6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Facts About Your Period
Smoogrish
post Aug 27 2006, 08:46 AM
Post #26

Group: Official Member
Member No: 328,021

My pediatrician said you usually get your period when you hit about 100 pounds.

Yoursl
post Aug 28 2006, 09:33 AM
Post #27

pinky

Group: Member
Member No: 450,834

my periods weird.. i have it for 3 days.. then it tottally stops for 1 day.. then i have it for 1 more day... then its over
i dont understand it
but i am very very very active
so it might have something to do with that

midgetytina
post Sep 5 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #28

Member No: 461,289

periods suck. i think i missed mine. but, i think it's because of stress. stress can do that, they can make you loose your period, and then it makes you all freaked out and everything. periods are a drag mad.gif

sissyboi
post Sep 24 2006, 01:36 PM
Post #29

Member No: 467,191

thanks for the info (replying with my brother looking away)

nilee08
post Sep 27 2006, 03:44 PM
Post #30

Member No: 445,389

thats very good facts

oboechick
post Sep 27 2006, 11:02 PM
Post #31

Member No: 235,343

QUOTE(Crich323 @ Jun 15 2006, 11:14 PM) *
I think it's so weird how athletic girls skip their period. My friend who is a cross country and track runner get's her period about every other month!
You would think that would encourage us women to run more....

Yeah. I've played on my school soccer teams since 7th grade. I managed to not get my period til the end of my freshman year of high school. But I absolutlely LOVE soccer season, because sometimes I manage to go through the whole season without a period ... no joke! Too bad I don't have time to play on the college soccer team because of my crap schedule of tons of classes and then work every night. Oh well .. I'm gonna have to start working out on my own or just find another team to play on, I guess.

Trinie
post Sep 28 2006, 07:43 AM
Post #32

Trinie loves you

Member No: 464,831

QUOTE(c0cONuTTeR @ Oct 1 2005, 7:39 AM) *
Mines just, all over the place.

so is mine!! but all this was very informational. thank you! happy.gif

*Kathleen*
post Sep 29 2006, 07:39 PM
Post #33

I'm bleeding.. purple. Is that normal? mellow.gif

Anna-x-chan
post Oct 2 2006, 06:52 PM
Post #34

Member No: 467,786

Oh my God this topic made me think of when I first had mine, LOL. pinch.gif
I thought I was gonna die. laugh.gif But thanks for posting, its interesting. happy.gif

*Kathleen*
post Oct 3 2006, 08:07 PM
Post #35

This one girl in my gym class was seriously contemplating a sex change due to the amount of cramps she was getting from her period today. laugh.gif I was amused.

MalamaMulisha
post Oct 5 2006, 04:52 AM
Post #36

Number 1

Member No: 379,503

I only get mine for three days at the longest so it's alright i suppose

Tard<3
post Oct 21 2006, 08:02 PM
Post #37

Member No: 474,361

wacko.gif Ok.. So I'm new to the whole period thing
I got my first period last month..
EXACTLY the morning of sept 29th, around 8:10
I got it again YESTERDAY.. it hasn't been long this the last one :/
The last one was SUPER light and light light brown, it lasted three days.
This one is SUPER heavy.. I've ruined 4 pairs of underwear since yesterday, Its gushing all over.. Dark red, soaking up the pads quickly..

Is this possible?
To get your period earlier than normal?
Bear in mind its only my second one
But its nasty.. and I'm confused! wacko.gif

-sincerely
post Oct 21 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #38

Member No: 362,677

QUOTE(Luffley @ Oct 21 2006, 9:02 PM) *
wacko.gif Ok.. So I'm new to the whole period thing
I got my first period last month..
EXACTLY the morning of sept 29th, around 8:10
I got it again YESTERDAY.. it hasn't been long this the last one :/
The last one was SUPER light and light light brown, it lasted three days.
This one is SUPER heavy.. I've ruined 4 pairs of underwear since yesterday, Its gushing all over.. Dark red, soaking up the pads quickly..

Is this possible?
To get your period earlier than normal?
Bear in mind its only my second one
But its nasty.. and I'm confused! wacko.gif

my doctor specializes in children and adolescents.. she told me that for the first two years, it's okay to have an abnormal period. my two years is coming up in december. pinch.gif

cant_friggen_tou...
post Oct 28 2006, 11:00 AM
Post #39

Member No: 475,931

Thanks for posting all of this information. I can really get used to having my period now! I have only had it for about 6 months now, so I am still getting used to it, but at the same time, I know when it starts and when it ends, so I have pads with me everday! lol!

dysfunctional_he...
post Nov 1 2006, 11:16 AM
Post #40

Member No: 476,734

QUOTE(Kathleen @ Sep 29 2006, 6:39 PM) *
I'm bleeding.. purple. Is that normal? mellow.gif

Oh dear god. I sure hope you're joking. cry.gif

*.fire*
post Nov 6 2006, 02:02 AM
Post #41

OH MY GOOOSSHH IM BLEEDING BLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDINNNNNGGG!!!! THE PAIN THE PAIN!!!!!!!! IM GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!

snuffleluffakis
post Nov 26 2006, 03:29 PM
Post #42

Member No: 470,496

If you are just getting yours...its most likely not on scheduale. I've had mine for almost 3 years, and I didn't know my scheduale (which is every 25 days instead of the usual 28) till this year. So dont worry if you have just gottne your period.

*x1227x*
post Nov 26 2006, 07:19 PM
Post #43

lol @ .fire

mine comes either in the beginning of the month or the end. =/

moninja
post Dec 14 2006, 07:28 PM
Post #44

R U A Q T ? [;

Group: Official Member
Member No: 421,631

got this from cosmogirl and i thought it was helpful. thumbsup.gif

your menstrual cycle's horomone fluctuations can make you creative and energetic some days, intutive and nuturing on others. here gabrielle gichterman, author of 28 days, explains how what she calls hormonolgy helps you make the most of your hormonal up and downs. (btw, week one begins on the first day of your period.)

week 1: you're slow-moving and you have trouble making decisions.
why: your period is here and estrogen and testosterone are low and sapping your energy.
maximize your mood: because you're not at your sharpest this week, put off making any drastic decisions, like trying a new short haircut or swithcing your college major, until next week. re-energize yourself by taking frequent naps so that you can be the best you can.

week 2: you're at your peak - your memory is at its sharpest. and you're confident, with lots of energy.
why: estrogen and testosterone are at their highest levels, so you're energentic and thinking faster!
maximize your mood: schedule tests if you can (like the SAT or your driving test), and try a new sport (roller derby, anyone?). skip slow activites (long plays, piano concerts: you'll get bored.

week 3: you're feeling mellow and especially self-protective.
why: after ovulation comes a surge in progesterone, which makes you a bit cautious.
maximize your mood: go with the slow - make time for yourself (try meditating). have a heart-to-heart with someone who needs your advice or someone you've been having problems with. and avoid taking risks-try bungee jumping some other time!

week 4: you're intuitive, creative, and introspective about your feelings.
why: a drop in testosterone has you thinking with your right brain (the visual, artistic side). estrogen and progesterone are also at their lowest points, making your suspectible to mood swings.
maximizing your mood: take PMS with artsy projects like DIY'ing a necklage or writing a song. east your moods by indulging in guilty pleasures.

Stefanny
post Dec 19 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #45

chinky

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 434,437

QUOTE(sw33t_rouge @ Jun 13 2006, 4:34 AM) *
2 to 8 tablespoon of blood..yea right -.-

A lot of your menstrual blood is mixed with fluids and such. You know, those to support the possible baby?

k33zy
post Jan 11 2007, 05:14 PM
Post #46

Black Barbie

Member No: 494,605

i dont really know why, but i get a major chocolate crave when ever my period comes. laugh.gif

Simba
post Jan 11 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #47

Photoartist

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 399,390

QUOTE(k33zy @ Jan 11 2007, 5:14 PM) *
i dont really know why, but i get a major chocolate crave when ever my period comes. laugh.gif
As Diana (a painefull euphoria) informed me, many girls get a chocolate crave because of the loss of iron from blood loss.

I'm not 100% sure, so looking it up in a trustworthy source wouldn't hurt, but hopefully that clears things up a bit.

*Duchess of Dork*
post Jan 11 2007, 06:04 PM
Post #48

^ I had to pop in here when I saw a response by AC. laugh.gif

I crave anything salty when I'm in full moon mode.

You know, actually I was thinking about it. I always refer to that time of month as full moon mode and I came upon this article on WebMD today:
Here's the part that I thought was cool
The Moon Cycle

A normal menstrual cycle is actually more like a moon cycle. Interestingly, the only event in human life that corresponds to the lunar calendar is menstruation. Time itself was probably first measured by the moon's phases. One of the problems with the current English calendar is that the months don't coincide exactly with the solar year. In our current system, the months were made to fit by Gregory XIII, who gave them an arbitrary number of days unrelated to the moon calendar. So our calendar actually puts us out of sync with the moon.

The word menstrual comes from the Latin word mens meaning "month"; the word month comes from the root word moon. The Greek word for moon is mene, while menstruation actually means "moon change." (In some dictionaries, the root word for month and menstruation is measure.) The point of all this is to simply establish that a far more accurate and positive interpretation of menstruation was recorded in our history through language.

Countless other languages and cultures link menstruation to the moon as well. German peasants literally refer to menstruation as "the moon," while the French term for menstruation is le moment de la lune ("the moment of the moon"). The Mandingo, Susus, and Congo tribes also call menstruation "the moon," while in parts of East Africa, menstruation is thought to be caused by the new moon. The Papuans believe that the moon has intercourse with girls, triggering their periods; the Maori call menstruation "moon sickness"; the Fuegians call the moon "The Lord of the Women." Clearly the belief that the lunar cycle is identical to the menstrual cycle is universal. There is even some remarkable physical evidence that connects the moon to menstruation even more; for example, the cervix, metra in Greek, referring again to the word measurement, and also called the "meter of a woman," changes color, size, and position during menstruation. In fact, when it's viewed with a speculum (an instrument doctors use to open up the vagina), the cervix has been said to resemble a globe. Even in pregnancy, the embryo is shaped like the moon; the embryo starts out round and full, and as it becomes a fetus, it curves like the half-moon.

All this evidence suggests that women are perhaps far more in tune to the natural rhythms of the universe than they think. Meanwhile, comprehending the similarities between the menstrual and lunar cycles is crucial in order to understand what a healthy, normal menstrual cycle really is. Women are also in tune with other women's cycles; two women living together will often synchronize cycles. The rhythmic timing of menstruation also provides women with a sense of their own timing, other than just daylight.

From Menstrual Health article at WebMD

Simba
post Jan 11 2007, 06:55 PM
Post #49

Photoartist

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 399,390

^ laugh.gif Well, just trying to broaden my horizons.

k33zy
post Jan 11 2007, 09:57 PM
Post #50

Black Barbie

Member No: 494,605

wow, i didnt even know that, im glad i do now. i always thought that my iron might have been low.

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: