Reply to this topicStart new topic
Wondering Why She Isn't the Person She Used to Be, I am having problems with my girlfriend...
Pendragon
post Sep 25 2010, 03:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 768,628

Alright, so the sole reason I even got this account was so I could ask for some help on my relationship issues, I've asked friends, family, BEST friends, and just plain asked myself as to why things are going the way they are going with my girlfriend and I... But hopefully this experience will prove worthwhile and then I'll be dedicated to the site! (crosses fingers)

I've been in this relationship for going on 8 monthsnow and it was absolutely amazing in the first couple of months. I was an 18 year old at the end of my high school year and had never really wanted to be in a relationship with anyone. There had been opportunities, plenty of them, but no girl had just screamed at me "THAT'S HER!!! THAT'S THE GIRL!!" Im very very picky when it comes to my women and if I wanted to be in a relationship it had to be with someone that gave me that vibe.

It was the first day of school and I walk into my next class and sit across from this gorgeous girl (current girlfriend) and I was so breath taken by her beauty I was so damn nervous to talk to her for about two weeks haha. But after finally conversing with her, we hit it off amazingly finding out what we had in common, what the other's lives were like, our pasts, what we aspired to become and make with our lives... She was a junior in high school, senior now.

But after a rocky relationship with her ex and best friendship with me, she finally called it off with the other guy and I admitted my feelings for her. She accepted those feelings and I was absolutely ecstatic! Things were great for the longest time! And when problems happened, we talked about them. Now, to be sweet and cute, I always had celebrated our 'montheversary' by giving her roses included with a card and a summary of our relationship thusfar.

I've given her so much over these last 8 months... But now.. It's her senior year and I'm working all the time. We hardly see eachother, she now claims that she has a problem talking on the phone to me... She only texts me about once a day and when I ask her why, she tells me to get a life. I feel like I've done so much for her and I'm not really getting repaid for it...

I kind of have the feeling this is all on account of the fact that.. It's her senior year, she wants to have fun, but not with me because she claims I "bring her down" and that I annoy her with all of my "constant texting"... On average I'm texting her 2 or 3 times a day. Again, I just feel like I've done alot for her and I'm not really being compensated for it.. She's my best friend...

It makes me angry knowing she doesn't appreciate me anymore..

Am I being selfish? Needy? Is she not caring anymore? Does she want some space? I just want things to be happy for us again... So please, anyone, before I confront her about this can you tell me what I should do, who's right or who's wrong if either of us?

Thankyou,
Pendragon

gelionie
post Sep 25 2010, 01:30 PM
Post #2

say maydayism.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 26,344

Perhaps you can ask yourself these questions first:
On what circumstances did she accept your feelings for her?
Did she say to try it out with you, or did she directly said she likes you too?
Has she ever said 'I love you' (and you know she meant it)?
What has done for you in return?

From what you've described, you don't seem to be a clingy person and your worries are perfectly reasonable. I don't think a relationship is about doing certain things at least a number of times per day/week/month. It's about knowing that the other person cares about you and is happy to be with you. This girl is selfish when she tells you words that hurt you without realising it herself.

I know you're trying to look for advice before confronting your girlfriend. To be honest, the only way you find out what's wrong is really talking to her. See if there are any misunderstandings and any rough times she might be going through. If she still maintains her lack-of-care and cold attitude towards you, it's safe to say that you should end the relationship. Such a girl would not be worth your time.

On an additional note, a person's character doesn't really settle in until around 25 years old. So don't feel too bad about yourself if the girl has really changed over the months. If you've done your best, then don't blame yourself.

I hope everything works out for you.

heyo-captain-jac...
post Sep 25 2010, 06:39 PM
Post #3

/人◕‿‿◕人\

Group: Official Member
Member No: 602,927

ditch the retarded formatting and I might read it

Pendragon
post Sep 26 2010, 02:27 AM
Post #4

Member No: 768,628

She broke up with me this morning. I guess I'll just move on now... I want her back more than anything but... I'll give her time if she doesn't find anyone in between now and then. Things were great at first but... All great things must come to an end. Thankyou "gelionie", I really appreciate it.

none345678
post Sep 26 2010, 04:08 AM
Post #5

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

Group: People Staff
Member No: 596,480

My advice, don't wait and see. You need to go scare you up a new piece of ass as soon as possible.

Blyat
post Sep 26 2010, 03:12 PM
Post #6

Group: Official Member
Member No: 667,832

I;m assuming you're in college now (form what it sounded like when you said your girl is a senior)

Don't wait for her, start looking at girls around your area now, I don't think she is gonna go back to you.

lovebuddha
post Oct 8 2010, 01:30 AM
Post #7

Member No: 769,194

I can say one thing. People do not change. I had to find that out the hard way. And any person that would leave their current relationship to be with someone else, will do the same thing again and again.

This could be a totally different situation, but that is from my experience.

lovebuddha
post Oct 8 2010, 01:32 AM
Post #8

Member No: 769,194

QUOTE(ButtsexV2 @ Sep 25 2010, 07:39 PM) *
ditch the retarded formatting and I might read it

You are just straight up...an ass.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: