in that night there shall be two [men] in one bed;
the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
Two [women] shall be grinding together;
the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Two [men] shall be in the field;
the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Luke 17:34-36

What is interesting about these verses is that they seem to suggest scientific foreknowledge that the Earth rotates. The references to "two men in bed" suggests that they are sleeping, which is something that normally occurs during the nighttime hours. Two men in the field suggests activities that normally occur during the daylight hours. Yet all of these activities are happening simultaneously. That means that these verses are saying that it is dark in some parts of the world, and light in others when all of these people are being "taken". The only way this could happen is if the Earth rotates, or the Sun is in an orbit around the Earth. Obviously the former is true.

There's an example of science.

The Pilate Inscription. It wasn't long ago when many scholars were questioning the actual existence of a Roman Governor with the name of Pontius Pilate, the procurator who ordered Jesus' crucifixion. In June 1961 Italian archaeologists led by Dr. Frova were excavating an ancient Roman amphitheatre near Caesarea-on-the-Sea (Maritima) and uncovered this interesting limestone block. On the worn face is a monumental inscription which is part of a larger dedication to Tiberius Caesar which clearly says that it was from "Pontius Pilate, Prefect of Judea."

There's an example of history.

Hope this is a little clearer than the last post. Sorry about that.

sweetangel2128
post Feb 21 2007, 02:14 AM
Post #152

Member No: 495,803

QUOTE(JakeKKing @ Feb 20 2007, 7:43 AM) *
You're right. Adam and Eve did have children who procreated with each other. There are certain things that change. For instance, incest. The only reason that it was allowed in the early stages of creation is because of the population. We all know what could very well happen if two closely related family members procreate. They will have a mentally retarded child, most likely. That obviously didn't happen if it was never recorded and people were populating with no problems.

Well, another Christian woman who has been a Christian for years brought up this fact, just because the Bible doesn't state this doesn't mean it's not true just so you know but she brought up that just because Adam and Eve were mentioned doesn't mean incest happend...what if God created other people around the same time as Adam and Eve but the Bible didn't state it? I think other people were created besides them.

QUOTE(JakeKKing @ Feb 20 2007, 8:22 AM) *
You're right. I was a little confusing. Let me make it more clear. What I was really trying to get at was that the Bible was written in about a 1500 year time span. That's really what I was trying to say. How could authors over 1500 years give or take, know pretty much the same details for the different accounts of what happened?

Yeah, that's what I was told it was written over time but I thought you were saying that one person in one time period wrote about one thing and then another person in another time period wrote about the same exact thing...that's why I was like "no way" lol...

Kontroll
post Feb 21 2007, 03:56 AM
Post #153

QUOTE(Heath21 @ Feb 21 2007, 2:14 AM) *
Well, another Christian woman who has been a Christian for years brought up this fact, just because the Bible doesn't state this doesn't mean it's not true just so you know but she brought up that just because Adam and Eve were mentioned doesn't mean incest happend...what if God created other people around the same time as Adam and Eve but the Bible didn't state it? I think other people were created besides them.
Yeah, that's what I was told it was written over time but I thought you were saying that one person in one time period wrote about one thing and then another person in another time period wrote about the same exact thing...that's why I was like "no way" lol...

Alright. Ha ha. I'm not going to reply to anything besides what the topic is about. I really don't want to go off into different tangents.

Here's a question that will make you think. I guess. Ha ha. If God didn't create only Adam and Eve why aren't they mentioned? Obviously, if the names of those people that were created by Adam and Eve were mentioned why weren't the others who weren't? Didn't they have the same role as Adam and Eve in populating the world?

You really have to look at the genealogies. It doesn't mention it all in the first chapter.

sweetangel2128
post Feb 21 2007, 04:13 PM
Post #154

QUOTE(JakeKKing @ Feb 21 2007, 12:56 AM) *
Here's a question that will make you think. I guess. Ha ha. If God didn't create only Adam and Eve why aren't they mentioned? Obviously, if the names of those people that were created by Adam and Eve were mentioned why weren't the others who weren't? Didn't they have the same role as Adam and Eve in populating the world?

Because Adam and Eve were the ones that brought sin into the world and the story was centered around them. That's why the others weren't brought up plus if you notice in one of the chapters it states that God created man in his image but it also says "male and female". just because it states male and female doesn't imply that adam and eve were the only ones. And I believe somewhere in chapter John or Genesis it says something about "people" which also tells us there was more than just them. Heres the verse from Genesis for the image thing -

Genesis 1:27 - So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Kontroll
post Feb 22 2007, 04:28 AM
Post #155

QUOTE(Heath21 @ Feb 21 2007, 4:13 PM) *
Because Adam and Eve were the ones that brought sin into the world and the story was centered around them. That's why the others weren't brought up plus if you notice in one of the chapters it states that God created man in his image but it also says "male and female". just because it states male and female doesn't imply that adam and eve were the only ones. And I believe somewhere in chapter John or Genesis it says something about "people" which also tells us there was more than just them. Heres the verse from Genesis for the image thing -

Genesis 1:27 - So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

No where in what you just said implies that there were more than Adam and Eve.

Notice how the words are used in the singular tense. To note...Singular people.

But how does this relate to homosexuality? wacko.gif

sweetangel2128
post Feb 22 2007, 03:45 PM
Post #156

QUOTE(JakeKKing @ Feb 22 2007, 1:28 AM) *
No where in what you just said implies that there were more than Adam and Eve.

Notice how the words are used in the singular tense. To note...Singular people.

But how does this relate to homosexuality? wacko.gif

How does it relate? Well you guys were talking about how there was incest back then when Adam and Eve were first created and I said what if there wasn't but other people were created around the same time (maybe people of no importance like Adam and Eve but they were created) if there were others, then incest wouldn't happen.

Kontroll
post Feb 22 2007, 06:09 PM
Post #157

QUOTE(Heath21 @ Feb 22 2007, 3:45 PM) *
How does it relate? Well you guys were talking about how there was incest back then when Adam and Eve were first created and I said what if there wasn't but other people were created around the same time (maybe people of no importance like Adam and Eve but they were created) if there were others, then incest wouldn't happen.

Back then incest was looked upon differently. The pharoahs traditionally married their sisters. Think about it. WHy do you think they lived such short lives? I don't know if that's the answer, but it's just something to think about.

But considering the atmosphere back near the creation, things were drastically different. People lived longer, and things of that nature.

sweetangel2128
post Feb 23 2007, 02:45 AM
Post #158

QUOTE(JakeKKing @ Feb 22 2007, 3:09 PM) *
Back then incest was looked upon differently. The pharoahs traditionally married their sisters. Think about it. WHy do you think they lived such short lives? I don't know if that's the answer, but it's just something to think about.

But considering the atmosphere back near the creation, things were drastically different. People lived longer, and things of that nature.

Yeah that makes sense. Weird and kinda creepy though lol wacko.gif

Juris Khan
post Mar 15 2007, 10:10 PM
Post #159

Member No: 99,060

QUOTE(Uronacid @ Feb 17 2007, 1:41 AM) *
It's like trying to mix oil and water... C'mon guys, you'll kill all the dolphins... geez :[

I think that if Homosexuality is deemed "not a sin" all the dolphins will die... the seals too. What do you think? I mean, God said that in the "Bible" didn't he?

John 48:12-14 "For Homosexuality is a wretched sin in the eyes of the Father. Thus, He sayeth for all the mammals of the sea with the power in the heavens shall pay for the sins of the unrighteous. The stench shall be like that of the unrighteous, and great blood of the sea shall be on their adopted espoused children's children."

did anyone realize that there is not John 48:12-14? did anyone realize there is no John 48? John ends at chapter 21...in fact, none of the new testament books have more than 28 chapters....and only 5 books have 48 chapters or more....perhaps we should make sure that our support is real and actually exists before we use it to justify ourselves.....just a thought....

man, i havent checked on this thread in a while...i havent been on CB in a while, for that matter...and to come back and see how far it's gone...wow...i really didnt mean for people to get as angry and critical of others as they did in here....

Kontroll
post Mar 15 2007, 10:13 PM
Post #160

QUOTE(Juris Khan @ Mar 15 2007, 11:10 PM) *
did anyone realize that there is not John 48:12-14? did anyone realize there is no John 48? John ends at chapter 21...in fact, none of the new testament books have more than 28 chapters....and only 5 books have 48 chapters or more....perhaps we should make sure that our support is real and actually exists before we use it to justify ourselves.....just a thought....

man, i havent checked on this thread in a while...i havent been on CB in a while, for that matter...and to come back and see how far it's gone...wow...i really didnt mean for people to get as angry and critical of others as they did in here....

Haha, yeah... He was just messing around.

sweetangel2128
post Mar 18 2007, 04:02 AM
Post #161

QUOTE(Juris Khan @ Mar 15 2007, 8:10 PM) *

There might not be a John 48 but there is 2 Johns. 1 John and 2 John. What's the point of writing a John 48 if all that happend has been said? It's not like someone sat and made up the stories, otherwise there would probably be a John 48 lol.

kipani1984
post Mar 20 2007, 05:14 AM
Post #162

Member No: 435,709

Well this post might offend people, so ignore me if it does.

If you're gay, you're gay. You can't help it. If it offends christians, who gives a rats ass. Takin a crap offends them. Just don't go as far as to force a priest to marry you and your gay lover. THAT would be true offense. Get a legal marriage XD

sweetangel2128
post Mar 20 2007, 08:24 PM
Post #163

QUOTE(Kipani @ Mar 20 2007, 3:14 AM) *
Well this post might offend people, so ignore me if it does.

If you're gay, you're gay. You can't help it. If it offends christians, who gives a rats ass. Takin a crap offends them. Just don't go as far as to force a priest to marry you and your gay lover. THAT would be true offense. Get a legal marriage XD

Not offended whatsoever. I agree with you actually. I'm a Christian. I know what the Bible says about being Gay but I don't judge people, that's God's job.

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: