Reply to this topicStart new topic
majer insomnia, but not tired thhe next day...
jackizzle
post Feb 27 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #1

i have to watch the one i love, forget shes loves me.

Group: Member
Member No: 61,209

Okay, so i've been taking Wellbutrin for depression for a little while now. And before- I guess- it was okay but now I think I'm going crazy. I don't go to sleep until around 2 am. And when I do finally go to sleep it's not because I'm tired, it's because I don't want my dad to wake up and see me. And normally when people go to sleep at 2 am and wake up at 6:30 am they are dreafully tired during school. Howeverm this is not the case with me, as I feel perfectly rested. It first started out with going to bed at 1 am, then 2 am, then 3 am, then 2 am-mainly because there was nothing to do, and on a Saturday night I stayed up until 6 am and got up for church around 10. And one night I was really bored-or something- and so I tore up magazine pages, crinkled them into a ball, and started throwing them into the recycle bin like basketball. Now I'm sorry this is so long, but I was just wondering if anyone had any insight as to what is wrong with me.

Thanks for your help! :]

multifaceted
post Feb 27 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #2

I'm Cattt. :]

Group: Validating
Member No: 130,831

Maybe it is the depression medication. I'm no expert but that might be a side effect.

*Kathleen*
post Feb 28 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #3

^ Yeah.. also, how long has this been going on?

jackizzle
post Mar 1 2007, 02:50 AM
Post #4

i have to watch the one i love, forget shes loves me.

Member No: 61,209

going on to about 5 or 6 days. but most of the time i am like extremely happy and slightly hyper i guess you could say. sometimes its like the opposite of depression but sometimes i'm still depressed...

amyzhou<3
post Mar 2 2007, 12:45 AM
Post #5

Member No: 504,765

OMG that happend to me in the summer, I would go to sleep at 3:00 am and wake up at 8:00 not tired at all. I told my friend and she said to try and sleep earlier but it didn't help cause I would just be up until 3 again. When school started I started getting busier with sports and stuff and I kinda just started to sleep earlier.

Jane Doe.
post Mar 2 2007, 02:53 AM
Post #6

Member No: 170,127

Tell your doctor. I think it may be the dosage; it may have to be lowered or altered.

synthase
post Mar 13 2007, 04:40 PM
Post #7

ALLISON

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 310,259

depression, anxiety, pain, use of stimulants or medications could be the cause
modifying your sleep environment, your schedule, or what and when you eat and drink and getting more activity could help also
you can also try to relax your muscles before sleeping by doing some stretches _smile.gif

elaboratedream
post Apr 1 2007, 08:31 PM
Post #8

straight as a rainbow and twice as colorful

Member No: 112,415

it sounds to me like a bit of hypomania... (hypomania is a part of bipolar where you feel extremely happy and rather hyper, most people dont sleep much during manic episodes and dont really feel tired at all)
If you are bipolar or even have slight bipolar tendancies, antidepressants can set off mania.

before you started taking medication, were you always depressed or did you feel that happy hyper at times?

clarity
post Apr 8 2007, 11:12 PM
Post #9

vengeance.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 437,024

Wow, that sounds just like me.

Although, I'm not taking any medication.

So, hm... maybe its just insomnia itself.

*jeanna*
post Nov 1 2007, 12:27 PM
Post #10

no offense but you must look like crap even though you feel good lol, just saying.

im on wellbutrin and i'm paranoid as HELL. oh and sleeping is not something that comes easy for me either

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: