2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Share Your Past Punishments., Talk about your past reprimands or punishments.
bat19
post Jan 11 2007, 02:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Human
Member No: 494,019

Have you been punished for something on this site? Do you think you were unfairly judged for something ineffectual you stated or something very mediocre that was possibly taken out of context? Do you ever wonder why some people are favored over you and are allowed to do almost anything they want without feeling the blade of castigation?
Well, on this post you can speak your mind openly until the eventual closing of the post as seems the custom. I am part of the JUC Unholy Trinity and anyone who has been in relationships recently probably knows me and doesn't like me. This is in actuality my first week ever on CreateBlog and yet for not adhering to rules that others seem to break consistently I was reprimanded after two days with a 14 day Mod preview. Not that I am complaining. I take my punishment without restraint and hope for the day when I too can be part of the selected immaculate. But if things like this do bother you, by all means speak your mind freely and openly. Thank You

I will put this in Feedback for now. --Arjuna

This post has been edited by Arjuna Capulong: Jan 11 2007, 06:44 PM

Simba
post Jan 11 2007, 09:26 PM
Post #2

Photoartist

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 399,390

Well, seeing how this is supposed to be members talking about receiving a "punishment" that they feel they did not deserve, it would be help see how fair members think the moderators are when it comes to "punishments."

*Infinite.*
post Jan 11 2007, 10:22 PM
Post #3

I personally don't see anything wrong with where Jeremy is coming from I suppose. Hes speaking his mind, and if we find that offensive then I suppose no one can have a opinion.

*Statues/Shadows*
post Jan 11 2007, 10:37 PM
Post #4

First mod to be suspended. But of course, that week long demotion ended in a promotion from people to head staff, so I definitely survived.

I don't care about your situation enough to read what you're on about. I am entirely self-centered, thanks.

*Infinite.*
post Jan 11 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #5

^laugh.gif not to be rude, Nikki, but your post kind of made me laugh.

I wonder if hes going to come back to coninue along with all the others in this unholy whatever.

*Statues/Shadows*
post Jan 11 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #6

How is that rude?

*Infinite.*
post Jan 11 2007, 10:42 PM
Post #7

I wouldn't ever want to offened someone by laughing at their post. Some people don't get that at times and get uptight about it.

-gets back to topic purpose.-

*Statues/Shadows*
post Jan 11 2007, 10:45 PM
Post #8

Some Many people are stupid. I would insist that I am not, were than not an assertion of one's stupidity in itself.

*Libertie*
post Jan 11 2007, 11:10 PM
Post #9

^I'll do the insisting for you, if you'd like. _smile.gif

Anyway, I agree with Arjuna which is why I set Jeremy's post to visible when he moved it here. I'm willing to hear (friendly) discussion on the matter.

bat19
post Jan 12 2007, 12:08 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(Infinite. @ Jan 11 2007, 10:40 PM) *
^laugh.gif not to be rude, Nikki, but your post kind of made me laugh.
I wonder if hes going to come back to coninue along with all the others in this unholy whatever.

haha. I've been posting for a few days now. I actually didnt think that they had approved this post. I wasn't even aware they had moved it until I went in looking for Josh's post.
Yes, the JUC(JakeKing, Uronacid, and The Abominable C-Pillar) Unholy Trinity are going to continue and hopefully flourish on this site, though I'm not sure it will be a recognized club. But on to actually replying to my post, I'm not sure what happened with Krnxswat but I'm pretty sure he got booted off which I can only say I'm more than happy about. He actually deserved it and got away with more than what should have been acceptable. Another thing I'm not 100% on, if you are friends with the person you bash, is it really considered bashing? I know I use the word "bash", but if it's all in good fun and the other person finds it humorous shouldn't there be exceptions to the no bashing/trolling rule?

Intercourselyts
post Jan 12 2007, 12:32 AM
Post #11

Group: Member
Member No: 490,667

^Well I personally wouldn't think if you were "bashing" your friend and it was all in all a joke and both of you knew it, then I wouldn't see where it could be wrong.

If you just went all out and they weren't in on it and stuff I don't really know if it would be all that great to do.

Also Bashing isn't exactly the best thing to do around here, you know its against the rules and if you really want to bash Jake or Josh couldn't you easily just call them and do so?

*mona lisa*
post Jan 12 2007, 12:35 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(The Abominable C-Pillar @ Jan 12 2007, 12:08 AM) *
Yes, the JUC(JakeKing, Uronacid, and The Abominable C-Pillar) Unholy Trinity are going to continue and hopefully flourish on this site, though I'm not sure it will be a recognized club.
If it's an exclusive club where others cannot join, then no, I don't think it will and should be. _smile.gif

But on to actually replying to my post, I'm not sure what happened with Krnxswat but I'm pretty sure he got booted off which I can only say I'm more than happy about. He actually deserved it and got away with more than what should have been acceptable.
No, he was not booted off.

Another thing I'm not 100% on, if you are friends with the person you bash, is it really considered bashing? I know I use the word "bash", but if it's all in good fun and the other person finds it humorous shouldn't there be exceptions to the no bashing/trolling rule?
If you and your friend are both members of createBlog, then it would be member bashing. So yes, while the both of you know that you're only kidding around with each other, others may think it would be okay to bash because individuals like yourselves would get away with it. No, no exceptions to the no-member-bashing and no-forum-trolling rule (at least thus far).

*Uronacid*
post Jan 12 2007, 12:39 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(Intercourse @ Jan 12 2007, 12:32 AM) *
^Well I personally wouldn't think if you were "bashing" your friend and it was all in all a joke and both of you knew it, then I wouldn't see where it could be wrong.

If you just went all out and they weren't in on it and stuff I don't really know if it would be all that great to do.

Also Bashing isn't exactly the best thing to do around here, you know its against the rules and if you really want to bash Jake or Josh couldn't you easily just call them and do so?

is that... Sophie... dururrrrrrrrr XD

I think it was unfair for krnxsw... wait, he quit because he's a pus... wait that's bashing... forget it...

bat19
post Jan 12 2007, 12:43 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(Intercourse @ Jan 12 2007, 12:32 AM) *

haha. Yes, I could possibly call them but that would leave out any side comments the users of this site may want to add. I believe that this site is like a big coin jar where people put their two cents in, but some may want to put more. So every once in a while the jar becomes too full and has to be emptied of all the big coins yet the pennies remain(if this made absolutely no sense what I'm trying to say is that I enjoy seeing people put their side comments in on matters they really have no part of but are watching adamantly from the sidelines. Yet when the big comments(i.e. the inappropriate, over the line comments) are posted, then those people are either punished or banned yet the good people remain to talk about what happened). Damn. Even I'm confused.

*mona lisa*
post Jan 12 2007, 12:46 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(Uronacid @ Jan 12 2007, 12:39 AM) *
I think it was unfair for krnxsw... wait, he quit because he's a pus... wait that's bashing... forget it...
stubborn.gif

QUOTE(The Abominable C-Pillar @ Jan 12 2007, 12:43 AM) *
haha. Yes, I could possibly call them but that would leave out any side comments the users of this site may want to add. I believe that this site is like a big coin jar where people put their two cents in, but some may want to put more. So every once in a while the jar becomes too full and has to be emptied of all the big coins yet the pennies remain(if this made absolutely no sense what I'm trying to say is that I enjoy seeing people put their side comments in on matters they really have no part of but are watching adamantly from the sidelines. Yet when the big comments(i.e. the inappropriate, over the line comments) are posted, then those people are either punished or banned yet the good people remain to talk about what happened). Damn. Even I'm confused.
What are you rambling on about?... wacko.gif

*Uronacid*
post Jan 12 2007, 12:52 AM
Post #16

QUOTE(mona lisa @ Jan 12 2007, 12:46 AM) *
stubborn.gif

What are you rambling on about?... wacko.gif

I know, sometimes he confuses the shit out of me... like, my mind... i'll just loose it...

viugiufgjhfhjfhg...
post Jan 12 2007, 04:02 PM
Post #17

The one man Voltron

Member No: 491,519

If you want to walk the razor's edge, expect to fall at least a few dozen times.

Myself, I don't this it is any kind of stigma to act like a civilized person with average social skills both online and offline, therefore I am not usually one to receive warnings either way.

*Uronacid*
post Jan 12 2007, 04:28 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(Kurd Jam @ Jan 12 2007, 4:02 PM) *
If you want to walk the razor's edge, expect to fall at least a few dozen times.

Myself, I don't this it is any kind of stigma to act like a civilized person with average social skills both online and offline, therefore I am not usually one to receive warnings either way.

Don't you know... you can't can't have humor, be sarcastic, or mildly offensive... this is the internet!!!!! DAMN IT!!!!!

YOU HAVE TO BE A CIVILIZAZED HUMUN-BEAN... >.>

Intercourselyts
post Jan 12 2007, 04:36 PM
Post #19

Member No: 490,667

If it's an exclusive club where others cannot join, then no, I don't think it will and should be.

From my knowledge anyone can join if they PM them or whatever.

viugiufgjhfhjfhg...
post Jan 12 2007, 05:28 PM
Post #20

The one man Voltron

QUOTE(Uronacid @ Jan 12 2007, 10:28 PM) *
Don't you know... you can't can't have humor, be sarcastic, or mildly offensive... this is the internet!!!!! DAMN IT!!!!!

YOU HAVE TO BE A CIVILIZAZED HUMUN-BEAN... >.>

Halt there, Saint Internaut the Martyr.

Pretty much like it happens in the real world, it's ultimately your decision to choose one course of action over another. Yes, the Internet has the quality of not having to deal with other people face to face, though. If one decides to use that as an advantage for being a jerk to people online, that's ultimately up to that person alone. The Internet's amusement value has nothing to do with it, so if you may, you can drop the "Internet is (something something)" argument since it did never cut it to begin with.

I prefer to treat people respectfully despite of the online anonymity issue, myself, and that doesn't mean I have had to surrender my sense of humor, sarcasm or emotions of any kind for that matter. I've never had to use a cliché line for back up, either. Just saying, y'know?

*Uronacid*
post Jan 12 2007, 05:29 PM
Post #21

QUOTE(Intercourse @ Jan 12 2007, 4:36 PM) *
From my knowledge anyone can join if they PM me them or whatever.

You're in the Unholy Trinity?!

Jake, Jeremy?

The only reason I said that was because of your sig... I try to be as obvious as I possibly can when I'm being sarcastic.

"A gang of 1,091,730,861 people with no sense of humor is called the Internet."

multifaceted
post Jan 12 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #22

I'm Cattt. :]

Group: Validating
Member No: 130,831

QUOTE(mona lisa @ Jan 12 2007, 12:35 AM) *
If it's an exclusive club where others cannot join, then no, I don't think it will and should be. _smile.gif

No, he was not booted off.

If you and your friend are both members of createBlog, then it would be member bashing. So yes, while the both of you know that you're only kidding around with each other, others may think it would be okay to bash because individuals like yourselves would get away with it. No, no exceptions to the no-member-bashing and no-forum-trolling rule (at least thus far).

i been given the honor to be joined into the JUC Trinity club by Uronacid (Josh) so it is not an exclusive club where others cannot join, to clear things up (not in a mean way). and i am a girl (fyi) so the club is not only for dudes.

*Azarel*
post Jan 12 2007, 05:46 PM
Post #23

It seems the focus of the topic has strayed a bit. I digress.

I was first warned for arguing with Sharie, Liz, and probably a few others in Member's Photos. At that point, it was unfair because I had ceased after being told to and, regardless, warned. I contacted Seon Ho (admin at the time) and explained the situation, and he lowered my warning level immediately.

I was also warned by Fae before for continuing to argue with DJ in some feedback thread after being verbally warned. That was warranted and later removed by Frankie (head staff at the time) about two weeks later for improved behavior.

Oh, and I almost forgot, I was suspended for the better part of three to four months for going backstage when they were talking crap about me. rolleyes.gif

Staff is fair enough. Just explain your side of the story. (And yes, it's true that sometimes people go unpunished, but staff is only human.)

(And for the record, Seon Ho had been warned, suspended, even IP banned before he asked to be unregistered.)

*I Shot JFK*
post Jan 12 2007, 05:49 PM
Post #24

Please don't use this thread as a club metting or whatever. You made the thread, try to keep to the topic.

I've been suspended once for 30 days, and put on mod-preview for a weekish. Although the second was really more of a misunderstand than anything else.

The first one was deserved, although the OTHER conssequence was not, although I can understand why, under the circumstances, I wasn't believed when I explained the situation.

viugiufgjhfhjfhg...
post Jan 12 2007, 06:21 PM
Post #25

The one man Voltron

QUOTE(Uronacid @ Jan 12 2007, 11:29 PM) *
You're in the Unholy Trinity?!
Jake, Jeremy?

The only reason I said that was because of your sig... I try to be as obvious as I possibly can when I'm being sarcastic.

"A gang of 1,091,730,861 people with no sense of humor is called the Internet."

Nice try, but your post history suggests otherwise. :)

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: