Reply to this topicStart new topic
Cartoon Animation, industry
OkamaPower
post Jul 4 2006, 04:54 AM
Post #1

Kuki Nakamarua - AKA Bobby Lee

Group: Member
Member No: 8,812

I need help... its been like 3 years and createblog hasnt let me down yet _smile.gif
When I grow up, I want to make my own TV show... I just finished middle school and I dont know much about the cartoon industry. If you have an idea for a cartoon show, are you the one that does the art? Im real troubled with this and looking it up is more difficult. Theres producers, creator, storyboard, character design, background. so like one person doesnt manage all that? man i feel like a kid but im beggining to become an adult

*Freaky Krazer*
post Jul 4 2006, 01:08 PM
Post #2

Well actually, there are some animes/cartoons/shows that have one creator/writer and another person do the sketches. Some creators do the sketches themselves. It's all on you. Producers and all come after once your show is approved. Some people just bring the story to this channel/network and that's when they hire people to help you do finishting touches.

*disco infiltrator*
post Jul 4 2006, 01:08 PM
Post #3

You should probably try starting out making webcomics.

OkamaPower
post Jul 4 2006, 11:26 PM
Post #4

wow, this is very complex for a young persons mind. should i start off making manga and then doing cartoon shows?

*Freaky Krazer*
post Jul 5 2006, 01:04 AM
Post #5

^that's how artists usually start out. It depends on your storyline. Take Sakura Taisen for example, it started out as an anime first due to the fact it was an action/adventure themed-anime.

I think money plays a huge part too. You gotta be more loaded than loaded to start with anime... I believe

It's not as basic as it seems though. The artist has to sketch every move the character will do then they modify the movements on the computer to make it.. really move o_O. If the artist can't do it on his own he can always hire helpers.

OkamaPower
post Jul 5 2006, 03:59 AM
Post #6

dangit, money is going to be a hard struggle for me... i keep forgetting once i go on my own, my parents wont be my walking banks anymore... i want to grow up and have a world wide loved series... making something original is almost impossible... ok now look, right now........ think of something... a theme, a series, your own... now that original idea is already taken. cartooning will be a hard struggle, but ill stick to my dream no matter how hard it is. what you said about the drawing every movement, I thought that other people do it for you, man now i know how hard it is. i loved drawing ever since i can remember... my first framed drawing by my parents, 1995, mickey mouse drawing, non traced and my parents have that in their folder which i laugh at when i see. i was like 4 or 5 when i drew it and im finally mastering the arts... well life isnt easy as some say. also, i love anime, basically the only kind of drawing i do, if it was made in america, would it be called anime?

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: