Reply to this topicStart new topic
CB Skaters/BMXers
Mikeplyts
post May 31 2009, 09:01 AM
Post #1

Mel Blanc was allergic to carrots.

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 676,291

Just wondering, when and why did you first start skating/bmxing?

I started skating about a year ago because one of my good friends had began to skateboard. I thought it looked pretty cool so I tried it it out but then I found out it really difficult, for me at least, at the moment. So I took a break but then one day I saw that he was able to ollie and for some reason, I had envy of that. So shortly afterwards, I bought my own skateboard and skated everyday. I practiced for about 2 weeks before I learned the ollie and once I learned how to ollie, I just never stopped practicing. I would skate everyday till like 9 PM. So now to this day, I still skate everyday and try my best to improve my skills. _smile.gif

u?

brooklyneast05
post May 31 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #2

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

^what kinda board? do you ride street or spend more times at skate parks? you should keep practicing and not let yourself fall of it. it's hard to get back into it it seems.

this answers it pretty good for me so i'll just quote one of my other posts
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Jan 30 2009, 03:07 PM) *
i've been riding like 10 years or something but i've never been that serious about it besides a brief stage when i was like 13-15 and i wanted to be tony hawk or some shit. i usually only skate long boards now for leisure with a friend. riding > tricks to me personally. i should do it more really.

DoubleJ
post May 31 2009, 09:16 AM
Post #3

The Resident Drunk

Group: Head Staff
Member No: 593,266

I am investing in a bmx bike. Gonna go to da shop down in manhattan and have Tyrone Williams build one for me.

Mikeplyts
post May 31 2009, 09:50 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ May 31 2009, 10:13 AM) *
^what kinda board? do you ride street or spend more times at skate parks? you should keep practicing and not let yourself fall of it. it's hard to get back into it it seems.

Well my first board was a blind, then an element, and now a birdhouse. I prefer to skate street but that's actually all I can really ever do all the time. I sometimes head down to the skatepark but it's pretty far away which is why I'm not really good skating vert since I don't have quick access to it. I can drop down on half pipes and stuff and maybe bust out a few kickflips on some funboxes. I usually go this skatepark.

brooklyneast05
post May 31 2009, 10:36 AM
Post #5

I'm Jc

^ my normal board is an element. i never got into vert much either. it's scary haha, standing at the top of a ramp thinking you're probably gonna bust your head open if you mess this up.

Mikeplyts
post May 31 2009, 10:52 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ May 31 2009, 11:36 AM) *
^ my normal board is an element. i never got into vert much either. it's scary haha, standing at the top of a ramp thinking you're probably gonna bust your head open if you mess this up.

lol, well, I've never really dropped in on one of the big halfpipes but I do go on like the meduim ones. That's what I thought too and it made me wear a helmet for the first time, haha. It's actually pretty easy once you get used to it but still...gives me the willies. What's the highest ledge you've done a trick off?

brooklyneast05
post May 31 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #7

I'm Jc

i duno exactly, not very high sad.gif i had a friend who could jump off/on almost anything it seemed like and land it. what's the highest you have

this makes me wanna go skate around

Mikeplyts
post May 31 2009, 11:04 AM
Post #8

^lol, iknorite.

I think the highest ledge I've ever done a trick off was about 6-8 feet high. I did a heelflip off it. dance.gif

Damn, now I really want to skate but I can't since everyone is still sleeping in the neighborhood. sad.gif

Maccabee
post May 31 2009, 12:05 PM
Post #9

Member No: 593,382

I cycle, but I dont bmx. I would get a proper bike for speed, but I like racing on trails so I have a mountain bike with 24" wheels I think.

Mikeplyts
post May 31 2009, 01:45 PM
Post #10

^Mountain biking is pretty fun too. I use my brother's bike that has 28" wheels and 7 gears. What's the farthest that you'ved biked? My longest was about 3 or 4 miles. I was extremely exhausted afterwards, haha.

heyo-captain-jac...
post May 31 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #11

/人◕‿‿◕人\

Group: Official Member
Member No: 602,927

I skateboard occasionally. Almost exclusively vert. Can't do yo fancy newfangled kickflip to smith varial out, but I indy like a motherf*cker.

I'd like to get back into offroad biking. I stopped for about a year, left my bike exposed to the elements. Now the front wheel moves independently from the handlebars. Bitch was 24 speed with 26 inch tires. I could hit 22 on a dirt trail, 30 on concrete.

Maccabee
post May 31 2009, 03:16 PM
Post #12

Member No: 593,382

QUOTE(Mikeplyts @ May 31 2009, 01:45 PM) *
^Mountain biking is pretty fun too. I use my brother's bike that has 28" wheels and 7 gears. What's the farthest that you'ved biked? My longest was about 3 or 4 miles. I was extremely exhausted afterwards, haha.

I go 5 miles a few times a week. When your riding a bike though a few miles isn't a big deal. You know? Except when I ride my bike a lot my knees get swolen, cause I have oschgood schlauter, that weird thing that only males get during puberty.

O and the bike I use, has like 3 options on the left and 6 on the right for gears.

Mikeplyts
post Jun 8 2009, 10:17 AM
Post #13

bump.

Finally landed a 360 nollie pop-shuvit into a manual. punk.gif Btw, which is harder to do? A manual or a nose manual? I find nose manuals to be harder since you have to like adjust your body to the front of the board instead of your comfort zone in the back. mellow.gif

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: