@ Mona Lisa, .fire, and cB in general. ;)
Vendetta_br
post Dec 1 2006, 12:22 AM
Post #1

Blogring.net Administrator

Group: Member
Member No: 434,185

What bothers me is that one of the admins (or a member, don't remember) posted here not too long ago saying there's no need for hostility between CB and BR. Really, now. I don't see any of it from this side. If someone here posted that they loved BR, it may be border-line spam depending on context but banning someone because of a statement he/she made is ridiculous and hilarious.
- Mona Lisa

That administrator is me, by the way. (OMG BR ADMINISTRATORZ IS POSTIN HERE SO IMMATUREZ). I figured it was time for us to have another chat, since I'm stuck taking out your trash, again. Per the usual. I fully expect this thread to be flamed, which is fine. I'm going to make my point very concisely and very elegantly, try to do the same. Don't be angry, I'm not. I'm as calm as a hindu cow. I'm just fed up.

Recently, I've had to deal with yet ANOTHER cB member deciding it would be fun to spam my boards, and once again, I've had to ban ANOTHER cB member for general jackassery of the 1st degree.

Now Mona Lisa, again, I would like to stress a simple point: I am fully able to control my members, and therefore, they do not come to cB to spam because they're bored or retarded or whatever cause is behind cB members spamming BR. It's rather absurd for you to say "I don't see any of it [hostility] from this side," when you know damned well there is.

I ban an average of 10-15 cB members a month from BR, not because they're on BR - don't get me wrong, I love the traffic, and most are good intentioned enough - but because they think it's funny as hell to come to BR and spam, advertise, and be general nuisances.

Hostility towards BR? http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php...6798&st=250

Contrary to what some may think, I passed kindergarten, and learned to read. Now, I'll give one hundred dollars to ANYONE who can find ANY such feelings on BR. We don't like you, and we're intelligent enough to know we don't have to point it out.

.fire, http://blogring.net/forum/archives/97742-i...tml#post2002836 is why you got banned.

We don't ban people because we like to. We ban people who break the rules of the site. Don't think we tolerate your spam or advertising. Don't think you get banned because I run a crew of communists. If you get banned, you get banned because you think spamming or advertising is funny. Well guess what, you're not funny, and you're not clever. It makes you a boring loser and people hate you.

I don't know about the warning system on BR so I can understand if they are warned for spamming. I don't know whether or not it's true or if anyone can confirm so I was only going by word of mouth, er post, of whoever posted about being banned for spamming (or was it advertising?). And I was making hostile remarks about BR, where exactly?
- Mona Lisa

Our warning system is actually quite complex. We can warn, give infractions, suspend points, lower reputation, ban, suspend, and do many other creative things which I designed in my little server shop of horrors. We can also do many more positive things.

We have a pretty clearly defined set of rules. If you have 1-10 posts on your account, and you spam, generally, it will be me that will ban you outright because you're not contributing to my site in any productive way, you're just being an idiot. cB would do the same.

If you advertise ANYTHING that's for personal gain, and not in the links forum, I will generally ban you outright as well.

As far as people coming to BR with genuine opinions and points of discussion, I never ban people. Instead of spamming "LOL CB ROX U SUX0RZ", if someone came to BR, posted a thought out thread about the superiority of cB, and stayed to chat, I wouldn't ban you. I'd refute, of course, but you wouldn't be banned. I encourage dissenting opinions.

I just said "Some of yall are hella dumb." and they suspended me.
- sofakinglazy

I'm sure there is more to it than that. If a moderator banned you, there is a reason. Don't act innocent.

There has been a history of abuse of power at br.
but anyway.
here is not to discus the f**ked up system
the moral of the story is cB
isnt a forum that fucks with people
cB's mods have a sence of dignity.and use their powers as mods respectfully and properly.
and thats why this forum is booming so well.
beacuse here.
there is no hostility.
you can say somehting really dumb and not get rocks thrown at you for your oppion.
you might get corrected.
and there is rarely a thread fight on any forum.
i should know.
im top poster
ive been top poster for a couple days now =]
there are your forum trolls
but they are very minimal
and they are under a sence of control.
- a painefull euphoria

Even if I discounted spelling and grammar, this definately should get an award for "Most ignorant and generally stupid post ever."

There was a never an abuse of power on BR, I would know, because I control all the powers that be on BR. In fact, please, illustrate where this has occured. I'm dying to know.

cB probably "fucks" with people way more than we do. Though I wouldn't know...I generally keep to myself and my own business. I'd be quicker to chide your "staff" as well. You have some good mods, and more bad mods. You elect through popularity contests and your mods fail, time and again, to prevent you from spamming up my boards. Mona Lisa, by not taking any responsibility for the actions of your members, and for ignoring obvious issues we have with each other, you only show your own irresponsibility. I don't know about you, but I'm trying to run a serious site and a serious business. Either get with the program, or "gtfo" as they say.

As for a "booming" site, true, BR had a rough spell. But we're already back to outranking everyone else on pretty much any popular xanga/myspace related search hit, and now that I'm finishing up cleaning up my 2nd generation BR design, our hits are increasing dramatically. I found where cB had linkbacks on BR, and I deleted them all. In fact, I cut BR from cB in every way, shape and form. I don't know why, but we were one of cB's biggest hit and link sources. Clever, but not clever enough. But it's okay.

Oh, and to prove my point, D e a t h . S t a r . R a v e n won't be banned on BR. Because again, I don't ban for arbitrary reasons.

.fire, I know you apologized, and I appreciate it. I really do, it shows a lot of maturity in your case...I know from experience, it's not always the easiest thing to own up to mistakes. Kudos to you.

But you're still banned. And you've done a pretty good job of further deteriorating my paitence towards cB. If you want to come to BR, and contribute, you're welcome. Hell, you're welcome to come, and not say a thing at all, if you wish. But don't come and decide you want to break my rules. I don't care if one of you does it, or all 250,000 of you do. I'll ban you all just the same, not because you're from cB, I honestly don't know where you come from 99% of the time, but because you're being dumb.

Now, either leave BR and myself alone, or let's be friends. But make up your mind, and quit wasting my damn time.

Imagine what we could do for each other if we actually worked together, or affiliated, or what not. I'd like that. But instead, you continue to perpetuate stuff like this.

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 24)
*sofakinglazy*
post Dec 1 2006, 12:26 AM
Post #2

Calm down, I was being sarcastic. Although I was warned twice for "one word" responses. But, If I did somehow upset you in anyway, I am sorry.

*T0rmented_Soul*
post Dec 1 2006, 12:47 AM
Post #3

whoah this is some interesting stuff. I didn't know things like this happened.
But yeah people are people, and some tend to act out of disrespect. I can understand how you would want the admin of this site to take action. But maybe a matter like this should've been kept between admin to admin. Though you have your points. but you can't assume that your thread will be flamed. not everyone here in cB is that heartless.

*salcha4u*
post Dec 1 2006, 12:50 AM
Post #4

Lol cB is too laid back for us.

Vendetta_br
post Dec 1 2006, 12:54 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(T0rmented_Soul @ Dec 1 2006, 12:47 AM) *
whoah this is some interesting stuff. I didn't know things like this happened.
But yeah people are people, and some tend to act out of disrespect. I can understand how you would want the admin of this site to take action. But maybe a matter like this should've been kept between admin to admin. Though you have your points. but you can't assume that your thread will be flamed. not everyone here in cB is that heartless.

I had considered this, T0rmented, but unfortunately, anything done in private, is just that - private. Posting things in public ensures that I am held accountable for anything I say, as well as other parties. This is the best guarantee I can think of that ensures EVERYONE gets a fair say in the matter, and then they are held to what they say. And I do entertain thoughts anyone may have in private as well, if they wish to go that route. If they do, all they need do is IM or PM me, and I'll keep it private. Again, it's a good thought though, and I wish it could be done that way, but as an individual and a proffesional journalist, I'm a strong believer in public record. :)

And just as an aside sofakinglazy, it's impossible to do one word responses anymore. You can't post if you don't make a minimum word count now.

*mona lisa*
post Dec 1 2006, 01:20 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(Vendetta_br @ Dec 1 2006, 12:22 AM) *
Don't be angry, I'm not. I'm as calm as a hindu cow. I'm just fed up.
I find that offensive, as I am Hindu.

I won't question why you have BR set up the way you do and you are free to ban whoever and however you wish.

We have a pretty clearly defined set of rules. If you have 1-10 posts on your account, and you spam, generally, it will be me that will ban you outright because you're not contributing to my site in any productive way, you're just being an idiot. cB would do the same.
No, cB would not do the same. Members aren't banned if they only have a handful of posts and spam. If it's repeatedly done, however, they will be warned and suspensions and bans will be carried out if the situation is extreme. But that rarely occurs. So unless you're talking generally about punishment, no, cB would not do the same.

I didn't know you kept tabs on us. So tell me, what "popularity contests" have you seen during hiring sessions here? There's a reason why someone is hired and why another is not. A thread for member input is always made and sometimes, it seems as though members suggest their friends based on friendship rather than good candidacy, but it doesn't mean all current mods will agree to promote him/her. Someone is promoted if we see good in him/her but if they fail to keep to their duties, they are asked to step down. Still not understanding the comment about popularity contests.

I apologize if you're looking for those members who spam BR to be punished but I will not ban anyone who does so. It is my responsibility to watch over cB, not BR. I should have asked .fire to stop spamming on BR and so I apologize for not doing so. But I don't go asking members to spam BR for the hell of it so I don't think I should have to do anything more than that. It is the member's responsibility and freedom.

It was and is Ju-Sun's view that we not affiliate with anyone. Since this issue has been brought up in the past (about another forum, so I'm not sure if affiliation with BR has been brought up), I am certain of this. I don't have a problem with affiliation but I'm also fine with Ju-Sun's stance on this.

I found where cB had linkbacks on BR, and I deleted them all. In fact, I cut BR from cB in every way, shape and form.
I don't know any of the technical details or anything about the linkbacks but if affiliation has crossed your mind, then why do this?

Vendetta_br
post Dec 1 2006, 02:13 AM
Post #7

I find that offensive, as I am Hindu.

Then you should grasp the concept behind the quote, and not be offended.

Members aren't banned if they only have a handful of posts and spam. If it's repeatedly done, however, they will be warned and suspensions and bans will be carried out if the situation is extreme. But that rarely occurs.

You pretty much said exactly what I said using different words. So cB would do no different than I, or my staff would.

I didn't know you kept tabs on us. So tell me, what "popularity contests" have you seen during hiring sessions here?

Well, I'd be kind of foolish not to watch my biggest competition, wouldn't I? And I've actually been a cB member for more than a year, contrary to this particular account I'm using. One only has to quietly observe the process you use to select your mods to really see it for what it is.

I apologize if you're looking for those members who spam BR to be punished but I will not ban anyone who does so. It is my responsibility to watch over cB, not BR. I should have asked .fire to stop spamming on BR and so I apologize for not doing so. But I don't go asking members to spam BR for the hell of it so I don't think I should have to do anything more than that. It is the member's responsibility and freedom.

It's become pretty clear you won't punish your members, your lack of control is evident every time I have to deal with the re-occuring situation. And if it's your responsibility to watch over cB, then it is your responsibility to watch over your members. It's not that you ask members to spam BR, that's not the problem -

The problem is you do nothing, absolutely nothing to stop them. And doing nothing is the same as condoning it. And saying you don't have to deal with it is no excuse, because, guess what, I do.

I don't know any of the technical details or anything about the linkbacks but if affiliation has crossed your mind, then why do this?

Because, asking me for linkbacks is one thing. Arbitrarily recieving them is another. I'm not really one for goodwill for all and handouts, as such, had you asked to be kicked back on links using BR, I would at least have had a choice in the matter. Getting them anyway is just sneaky and underhanded. At this point, I'm not interested in affiliation, because there will come a point where cB will be an irrelevancy to BR.

But until that time, control your messes, and your immature members. They make ALL of you look bad.

Heathasm
post Dec 1 2006, 04:45 AM
Post #8

creepy heather

Group: Official Member
Member No: 41,580

this is so silly
cb does just fine for its self
it doesnt have control over any member that goes to br and posts "dumb" things that make them "losers" that "nobody likes".

the way mods reinforce their rules is fine, it keeps out major conflicts and the community continues to grow with good people which make up the general public you are aiming this at.

i dont see how the admins can know exactly how br acts towards cb members that pull pranks on yourf forums unless they lurk around as you do here, but to me they just seem to be forming their own opinions. i dont see how that bothers you so much to make it such a public issue along with a rant that most of the people here cant control.

also, your accusations are false about the modding system
i'm a former mod and i was hired for my abilities and dedication. i wasnt popular and im not social with very many people on cb yet i made it onto headstaff hmm..why? because i was good at it.

there are going to be problems and there are going to be people who try to go about expressing their opinions in the wrong matter but thats no reason to insult them like you did in this post and act like we all owe you something, especially being in a position of power on br. this just makes for a bad example on that whole forum

smoke
post Dec 1 2006, 09:13 AM
Post #9

Pokeball, GO!

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 433,009

Have you ever taken into consideration that it could very well be their opinion and not just spam? I honestly don't believe it's the fact that you have control over your members. That's obsurd to think that. We can't control what every single member does outside of cB, nor can you control what yours do outside of BlogRing. It's simply the fact that your members can't really say anything about this site. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not justifying of members doing what they've done but for us to give disiplinary actions because of what our members have done outside of our control is stupid. Sure, we can ask them not to, and I encourage them not to, however, it's a matter of if they will listen or not. You make it sound like our members are a bunch of savage immature children. That's not the case. Our members don't feel confined here. They feel like they can have fun and, generally, say whatever they want without having a rein of mods all over them. We don't ban everybody and their brother for breaking a few rules. We use banning as a last resort because we want to encourage our members to post here. Maybe that's the secret to success. We know when and when not to draw the line. Our members seem to be very satisfied with the way we do things around here. Sure, there are some that have problems, but we respect that and take it into serious consideration and I believe they know that and respect us more for it.

Mona Lisa may not have seen the hostility. The topic of BR rarely ever comes into discussion. I doubt Mona is observing BlogRings every move. There's really no reason to. Again, we have control over our members here, not what they do outside of here. It'd be a little power hungry for us to do so. Mona is in no way irresponsible. She is basically the heart of this site. I don't know where you got on that kick, but I take that personal. BR is far from perfect itself and if you think having absolute dominance over your members and controlling everything they do is a way to run a site, more power to you. That's probably why we have more members. We don't do that. We have rules here and we enforce them well, but the way we do it seems to be catching on just a tad bit more, wouldn't you say? wink.gif

Well, I'd be kind of foolish not to watch my biggest competition, wouldn't I? And I've actually been a cB member for more than a year, contrary to this particular account I'm using. One only has to quietly observe the process you use to select your mods to really see it for what it is.
Well, not to be rude, but that was about as half assed of an answer you can get. Don't beat around the bush here. Mona asked what "popularity contests" have you seen during hiring sessions here. Either answer it or don't bother trying to avoid it. I really don't see where you got this anyway. Our hiring sessions are very thorough. I was hired fairly new. I had left cB for a year for personal reasons, only being a member a little before that year brake, and I got hired. I wasn't popular in the least bit, but I proved I could do the job. And bad mods? What bad mods? Go ahead, name some and actually give valid reasons. If your going to make accusations, back them up. It makes you look false for not doing so.

There was a never an abuse of power on BR, I would know, because I control all the powers that be on BR. In fact, please, illustrate where this has occured. I'm dying to know.
And yet you fail to illustrate any of your accusations. rolleyes.gif Oh, and "occured" is spelled occurred.

Anyway, I'm in school right now, so I can't really reply like I want to, but don't worry, I will definitely get back to you. Bottom line is that you stick to your site and we'll stick to ours.

fameONE
post Dec 1 2006, 09:41 AM
Post #10

^_^

Member No: 91,466

Damn, BR, you have way too much time on your hands. But whatever makes you happy, kid.

datass
post Dec 1 2006, 10:37 AM
Post #11

(′ ・ω・`)

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 72,477

Why would you spend time to leave BR to tell us our cB members aren't behaving like you like them to at BR? Our mods don't have control over the members outside of cB. Use your common sense

Rachel
post Dec 1 2006, 10:43 AM
Post #12

i've never wanted anything rationale.

Member No: 19,045

THESE ARE JUST FORUMS PEOPLE.

*Duchess of Dork*
post Dec 1 2006, 10:49 AM
Post #13

I'm glad to see that things are better for you at BR than before.

I do not think that it is necessary nor prudent for me to rehash what has already been said. I will, however, stress one thing: We cannot control what people do at other sites. Surely you know that.

You needed to get something off your chest, and you did.

As an administrator of a Forum, you can exercise the power that you have and continue to ban those who you feel violate your Forum.

Best of luck.

fameONE
post Dec 1 2006, 01:05 PM
Post #14

^_^

Member No: 91,466

I'm all for forming physical friendships from online communities, but really, this is just the internet, BR. It's not that serious. Don't lose sleep over such petty and trivial things. You're obviously not an idiot, but sometimes its best not to impose intelligence through stoic argument (or try to) and to just use some common sense and let things go.

*kryogenix*
post Dec 1 2006, 01:40 PM
Post #15

How's Michael doing anyway?

Jeng
post Dec 1 2006, 03:02 PM
Post #16

Member No: 213,509

what rachel said. ITS ONLINE. dont take it so seriously. and wow.

*kryogenix*
post Dec 1 2006, 03:22 PM
Post #17

minioligo
post Dec 1 2006, 03:36 PM
Post #18

i'm so bored.

Member No: 473,614

Hm. Putting my two cents in. Choose to read it or not.

I'm as calm as a hindu cow. I'm just fed up.

QUOTE(Vendetta_br @ Dec 1 2006, 2:13 AM) *
Then you should grasp the concept behind the quote, and not be offended.

I honestly respected you for putting your opinion out on the table, but this turned me off. Saying something like that is, in my opinion, is absolutely ignorant. You should've chosen another "quote" to try to prove your point in this topic. "As calm as a Hindu cow" was a poor quote to choose from and I think that you are smart enough to know that you should have known better.

Actually, as Mona Lisa said, no. Createblog has their own way of handling its members and also has their own set of rules. Also, I know (from being a former mod) that createblog would not "ban members outright" for just having 1-10 posts on an account with spam. I know for sure that cB has its own warning system and it is for mods to decide what they would do for a member if they ever broke a rule.

cB probably "fucks" with people way more than we do. Though I wouldn't know...I generally keep to myself and my own business. I'd be quicker to chide your "staff" as well. You have some good mods, and more bad mods. You elect through popularity contests and your mods fail, time and again, to prevent you from spamming up my boards. Mona Lisa, by not taking any responsibility for the actions of your members, and for ignoring obvious issues we have with each other, you only show your own irresponsibility. I don't know about you, but I'm trying to run a serious site and a serious business. Either get with the program, or "gtfo" as they say.

If you have a problem with the mods, take it to the Moderator Performance topic in feedback. As for the modding process, the entire community (meaning its members and staff) generally elects the mods they want, and that is what makes the forums happy. Sure, cB does not choose "good mods" every time, but why does every modding process have to be absolutely perfect? Experience with former mods and members is what a forum needs for guidelines and examples. And popularity contests? I think you should try going through the process of electing mods here at cB first before saying something like that. Otherwise, you can shut your mouth about that topic. You do not have the place (actually, nobody does) to choose an exact right or wrong way of how to elect mods and how they do their job.

Createblog has no control over its members and you can do whatever you'd like to them at blogring. If the members and staff team is so bad here at cB, as Brendon said, back it up. You act as if everybody at createblog wants to bash BR in every way. I can honestly say that probably more than half the members here don't even care. The old cB vs. BR feud was over a long time ago.

That's all I have to say.

moninja
post Dec 1 2006, 04:12 PM
Post #19

R U A Q T ? [;

Member No: 421,631

QUOTE(Rachel is love @ Dec 1 2006, 7:43 AM) *
THESE ARE JUST FORUMS PEOPLE.

seriously. do you have to make such a big deal about it? mellow.gif

*Pl-dot-lS*
post Dec 1 2006, 05:01 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(UHH @ Dec 1 2006, 1:12 PM) *
seriously. do you have to make such a big deal about it? mellow.gif

It's all about pride.

Spirited Away
post Dec 1 2006, 06:16 PM
Post #21

Quand j'étais jeune...

Member No: 1,272

Fed up with cB not being able to "control" its members? Might as well be fed up with the police not being able to prevent all crimes or catch all the criminals. Well, if you are, I don't blame you, but I would smile at how small the world is in your eyes. It seems the time you took to be "concise" and "elegant" should have been invested in reorganizing your common sense.

While I understand your upset at a few cB members for abusing their welcome at BR, the situation can hardly be anyone's fault except for those who chose to be spammers at your forum.

Since you presented a problem that cannot logically be said to be anyone's fault (you're welcome to argue this because you seem to think Mona or admins are to blame), maybe you could explain what you would do in Mona's shoes? And if you would have liked to see these spammers punished though, I think you could have tried a different tactic, that is, a less accusing one.

show_me
post Dec 1 2006, 07:30 PM
Post #22

1TRIPZ FUCC UP

Member No: 482,242

Okay, sofakinglazy is just dumb sometimes and a painefull euphoria is pregnant, single, and not receiving child support.

Seriously though...this is just going to lead to more problems, because I know for a fact theres other forum members who would love to join the forum hi jack team.

We're all fun and games here at createblog, You're way too serious, do you get paid for being Admin? Is that why this is soo SUPA DUPA IMPORTANT TO YOU?

*kryogenix*
post Dec 1 2006, 07:57 PM
Post #23

Fun and games at createblog?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

that's so funny.

Spirited Away
post Dec 1 2006, 07:58 PM
Post #24

Quand j'étais jeune...

Member No: 1,272

... i must reluctantly agree with you.

smoke
post Dec 1 2006, 07:59 PM
Post #25

Pokeball, GO!

Member No: 433,009

QUOTE(showme @ Dec 1 2006, 7:30 PM) *
Okay, sofakinglazy is just dumb sometimes and a painefull euphoria is pregnant, single, and not receiving child support.
Seriously though...this is just going to lead to more problems, because I know for a fact theres other forum members who would love to join the forum hi jack team.

We're all fun and games here at createblog, You're way too serious, do you get paid for being Admin? Is that why this is soo SUPA DUPA IMPORTANT TO YOU?

Well, I don't get paid, but I'm definitely dedicated to this site. I love cB. A forum should be made to be a place where members can have fun. Not be oppressed by mods. That's not our job. We're here to watch you and make sure you follow the rules, but there's a difference in being a leader and a tyrant.

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: