Reply to this topicStart new topic
Favorite quotes, from books =]
bitesnkisses
post Sep 9 2007, 05:52 PM
Post #1

Amor caecus est

Group: Member
Member No: 508,949

I just finished reading Things Change by Patrick Jones, and there were a two qoutes that I loved... what are your favorite qoutes from books you've read?

Qoutes

"It's easy to watch someone else's life crash and burn, harder to watch your own accident up close"

"None of us really get lied to; we mostly just lie to ourselves"

EmoEyelinerx
post Sep 12 2007, 02:45 PM
Post #2

Hi, Im Brook.

Member No: 508,383

NOT MY DAUGHTER YOUR BITCH!! -Mrs. Weasly from harry potter :)

Oh and also "...so the lion fell in love with the lamb, what a poor lamb, what a sick, masochistic lion" -Twilight or New Moon, cant remember lol

quietlove
post Sep 23 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #3

what is your problem with hard to believe?

Member No: 534,877

'I can well imagine an atheist's last words: "White, white! L-L-Love! My God!"--and the deathbed leap of faith. Whereas the agnostic, if he stays true to his reasonable self, if he stays beholden to dry, yeastless factuality, might try to explain the warm light bathing him by saying, "Possibly a f-f-failing oxygenation of the b-b-brain," and to the very end, lack imagination and miss the better story.'

Life of Pi, ftw.

Joss-eh-lime
post Oct 3 2007, 11:42 PM
Post #4

tell me more.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 35,640

^man, i wish i could understand that. its too complicated for me

"Bella I love you, I've always loved you." Jacob Black- Eclipse

ah thats lame...ill find another soon.

*Michelle*
post Oct 7 2007, 07:57 PM
Post #5

My favoritest quote ever:
"She was extremely excited by my presence but still unafraid, and far too sunk in sorrow to enjoy this confirmation of thousands of beliefs, a pulsing nonhuman with her, that looked and talked as if it were human." - Lestat; Anne Rice

Smarmosaur
post Oct 8 2007, 04:33 PM
Post #6

AKA RockIt Studios

Member No: 421,809

I have tons...
some areeee:

"You are in trouble. Enormous trouble. Angry grizzly bears are going to look tame next to what is waiting for you at home." -Bella Swan

"I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly." -Edward Cullen

and so much more...

Leosageheart
post Oct 10 2007, 06:21 AM
Post #7

Member No: 581,924

"It's possible to take bravery to the point where it becomes insanity." - Edward Cullen

Danielle-Son
post Oct 11 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #8

Member No: 448,573

"I should have told him then that he was my best friend also...I started to; I nearly did. But something held me back. Perhaps I was stopped by that level of feeling, deeper than thought, which contains the truth." - A Separate Peace

"Sacrifice, you made one. I made one. We all make them. But you are angry over yours. You kept thinking about what you lost… You didn’t get it. Sacrifice is a part of life. It’s supposed to be. It’s not something you regret. It’s something to aspire to. Little sacrifices. Big sacrifices. A mother works so her son can go to school. A daughter moves home to care of her sick father...Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you’re not really losing it. You’re just passing it on to someone else." - The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Many more but I don't feel like finding them lol happy.gif

*karmakiller*
post Oct 11 2007, 10:56 PM
Post #9

"There's a fine edge to new grieve, it severs nerves, disconnects reality--there's mercy in a sharp blade. Only with time, as the edge wears, does the real ache begin." - A Dirty Job

*alovesopure*
post Oct 11 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #10

I have a ton of favorites, which I will post lattterrrr.
But this is my current favorite:
"To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it careful round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket-- safe, dark, motionless, airless-- it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable... The only place outside Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers of love is Hell." -C.S. Lewis (the four loves)

Gryffindor-Girl
post Oct 24 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #11

An original Harry Potter fan

Member No: 552,023

"Harry looked around; there was Ginny runny toward him ; she had a hard, blazing look in her face as she threw her arms around him. and with out thinking with out planning it, without worrying about the fact that fifty people where watching, Harry kissed her." - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince pg.533

"There was a clatter as the Basilisk fangs cascaded out of Hermione's arms. Running at Ron, she flung them around his neck and kissed him full on the mouth. Ron threw away the fangs and broom stick he was holding and responded with such enthusiasm that he lifted Hermione off her feet." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pg.625
(it just goes to show that I was right about Ron and Hermione ending up together yay.)

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"-HP:DH

TheReasonWhy
post Oct 28 2007, 03:24 PM
Post #12

bliss.

Member No: 41,566

QUOTE(MorbidAngel @ Oct 8 2007, 05:33 PM) *
"I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly." -Edward Cullen

"Would you please stop trying to take your clothes off?"
- Edward Cullen

Edward: Why is the plane crashing?
Bella: The pilots are passed out drunk.
Edward: Easy. I'd fly the plane.
Bella: Both engines have exploded and we're falling in a death spiral toward the earth.
Edward: I'd wait till we were close enough to the ground, get a good grip on you, kick out the wall, and jump. then I'd run you back to the scene of the accident, and we'd stumble around like the two luckiest survivors in history.
- Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

Everything, in the end, comes down to timing. One second, one minute, one hour, could make all the difference. So much hanging on just these things, tiny increments that together build a life. Like words build a story, and what had Ted said? One word can change the entire world ... something, somehow, had made all these paths converge. You couldn't find it on a checklist, or work it into the equation. It just happened.
- This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen

Don't ever take for granted when people look in your eyes - you've no idea how lucky you are. Actually, forget about luck, you've no idea how important it is to be acknowledged, even if it is with an angry glare. It's when they ignore you, when they look right through you, that you should start worrying.
- If You Could See Me Now by Cecilia Ahern

HakunaMatata
post Oct 29 2007, 01:45 AM
Post #13

Home is where your rump rests!

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 451,969

I have read that cocaine quote from Edward so many times, it's the first thing that popped into my head when I read the topic title. oro.gif

NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!

fairytale-magic
post Dec 8 2008, 10:35 AM
Post #14

SNOW TACO.

Member No: 603,770

"After all, how many ways can one heart be mangled and still be expected to keep beating?"
-Bella Swan, New Moon.

"The most absurd, ridiculous concept—as if there were any way that I could exist without needing you!"
-Edward Cullen, New Moon.

"I'm here, and I love you. I have always loved you, and I will always love you. I was thinking of you, seeing your face in my mind, every second that I was away. When I told you that I didn't want you, it was the very blackest kind of blasphemy."

Edward: "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.."
Bella: "What a stupid lamb."
Edward: "What a sick, masochistic lion."
-Twilight.

"You are exactly my brand of heroin."
-Edward, Twilight.

"You need a brain? You need a heart? Take mine. Take everything I have."
-Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn.

"Guilt versus guilt; whatever works."
-Duncan, Acceleration.

"Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight!
For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night."
-Romeo, Romeo & Juliet.

"Dost thou love me? I know thou wilt say "Aye;"
And I will take thy word. Yet, if thou swear'st,
Thou mayst prove false."
-Juliet, Romeo & Juliet.

[:

fadingcolorsx
post Jan 10 2009, 02:18 PM
Post #15

Member No: 537,273

"You can think of me as a faithless slut if you like. I've taken a new lover. He can give me what you cannot... They say that women dream of danger to those in their care and men of danger to themselves. But I don't dream at all. You say you cant? Then dont do it. That's all. Because I am done with my own whorish heart and I have been for a long time. You talk about taking a stand but there is no stand to take. My heart was ripped out of me the night he was born so dont ask for sorrow now. There is none. Maybe you'll be good at this. I doubt it, but who knows. The one thing I can tell you is that you wont survive for yourself. I know because I would have never come this far. A person who had no one would be well advised to cobble together some passable ghost. Breathe it into being and coax it along with words of love. Offer it each phantom crumb and shield it from harm with your body. As for me my only hope is for eternal nothingness and I hope it with all my heart."
-The Raod, Cormac McCarthy

brooklyneast05
post Jan 10 2009, 02:31 PM
Post #16

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

"A building has integrity just like a man. And just as seldom."
Ayn Rand

*Janette*
post Jan 12 2009, 05:45 PM
Post #17

Here's one that I've read a while ago. I keep a book of all the quotes that I like from books (I'm a nerd, yes.) But it's somewhere buried beneath all the clothes in my room.

"He deserves death."
"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

(Frodo and Gandalf in the Fellowship of the Ring- JRR Tolkien )

chococandles
post Jan 25 2009, 03:49 AM
Post #18

Member No: 674,414

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
- Sirius Black, HP GOF

The ships' masts press against the fog, letting us know they're here. In the distance there's a foghorn. Some vessel is slipping out farther toward the sea.
"Such a mournful sound. So lonely," I say, hugging my knees to my chest. "Do you ever feel that way?"
"Lonely?"
I search for the words. "Restless. As if you haven't really met yourself yet. As if you'd passed yourself once in the fog, and your heart leapt -- "Ah! There I am! I've been missing that piece!" But if happens too fast, and then that part of you disappears into the fog again. And you spend the rest of your days looking for it."
He nods, and I think he's appeasing me. I feel stupid for having said it. It's sentimental and true, and I've revealed a part of myself I shouldn't have.
"Do you know what I think?" Kartik says at last.
"What?"
"Sometimes, I think you can glimpse it in another."
And with that, he leans forward as I do. We meet in a kiss that is not borrowed but shared. His hand cups the back of my beck. My hands find his face. I pull him closer. The kiss deepends. The hand at my neck slides down my back, drawing me into his chest.
- The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray

Haha yeah, it's kind of long.

Also, I love the last paragraph in "I Am The Messenger" by Marcus Zusak, but I think if I tell you, it takes away from the book if you do actually go and read it.

heyo-captain-jac...
post Jan 25 2009, 03:52 AM
Post #19

/人◕‿‿◕人\

Member No: 602,927

In the early days all I hoped was to make a living out of what I did best. But, since there's no real market for masturbation I had to fall back on my bass playing abilities.

Les Claypool.

Gigi
post Jan 25 2009, 04:07 AM
Post #20

in a matter of time

Member No: 191,357

QUOTE(sillylittle-fairytale @ Dec 8 2008, 07:35 AM) *
"The most absurd, ridiculous concept—as if there were any way that I could exist without needing you!"

"I'm here, and I love you. I have always loved you, and I will always love you. I was thinking of you, seeing your face in my mind, every second that I was away. When I told you that I didn't want you, it was the very blackest kind of blasphemy."

"You are exactly my brand of heroin."
-Edward, Twilight.

Why does she use so many italics? It's like she's trying to decorate the shallow crap by distracting you with fancy typefaces.

imano
post Feb 2 2009, 06:43 PM
Post #21

Member No: 650,014

"laila stood perfectly still and looked at tariq until her chest screamed for air and her eyes burned to blink. and, somehow, miraculously, after she took a breath, closed and opened her eyes, he was still standing there. tariq was still standing there."
ATHOUSANDSPLENDIDSUNS

"and so the lion fell in love with the lamb…"
"i was aware of the time slipping away so quickly, like the black road beneath us, and i was hideously afraid that i would never have another chance to be with him like this again — openly, the walls between us gone for once. his words hinted at an end, and i recoiled from the idea. i couldn’t waste one minute i had with him."
TWILIGHT

"love is poisonous in this sense. but one can't do without love.' his voice was firm and self-assured. 'it is an involuntary devotion.'"
EMPRESSORCHID

dosomethin888
post Feb 3 2009, 10:31 PM
Post #22

Member No: 663,413

oooo I have one! But I have to wait until I get home so I can get my book out....

Joanne
post Feb 3 2009, 10:35 PM
Post #23

Member No: 95,404

QUOTE(Gigi @ Jan 25 2009, 01:07 AM) *
Why does she use so many italics? It's like she's trying to decorate the shallow crap by distracting you with fancy typefaces.

XD.gif

dosomethin888
post Feb 3 2009, 11:56 PM
Post #24

Member No: 663,413

"I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough."
The Notebook

batman
post Feb 20 2009, 04:31 AM
Post #25

Member No: 696,018

i've been revisiting perks of being a wallflower recently. i blame it on the experimental music hunt and the strange, existential thoughts that have taken over me as of late.

"So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be."

"When we got out of the tunnel, Sam screamed this really funny scream, and there it was. Downtown. Lights on buildings and everything makes you wonder. Sam sat down and started laughing. Patrick started laughing. I started laughing.

And in that moment, i swear we were infinite. "

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: