Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Official Harry Potter Club
marzipan
post Jul 12 2006, 09:46 PM
Post #376

Krista.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 391,319

i never did like mcgonagall...she just seemed like an uptight butthole.

*Statues/Shadows*
post Jul 12 2006, 09:52 PM
Post #377

No, not at all! She's great because she seems that way, but that makes it that much better when she does things like react to Umbridge, or let Harry be seeker rather than punish him, etc etc. She makes me laugh.

*mona lisa*
post Jul 12 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #378

Oh yeah, like when McGonagall was telling Peeves to unscrew some chandelier the other way because he wanted to cause trouble for Umbridge. I literally laughed out loud. God, I hate Umbridge. I can't wait to see how she'll be portrayed in the movie, looking all toad-like. I admire McGonagall for standing up to Umbridge but she's not a great headmistress at all.

Lupin would be my favorite male adult. After finding out how Snape betrayed Dumbledore, I lost a bit of respect for Dumbledore otherwise he would have been my first choice. I thought him to be omniscient but after being too trusting of Snape, nuh uh. I also think the man who portrays Voldemort is an extremely good actor. True, I despise his character, but he's an awesome actor.

I teared up when Sirius died and actually cried when Dumbledore died... not at that instant but certainly when Harry and Hagrid find him and during some part of the funeral.

Ahh, yes, I forgot to say that I love the Weasly twins as well.

Also, I've grown to like Ginny a lot. She's made me laugh a lot in the fifth and sixth books.

xlilaznchickx
post Jul 13 2006, 07:09 PM
Post #379

Group: Member
Member No: 193,600

DRACO RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*disco infiltrator*
post Jul 14 2006, 12:36 AM
Post #380

QUOTE(mona lisa @ Jul 12 2006, 10:08 PM) *
Oh yeah, like when McGonagall was telling Peeves to unscrew some chandelier the other way because he wanted to cause trouble for Umbridge. I literally laughed out loud. God, I hate Umbridge. I can't wait to see how she'll be portrayed in the movie, looking all toad-like. I admire McGonagall for standing up to Umbridge but she's not a great headmistress at all.

Lupin would be my favorite male adult. After finding out how Snape betrayed Dumbledore, I lost a bit of respect for Dumbledore otherwise he would have been my first choice. I thought him to be omniscient but after being too trusting of Snape, nuh uh. I also think the man who portrays Voldemort is an extremely good actor. True, I despise his character, but he's an awesome actor.

I teared up when Sirius died and actually cried when Dumbledore died... not at that instant but certainly when Harry and Hagrid find him and during some part of the funeral.

Ahh, yes, I forgot to say that I love the Weasly twins as well.

Also, I've grown to like Ginny a lot. She's made me laugh a lot in the fifth and sixth books.

Mmmmmmm I think that Snape/Dumbledore thing is a trick...
But I agree. I loved Lupin. He was just great. His and Harry's relationship reminded me of the one between me and my French teacher.

I really wish Richard Harris didn't die. The new Dumbledore is awful.

*mona lisa*
post Jul 14 2006, 08:23 AM
Post #381

Aww. I loved the old Dumbledore. He was my fav! I liked him even more than Harry himself in the first two movies. The new Dumbledore is just too quick and outspoken.

The Snape killing Dumbledore could be a trick. I don't think it is but I could be wrong. Dumbledore calls on Snape whenever there is dark arts involved. Perhaps he wanted Snape to do something about this weak condition from drinking that potion but I can't help but feel after Snape's attitude throughout the whole book and making an Unbreakable Vow, he's just trying to save his own sorry ass... as well as Draco's.

marzipan
post Jul 14 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #382

Krista.

i thought it was rather odd when harry and ginny got together. they just don't seem like a couple to me..

*disco infiltrator*
post Jul 14 2006, 11:21 AM
Post #383

^ Same here. Awful pairing. That came out of nowhere and they never really talked or anything. She was just "Ron's little sister".

marzipan
post Jul 14 2006, 02:49 PM
Post #384

Krista.

yeah. and it would be definitely awkward for ron to have his best friend dating his little sister >.<

*mona lisa*
post Jul 14 2006, 07:28 PM
Post #385

Haha. I remember he gave a little shrug meaning "well, if you must" when Harry kissed Ginny. Their pairing is a bit weird but I don't mind Ginny herself. I wished Harry would pair up with Hermione.

*Statues/Shadows*
post Jul 14 2006, 08:30 PM
Post #386

QUOTE(disco infiltrator @ Jul 14 2006, 12:21 PM) *
^ Same here. Awful pairing. That came out of nowhere and they never really talked or anything. She was just "Ron's little sister".

She didn't talk because she liked him. She's always liked him. I think it makes sense.

marzipan
post Jul 14 2006, 08:34 PM
Post #387

Krista.

QUOTE(mona lisa @ Jul 14 2006, 7:28 PM) *
I wished Harry would pair up with Hermione.

yeah, me too. but i think ron and hermione are a cute couple.

*I Shot JFK*
post Jul 19 2006, 08:27 AM
Post #388

sure. why not?

xCrys
post Jul 24 2006, 02:35 PM
Post #389

Member No: 344,469

Awh, I wanna join :)

iiTsDAYNA
post Jul 24 2006, 06:22 PM
Post #390

My peanut.

Member No: 187,456

join. I <3 me some harry potter.

aubbob
post Jul 24 2006, 07:34 PM
Post #391

Group: Human
Member No: 381,065

ahhhh i've been watching harry potter for the past 3 hours. i'm on the 2nd movie haha

*mona lisa*
post Jul 24 2006, 10:06 PM
Post #392

QUOTE(aubbob. @ Jul 24 2006, 8:34 PM) *
ahhhh i've been watching harry potter for the past 3 hours. i'm on the 2nd movie haha
Haha, then the guy in my avatar should be very familiar. tongue.gif

iROCKYOURSOCKS
post Jul 24 2006, 11:25 PM
Post #393

<(- -)><(- - <)(>- -)><(- - )>

Member No: 400,609

OOO I WANNA JOIN!! ive been reading my whole collection lol.

*mona lisa*
post Aug 2 2006, 09:21 AM
Post #394

The Harry Potter thread and Official Harry Potter Clubs topics have been merged.

Ever since I stopped rereading the books I haven't thought bout Harry Potter, but I am dying for the seventh book. I can't wait to learn more about Dumbledore as well as the other horcruxes.

*I Shot JFK*
post Aug 2 2006, 10:55 AM
Post #395

Can i just say that i STILL think Harry is a horcrux.

anyway...

short_dark_hair
post Aug 2 2006, 01:20 PM
Post #396

Bada-bing, bada-boom.

Member No: 86,111

Harry. <3333333333333

Ron and Hermoine. <33333333333

THE SHIP WILL LIVE ON!

:D

xlilaznchickx
post Aug 3 2006, 04:35 PM
Post #397

Member No: 193,600

well he could be dead...but not really sure...i think he is dead...i want to see if harry finds all the horcruxes....will harry die or voldemort(sp?)? or will they both die...who would harry get together with..ginny? hermione? cho chang? whoever new character?

happinessx
post Aug 3 2006, 04:36 PM
Post #398

Yeah, 'tis me.

Member No: 434,337

Dumbledore is dead. Even JK Rowling confirmed it...(Mugglenet.com, self-confessed addict) and so completely quashed DumbledoreIsNotDead.com.

Which is sad...for me he was the total backbone of the book. I feel incredibly sorry for Harry Potter; he seems so vunerable without the support and knowledge of Dumbledore behind him.

Still, JK was right to get rid of him (I'll get hate mail for saying this...) because harry needed to grow up and learn to live without the comfort of Dumbledore's protection at all times. Harry has always been at risk, but I think he didn't really begin to realise it until Dumbledore died. Now Harry has to fight more battles on his own.

I'm eagerly looking forward to Book 7! :]

Also, just to say; I'm a total theory freak and I LOVE discussing every theory, whether it be shipping Ron and Luna (!) or Snape's 'side' (in the war). So if you'd like to have a full-rage discussion with me about Harry Potter, please contact me because I haven't had a good one since I worked at Mugglenet. :]

[As if you couldn't tell, I'm a Harry Potter addict. Haha]

*This Confession*
post Aug 3 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #399

odd a harry potter club.
I use to enjoy reading the books, everyone says my boyfriend looks like Daniel Radcliffe which I find odd since I still don't see it.

*mona lisa*
post Aug 3 2006, 05:07 PM
Post #400

QUOTE(happinessx @ Aug 3 2006, 5:36 PM) *
Dumbledore is dead. Even JK Rowling confirmed it...(Mugglenet.com, self-confessed addict) and so completely quashed DumbledoreIsNotDead.com.

Which is sad...for me he was the total backbone of the book. I feel incredibly sorry for Harry Potter; he seems so vunerable without the support and knowledge of Dumbledore behind him.

Still, JK was right to get rid of him (I'll get hate mail for saying this...) because harry needed to grow up and learn to live without the comfort of Dumbledore's protection at all times. Harry has always been at risk, but I think he didn't really begin to realise it until Dumbledore died. Now Harry has to fight more battles on his own.
I find that one of the most intriguing things about the end of book 6. Harry is on his own now without Dumbledore to get him out of major situations, specially dealing with the Ministry. I think Dumbledore was expecting his death to occur sometime soon (this may have been said by Dumbledore in the book, I don't remember) because he began telling Harry pretty much everything he knew about Voldemort's past, the reason why Harry was attacked, horcruxes etc.

18 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: