illumineering
post May 12 2006, 10:07 PM
Post #1

I love Havasupai

Group: Member
Member No: 163,878

click

Updated: 2:00 a.m. ET May 12, 2006
DALLAS - A woman convicted of beating and kicking her daughter’s teacher in front of the girl’s seventh-grade class was sentenced to six months in jail Thursday.

Paulette Baines, 45, was convicted Wednesday of felony assault on a public servant. She also was fined $800 and ordered to pay $14,000 restitution to Mary Oliver.

Baines, a high school teacher, walked into Oliver’s science classroom, grabbed Oliver’s hair and dragged her across the room while punching her in the face and kicking her, Oliver testified.

The April 2005 attack occurred because Baines was angry about Oliver confronting her daughter for being in the hallway without permission, Oliver testified. Baines was fired after the incident.

She apologized Thursday.

Prosecutors pressed for a more serious conviction of aggravated assault on a public servant, citing Oliver’s two broken ribs, concussion, bruises and damaged disks in her neck. The defense argued that Oliver’s injuries were not that serious and that she did not qualify as a public servant.

Oliver said she was happy with the verdict. “My goal was for her to never be in the classroom again, and a felony conviction assures that,” she said.

This girl's mother was a teacher, too! I thought she was supposed to be a role model! blink.gif

Chii
post May 12 2006, 10:18 PM
Post #2

dakishimetainoni...

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 75,318

That's not as bad as some news stories I've read recently. A radio DJ getting fired for disgustingly obscene comments about a rival DJ's daughter plus his wife and another one about a nanny shaking a 13 month year old girl into a coma. She also taped her nose and mouth shut.

But anyway, that's a bit much. If that teacher laid a hand on her daughter I'd understand, but the teacher just confronted the other teacher's daughter. What was the big deal?

xscore
post May 12 2006, 10:19 PM
Post #3

i'm 11,386. back off BITCHES!!

Member No: 11,386

woah, vicious.
@___@

AnnahhbeL
post May 12 2006, 10:41 PM
Post #4

=]

Member No: 156,614

That's a viscious mom..and to be a teacher too..

Simba
post May 12 2006, 10:45 PM
Post #5

Photoartist

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 399,390

That's some school. Man, nothing happends from where I'm from.

*Intoxique*
post May 12 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Chii @ May 12 2006, 8:18 PM) *
That's not as bad as some news stories I've read recently. A radio DJ getting fired for disgustingly obscene comments about a rival DJ's daughter plus his wife and another one about a nanny shaking a 13 month year old girl into a coma. She also taped her nose and mouth shut.
But anyway, that's a bit much. If that teacher laid a hand on her daughter I'd understand, but the teacher just confronted the other teacher's daughter. What was the big deal?
What a evil nanny. Poor baby, taping it's nose & mouth mellow.gif.
'I wanna pull a R Kelly on your daughter'.
Ew, that's just sick ermm.gif.
QUOTE(Arjuna Capulong @ May 12 2006, 8:45 PM) *
That's some school. Man, nothing happends from where I'm from.
Same here. I don't think our school ever been on the news or anything special.
Wow, teacher fight whistling.gif.

iROCKYOURSOCKS
post Aug 13 2006, 05:39 PM
Post #7

<(- -)><(- - <)(>- -)><(- - )>

Member No: 400,609

wow that is one crazy mom and especially if she is a teacher! no shame!

soEXCLUSIVE
post Aug 13 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #8

Member No: 404,865

So.. She beat the teacher for confronting her daughter about breaking a rule? Favoritism in schools is no good. In front of the entire class too!

I heard about the radio DJ too. They were playing parts of his broadcast on another radio station, interchanging with comments from the DJ whose daughter he was targeting. It was chilling, to say the least. Good thing he got fired.

goodcharlotte
post Aug 15 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #9

All The Girlies Say I'm Pretty Fly For A White Guy

Member No: 400,858

Hot head verymad.gif . Wow all of that for confronting a student? What has this world come to. These stories are ridiculous. shrug.gif

femmefatale4160
post Aug 15 2006, 05:41 PM
Post #10

I've got ADD and magic markers. Oh the thrills I will have.

Member No: 445,743

That's ridiculous. Not only that, but the DJ and baby story, too. This is depressing...I need chocolate.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: