Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

46 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Creation or Evolution?, Which do you believe in?
visualfusion
post Mar 31 2004, 05:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 7,274

I believe both theories of creation and evolution is extremely faulty because of the lack of evidence and the constant rebuttles between the two sides.

What do you think?

hammer.gif

*CEP*
post Mar 31 2004, 05:45 PM
Post #2

Rebuttles.

I go for Evolution. Only because most of the board's probably going for creation.

- Chinkieeyedpnoi

waccoon
post Mar 31 2004, 05:51 PM
Post #3

We are the cure.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 1,456

http://library.thinkquest.org/29178/origlife.htm

DisneyPrincessKa...
post Mar 31 2004, 05:58 PM
Post #4

I wanna be roman

Member No: 989

I think that God just took a huge hand in evolution. If he had told the people who had written the Bible about evolution they never would have believed, so he told them about Adam and Eve. That's what I believe.

annchovie
post Mar 31 2004, 06:05 PM
Post #5

Member No: 3,316

i believe in god's creation. but i also believe in evolution. meaning like he created us (as humans not primates), but other things, like bugs or animals or reptiles, evolved.

*krnxswat*
post Mar 31 2004, 06:32 PM
Post #6

Creation.

kevinma03
post Mar 31 2004, 06:41 PM
Post #7

Member No: 832

*RELIGION ALERT RELIGION ALERT*

This is gonna turn into another religious debate. Just like the politics thread and the abortion thread and that other thread... forgot the topic.

hybrid
post Mar 31 2004, 06:43 PM
Post #8

pixel hybrid

Member No: 1,081

huh.gif why forget the topic? Why can't people learn some debating crafts in this forum?

Anyway, I say creation. Just because I don't the whole evolution thing..

CloudUnionX
post Mar 31 2004, 07:17 PM
Post #9

Perfectly Flawed

Member No: 1,652

Someone find me proof of either one.

bluecrystals
post Mar 31 2004, 07:38 PM
Post #10

Member No: 216

i don't know what to believe in.

wayne
post Mar 31 2004, 07:51 PM
Post #11

t3h koolest guy in cB

Member No: 513

creation

*Kathleen*
post Mar 31 2004, 08:00 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(chinkieeyedpnoi @ Mar 31 2004, 5:45 PM)
Rebuttles.

I go for Evolution. Only because most of the board's probably going for creation.

- Chinkieeyedpnoi

I voted for evolution! Proof? We're 98% related to monkeys! Isn't that enough for you? We're not that close in DNA to any other animal. Besides, the Bible says that the Earth is only so many thousands of years old, but scientists who study the Earth estimate that it's about 4 billion+...how can that be? Heh...well, I'm an aheist, so yeah...that's just what I think about it...I don't really want to argue... ermm.gif

waccoon
post Mar 31 2004, 08:03 PM
Post #13

We are the cure.

QUOTE(Kathleen @ Mar 31 2004, 8:00 PM)
I voted for evolution! Proof? We're 98% related to monkeys! Isn't that enough for you? We're not that close in DNA to any other animal. Besides, the Bible says that the Earth is only so many thousands of years old, but scientists who study the Earth estimate that it's about 4 billion+...how can that be? Heh...well, I'm an aheist, so yeah...that's just what I think about it...I don't really want to argue... ermm.gif

good point - if it's thousands of years old - is god lying to us?

hybrid
post Mar 31 2004, 08:03 PM
Post #14

pixel hybrid

Member No: 1,081

QUOTE(Kathleen @ Mar 31 2004, 8:00 PM)
We're 98% related to monkeys! Isn't that enough for you? We're not that close in DNA to any other animal.

I think I know some with real monkey DNA. rolleyes.gif

*CEP*
post Mar 31 2004, 08:04 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(waccoon @ Mar 31 2004, 8:03 PM)
good point - if it's thousands of years old - is god lying to us?

Is God even there to lie to us?
[ insert shocked/OMG/WTF face here ]

- Chinkieeyedpnoi

kevinma03
post Mar 31 2004, 08:06 PM
Post #16

Member No: 832

I believe in evolution. The current evidence points towards evolution rather than creationism.

*Kathleen*
post Mar 31 2004, 08:24 PM
Post #17

Yeah, honestly, is there even slight proof that "God" created us? There's already proof that we're closely related to monkeys, so... pinch.gif

AmesBond
post Mar 31 2004, 08:35 PM
Post #18

Squirrelly Member

Member No: 7,267

Evolution seems to have most scientific logic behind it whereas Creation is just a whole bunch of religious people yelling at me that God made everything and when I ask them why they tell me the Bible tells them so. Well, where's the reference page for that?

waccoon
post Mar 31 2004, 08:49 PM
Post #19

We are the cure.

http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6604

xislandxstylex
post Mar 31 2004, 09:58 PM
Post #20

i am member numberr 9000

Member No: 9,000

i believe that God created us. You don't need proof. just faith worthy.gif

*Kathleen*
post Mar 31 2004, 09:59 PM
Post #21

Yes, this is similar to that other thread waccoon posted above.

stryker76
post Mar 31 2004, 10:00 PM
Post #22

Mr.Politicly Incorrect

Member No: 8,405

Well....i have my own beleifs.....no nothing with god...i personally do not believe that one super being made me from a pile of dirt and some girl from my rib...um no ill pass on that thanx...but i do believe that the Universe is much older then we think it may be...I believe that at one time there was a planet out there some place in the universe that exploded or was destroyed or something....its remains then eventually got to earth.....now it has been proven that life and sustain it self in zero gravity and zero oxygen...although only microscopic in size.....but that is where evolution takes it turn....once a part of another plant reachs earth....it can grow and evolve to its new environment.....over time evolving into what we have now......Now for those of you that are not imaginative.....that is only a possiblity....but i have watched a show on the theory of evolution and how it all may have started....yes i have no life out side of my computer and football season...but ne ways.....with the right mixture of base elements found in the atmosphere we still live in today you can make life.....all you need to add is a source of energy....once again it is all around us....and a constant on the earth's surface.....Lightening.....Lightening created our Ozone layer that protects us today from UV radiation from the Sun.....back on track....Some scientist took what was the original elements found in the earths atmosphere and placed them in a air-tight glass globe....also goin into the globe was 2 electric probes.....they sent a charge causeing a spark every 10 mins or soo for so many days.....after opening the globe....scientist studied the carbon left from the electric sparks....now all life is carbon based....after studies the scientist found that simple single celled organisms had developed in the arit tigh globe....the same globe that was only filled with elements and no live matter.....so in conclusion it proved that evolution is much more tangable then Religious....journalism as i call it....so yeah i believe in what is tangable and can be proven.....not "Faith"

stryker76
post Mar 31 2004, 10:01 PM
Post #23

Mr.Politicly Incorrect

hmmmm pretty smart for not doin homework huh....hahahaha laugh.gif

*Kathleen*
post Mar 31 2004, 10:02 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(stryker76 @ Mar 31 2004, 10:00 PM)
Well....i have my own beleifs.....no nothing with god...i personally do not believe that one super being made me from a pile of dirt and some girl from my rib...um no ill pass on that thanx...but i do believe that the Universe is much older then we think it may be...I believe that at one time there was a planet out there some place in the universe that exploded or was destroyed or something....its remains then eventually got to earth.....now it has been proven that life and sustain it self in zero gravity and zero oxygen...although only microscopic in size.....but that is where evolution takes it turn....once a part of another plant reachs earth....it can grow and evolve to its new environment.....over time evolving into what we have now......Now for those of you that are not imaginative.....that is only a possiblity....but i have watched a show on the theory of evolution and how it all may have started....yes i have no life out side of my computer and football season...but ne ways.....with the right mixture of base elements found in the atmosphere we still live in today you can make life.....all you need to add is a source of energy....once again it is all around us....and a constant on the earth's surface.....Lightening.....Lightening created our Ozone layer that protects us today from UV radiation from the Sun.....back on track....Some scientist took what was the original elements found in the earths atmosphere and placed them in a air-tight glass globe....also goin into the globe was 2 electric probes.....they sent a charge causeing a spark every 10 mins or soo for so many days.....after opening the globe....scientist studied the carbon left from the electric sparks....no all life is carbon based....after studies the scientist found that simple single celled organisms had developed in the arit tigh globe....the same globe that was only filled with elements and no live matter.....so in conclusion it proved that evolution is much more tangable then Religious....journalism as i call it....so yeah i believe in what is tangable and can be proven.....not "Faith"

Thank you! Yeah, I know we learned that in biology, but I was too lazy to post the whole thing. Hehe thanks, stryker!

stryker76
post Mar 31 2004, 10:04 PM
Post #25

Mr.Politicly Incorrect

ummm i didnt learn it in Bio...i actually got detention for showin my teacher up after teachin it to the class well the teacher left the room.....i love doin it biggrin.gif

46 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: