Reply to this topicStart new topic
I'm pregnant.
x3chrissyx3
post Aug 29 2005, 01:23 PM
Post #1

sO seDuctivE

Group: Member
Member No: 2,009

I was originally going to put this in health, but I'll leave it up to a mod to decide.
--------------------------------------------

I was pregnant a few times when I was in High School, thanks to being very irresponsible and such, I won't go into details. Anyway, I'm not a mother as of now because each time I was pregnant, I lost them, and I lost two very late. It was very hard, even as a kid myself to lose my child, you know?

Well, now, I'm pregnant again. I'm almost 22 years old, and I'm married, and while I don't have to be like "omg, my baby won't have a decent dad" I'm still worried that I'm going to end up losing this baby or these babies whichever it may be, again. I don't know what I can do to possibly prevent it from happening. The doctors aren't exactly sure why my other babies died or why I had the complications I did. I think if I gained weight it could help the situation a little and my body would be able to support a child more. I'm really unproportional. I'm tall, very thin and underweight, I have a large chest, and ugh, it's just a mess.

Do you know of anything that I can take or do to help me gain weight without causing harm to myself or giving me the highest cholesterol levl out there. I still want to stay healthy for the baby.

If any of you have ever been pregant before, could you tell me what I can possibly do this time around to make sure my babies and myself will be okay?

Thanks...

angelrevelation
post Aug 29 2005, 03:56 PM
Post #2

You can't keep running from what you're trying to find.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 54,096

i'm sorry about the other babies sad.gif console.gif

my mom drinks ensure (or boost... or slim fast) along with eating to (try to) gain weight (it doesnt work on her though... lol) rolleyes.gif

and i guess you can just increase the servings of the food you eat, gradually of course. and drink whole milk

edit: oh and i also heard yoga helps. like in the movie 'sisterhood of the traveling pants' their moms were in this yoga program for pregnant women

Chii
post Aug 29 2005, 07:37 PM
Post #3

dakishimetainoni...

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 75,318

i read a book awhile ago sort of about this. the author had a miscarriage the first time she was pregnant. she was perfectly healthy, things like this just happen, a percentage of first time mothers lose their children for no reason at all...

don't worry too much, you'll probably be able to have this one. just take good care of yourself and get the do's and don't's of pregnancy from a doctor.

i thought i was pregnant about 2 months ago, my period was 2 and 1/2 weeks late...i was really scared...but when i got my period i was upset because a part of me really wanted the baby and it was as if i lost it. that's nothing compared to what you experienced but i feel for you.

Joss-eh-lime
post Aug 29 2005, 07:57 PM
Post #4

tell me more.

Member No: 35,640

make sure u take all those vitamins and see a doctor alot.

coconutter
post Aug 29 2005, 08:07 PM
Post #5

omnomnom

Member No: 180,688

try like energy bars that help you gain weight healthy calories and no fat (almost =D)

*iNyCxShoRT*
post Aug 29 2005, 08:09 PM
Post #6

Try gaining more weight, maybe thats why the others didn't make it. Father or no Father lets focus on making sure these babies come out healthy. Take up a exercising sport like yoga or meditation.

shortiiex
post Aug 29 2005, 08:11 PM
Post #7

Member No: 52,702

Don't be lazy but don't be so energetic
Drink Milk, eat meat...and vegtables and fruits

ParanoidAndroid
post Aug 29 2005, 10:41 PM
Post #8

Don't worry guys, size doesn't matter...to lesbians

Member No: 85,066

Hey sorry about the other babies.

I think I can help especially since my sister has a child of her own I learned a few things.

When pregnant you definately need to eat... A LOT and your cravings must be pleased as long as it's not food that is unhealthy for a baby. It's always good to do a little bit excersice to help the muscles carry the baby (but don't do torture excersice). And I guess you know this already but stay away from smoke-filled exhausted areas. Make sure none of the food or water you consume is contaminated with serious bacteria and don't bump into anything and don't fall or anything. Just eat health foods alright? And excerice...probably Yoga is good. OH AND KEEP AWAY FROM STRESS! STRESS CAN PRESSURE YOUR BABY SO DON'T PRESSURE YOURSELF! Very important. That is why first mothers really lose their babies most of the time... the pressure.

demolished
post Aug 29 2005, 11:23 PM
Post #9

Group:
Member No: 8,001

Do not bend down or twist your stomach side by side. Why? the baby is too fragile and you can kill it. Be careful and aware of the surronding, it can affect your baby. Make sure thing gets in your stomach's way.

No junk food. If you want to have some, at least eat very little.

Here's a helpful link.

http://www.whattoexpect.com/public/funnel/...9C8D304B25&np=1

dragyn
post Aug 29 2005, 11:25 PM
Post #10

Member No: 19,970

I have no idea where you can get theres, but there are actual protein bars and stuff like that that football players use to gain weight sometimes, you might ask some football players if you know any...

But I honestly think that overeating a lot would just be unhealthy, as well as sitting around doing nothing, which probably wouldn't even work if you're already thin. Ask a doctor.

x3chrissyx3
post Aug 30 2005, 11:34 AM
Post #11

sO seDuctivE

My doctor is in Aruba, so I asked my mom what kind of vitamins I should take, she told me all these different kinds, like vitamin D, magnesium, fish oil...but wouldn't it be easier to take a multi-vitamin?!

Blah, I'm just really nervous lately.

ParanoidAndroid
post Aug 30 2005, 11:36 AM
Post #12

Don't worry guys, size doesn't matter...to lesbians

Member No: 85,066

QUOTE(x3chrissyx3 @ Aug 30 2005, 11:34 AM)
My doctor is in Aruba, so I asked my mom what kind of vitamins I should take, she told me all these different kinds, like vitamin D, magnesium, fish oil...but wouldn't it be easier to take a multi-vitamin?!

Blah, I'm just really nervous lately.

Don't get nervous. Like I said, stress is bad. I mean you can get nervous but don't get TOOOOO apprehensive about this.

alincute28
post Aug 30 2005, 11:42 AM
Post #13

Member No: 123,073

i overheard my mum telling our neighbor to eat a lot of veggie. i could boost u i think happy.gif and... have a very healthy meal and dont skip anything... if u wanna take any supplement... pls consult ur doc. let him advice u. he might have some idea. during this period, dont overwork. do nomal work and dont stress urself.... hhmm... wat else can i remember.. do a bit exercise that can strengthen ur body...

and the most important part is u need to gain some weight. so that u can carry ur baby...

happy being a mom... get some advice from mag.. it might help.. hehehee... wink.gif biggrin.gif

till then

x3chrissyx3
post Aug 30 2005, 07:11 PM
Post #14

sO seDuctivE

I'm afraid to go to GNC or a place like that to get weight gain pills. I know I don't have to be FAT, but I just need more weight. I don't want to be fat either so I don't want to keep eating all carbs and stuff like that. I guess I'll weight 'til my doctor gets back from vacation. I wish I could go to the OB/GYN already for my regular appointments I'll be having, but I guess I can schedule one soon so we can talk about all of this? Eh, I don't know. My mind is going a little nuts.

SillyCourtney
post Aug 30 2005, 07:21 PM
Post #15

Queen of Random Information

Member No: 157,057

Well, first of all, how far are you into your pregnancy? Remember, you'll gain weight as the baby grows, and as the baby grows you'll want to eat more. All I can say is eat healthy and exercise a little, because it does help. As your baby is growing and healthy, you'll also grow, so don't worry too too much, because stress is bad for a baby.

Comptine
post Aug 30 2005, 08:50 PM
Post #16

Sing to Me

Member No: 10,808

sometimes things like this are unpredictable. i'm sorry for your first babies.

i suppose eating more protein could help and having a balanced diet. you should maybe talk to a nutritionist.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: