TCM, Turner Classic Movies
Larentia
post Sep 28 2007, 08:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 498,248

I watch it almost all the time.
I'm in love with classic/older movies.

Anyone else watch this channel or like old movies?

*karmakiller*
post Sep 28 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #2

Sometimes if there's nothing else too interesting on I'll watch them. I don't really like it when they play old musicals or movies with lots of singing... it just gets kind of annoying. I have DirecTV and there's a few classic movie channels. They'll play old Frankenstein and stuff, so it's cool. It's cool to watch movies from the 40's and 50's and see how acting was regarded differently.

Larentia
post Sep 28 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #3

Member No: 498,248

Yeah, I can understand about the musicals. I think they can get kind of tedious myself. I get annoyed whenever they play movies from the 60s/70s/80s. I'm more of a 20s/30s/40s fan.
I agree, it's just so interesting to see how the women/men dressed, talked, etc. I love watching them and comparing them to modern movies.

AThorpedo
post Sep 29 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #4

rarararar

Member No: 577,738

I would if I got the channel. Waaaah.

Joss-eh-lime
post Sep 29 2007, 04:33 PM
Post #5

tell me more.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 35,640

I wish I had that channel!
I saw it when I was on a cruise, and I saw movies about this girl named Gidget. they were cute.

NoSex
post Oct 1 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #6

in the reverb chamber.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 300,308

I'm a huge fan of TCM. It has really great, uninterrupted, and uncensored films. Really, it is something I wish I would take more advantage of, but I never seem to find the time to sit down. Also, a lot of the better films tend to play late night/early morning - I'm generally out or asleep around those times. But, highlights are definitely TCM Underground and their monthly collection of foreign features. Also, they're starting to show "cult classics," aside from just the Underground batch. Looking forward to this months Friday night horror focus.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: