Reply to this topicStart new topic
how did you wait to say i love you and who should say it first?
StubbornFemme
post Oct 18 2009, 01:37 AM
Post #1

never settle for less than what you deserve.

Group: Member
Member No: 328,920

im wondering how long it should take for me or anybody in general to say "i love you" first? and WHO should say it first?? is it the same old rule still where the guy should it first?

im just afraid of scaring my guy off or be like WTF? i really do want to say it first but the fear of rejection and scaring him off are things im worried about. also, we're not bf/gf yet, dating for almost 3months now..but we've said it in other ways/forms of i love you but not the legit "i love you" form. plus im thinking it maybe too quick but then a friend of mine said i should just say bc i wouldnt be feeling like this if it wasnt what i felt and so that way he just knows and its better than not ever telling him at all. and if he doesnt say it back that it doesnt mean he doesnt care, hes just not ready.

im just real confused right now.

xDarkHope
post Oct 18 2009, 02:35 AM
Post #2

R.I.P JDL

Member No: 652,668

Saying I love you is different for any relationship. It all depends on how you feel. Some people say it right away, others it takes months/years w/e. If it's the way you feel and you believe he is the one and it isn't just a little fling, then tell him how you feel. It may turn out badly, but it's worth a try isn't it? You never know, he may feel the same. Trust in your friends advice =)

HeartOfPandora
post Oct 18 2009, 11:18 AM
Post #3

i like boobies, yes I do. I like boobies - how 'bout you?

Member No: 662,457

I said it first. In fact, I said it first three times before he said it back. It made my day like WHAM.

Are you sure you actually love him, or are you still in the infatuation stage? There's a difference between loving a friend like crazymad and loving someone you would be happy to spend the rest of your life with.

StubbornFemme
post Oct 18 2009, 12:44 PM
Post #4

never settle for less than what you deserve.

Member No: 328,920

QUOTE(HeartOfPandora @ Oct 18 2009, 09:18 AM) *
I said it first. In fact, I said it first three times before he said it back. It made my day like WHAM.

Are you sure you actually love him, or are you still in the infatuation stage? There's a difference between loving a friend like crazymad and loving someone you would be happy to spend the rest of your life with.

i actually do love him, like i really dont know how else to explain it into words but after 21 yrs of dating guys and being in a relationship w/a few. this current gives me weird feeling ive never felt before..and my heart is agreeing with every little thing that i am. im past the infatuation stage...bc that was for the first few wks before we decided to go out and even the 1st month i was infatuation but after that till now..its past that.

JENNYGETSILLAY
post Nov 7 2009, 02:00 PM
Post #5

Member No: 751,487

if you love him you love him, no questions asked. just dont be the 1st to say it =p

Blyat
post Nov 8 2009, 12:01 AM
Post #6

Group: Official Member
Member No: 667,832

/\ like she said basically

If he really loves you (no matter the situation) he will stay with you no matter how awkward it is

i said it to my bf and ran off :p

datass
post Nov 8 2009, 12:13 AM
Post #7

(′ ・ω・`)

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 72,477

i think i waited like.. 30 minutes after i realized i like him to say i love you. i think he said it first, i dont remember. sort of the same time. that was kind of really fast but, oh it worked.

different for every relationship though. however i dont think there's a rule to who says it first. if you figure that you really do love this guy, and the moment is right (like, not in the middle of discussing his dead puppy) then you could say it first.

JENNYGETSILLAY
post Nov 8 2009, 04:56 AM
Post #8

but then again think of how he would feel. what if he dont love u back? would u be hurt by that?

Blyat
post Nov 8 2009, 05:47 PM
Post #9

Group: Official Member
Member No: 667,832

Want the easiest answer?

Go to him and say "i love you'
There.

karmakiller
post Nov 8 2009, 07:53 PM
Post #10

DDR \\ I'm Dee :)

Group: Mentor
Member No: 384,020

QUOTE(JENNYGETSILLAY @ Nov 8 2009, 03:56 AM) *
but then again think of how he would feel. what if he dont love u back? would u be hurt by that?
I don't think anyone would want the person they're dating to lie to them, but I also don't think anyone would want to date someone if the feelings weren't mutual. Even if it might suck to hear that he can't say it back to you, it's better than him lying and you falling more in love with him.

JENNYGETSILLAY
post Nov 9 2009, 09:11 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(karmakiller @ Nov 8 2009, 07:53 PM) *
I don't think anyone would want the person they're dating to lie to them, but I also don't think anyone would want to date someone if the feelings weren't mutual. Even if it might suck to hear that he can't say it back to you, it's better than him lying and you falling more in love with him.

yeah exactlyy

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: