Reply to this topicStart new topic
AP Human Geography
michellerrific
post Apr 29 2007, 01:03 PM
Post #1

vivacity

Group: Official Member
Member No: 495,247

This class sounds pretty interesting, has anyone taken it? What are your opinions on it? I'm currently in Pre-IB but I'm choosing the path with History/Math HL so would this class help in any way?

sprezzatura
post Apr 29 2007, 08:29 PM
Post #2

Peggy.

Group: Member
Member No: 214,025

My school doesn't even offer that class, neither AP nor IB.
My school's IB program is limited to only American and world history. And AP program at my school is very limited too in what classes are offered.

*Monochrome.*
post Apr 29 2007, 08:36 PM
Post #3

I took it.But it wasnt really that intresting so 2nd semester i switched to world history AP

alysaphobia
post Apr 30 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #4

What a sick, masochistic lion.

Group: Member
Member No: 460,535

I thought it was okay. It was easier than AP US by far in my opinion, but definitely less interesting. ;(

*suddenly she*
post Apr 30 2007, 05:16 PM
Post #5

I thought it sounded interesting, so I signed up for it... and this is the most boring class I've ever taken. I'm in it right now (and almost done, thank God).

michellerrific
post May 1 2007, 07:43 PM
Post #6

vivacity

Group: Official Member
Member No: 495,247

Well, I can take either AP Geo or AP Euro and at this rate Geography still sounds more interesting than European history. human geography seems to be all about current events and world issues? Could anyone clarify that? Honestly i couldn't care less about Europe from 237483744 years ago, as mean as that sounds.

*suddenly she*
post May 1 2007, 08:25 PM
Post #7

By current events and world issues, it's just...

Pretty much, you study a region. You learn some history on it, some culture, how their economics and government work, and a lot on ethnic groups and why certain ethnic groups have issues with each other.

Here's a site I created for the AP Human Geography kids in our class because our teacher is ridiculous and ... well, she's just ridiculous. As in, it's her first year teaching this subject so she doesn't really know how to and mostly she can't answer any questions we have.

ex. We were once studying the war in Iraq and for a powerpoint that she borrowed from another high school, it had the initials WMD in it. And she didn't know what a WMD was.

Anyway, here. This is the sort of material we get.
http://fairyboxes.googlepages.com/aphg

I hear AP Euro History is good class, but extremely challenging. I don't like history that much though.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: